Players 2,283 407
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,274,259 1,529
Generated 656,698 111
Captured 1,193,915 518
Bred 6,423,551 900
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > General Discussion > [Share] Newbie Years & Other embarra...
Page 4 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Keanai
Level 66
The Hallowed
Threads: 71
Posted: 7/22/2015 at 3:54 PM Post #31
Female.
Yumi123
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 26
Posted: 7/22/2015 at 4:30 PM Post #32
When I got my "catch a Sylesti" quest, I didn't expect a scripted event. I was going to be picky and smart about it. I was going to find a lovely and amazing pet to be my second! I bought a trap and was hunting along, taking out uglies and being picky over what I wanted when.......MAGIC SCRIPTED NIXI SILHOUETTE APPEARED! And I caught it. And I didn't have a choice. And he's pretty ugu in colors and no visible traits. I never even pondered the possibility of him being the mate to my Sasuri. I didn't find THAT out until years later in the "show off your starter" thread!

For plain confusion, well, My Sasuri has white advanced ruins because I didn't understand trait colors.

Fun fact: I was a newbie in the very beginning! I joined Sylestia 2 days after it went live and snatched the user ID 166. Back in MY day, we didn't HAVE them FANCY SMANCY urggle flurp derop -chases people around with a walker-
Edited By Yumi123 on 7/22/2015 at 4:32 PM.
FireBreath
Level 60
Sylestiologist
Threads: 58
Posted: 7/22/2015 at 7:03 PM Post #33
List Of Why Fire Is a Fail

* When I was a "newbie" I was scared that Krin was going to be this big and all powerful bad guy. What that means is I thought he would punish us, for nothing. So I always found a way to not chat with him. I would literally leave chat if he logged on... yeah...
Sowwy Krin I like you now >.>

* Earlier back, I was just hopping along around the maps proud to be as far as I was. which was like destination 2... When I was done with this one battle, Jinxie popped up and said something. At that moment a pop up said I could not continue until I opened a pouch. I had no FREAKING idea what it was talking about. I messaged Krin a few times, and he said to check my inventory... There it was. The pouch was bright brown and sitting there in all its glory. I opened it expecting a few thousand diamonds when it gave me stupid armor. Major let down...

* The extreme annoyance for Jinxie started about a month after I actually got the hang of things.
I would always ask my friend for help and she just said to press the "x" Every time the page reloaded, she appeared again, thats when I lost it... I just put the computer away and wept in a corner and asked myself, "why does Jinxie hate meeeee"
Edited By FireBreath on 7/23/2015 at 1:07 PM.
Typhlosion
Level 75
Wondrous Witch
Threads: 331
Posted: 7/22/2015 at 8:28 PM Post #34
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=27370&page=3#23
Author: Keanai
Time Posted: 7/22/2015 at 11:27 AM
Mfff shiny weapons yes. We are a bit similar xD. A bit.

And um. I was one of those who thought you were male... until five minutes ago when I read you were not.

One of those people was me. DX
Xovinx
Level 74
Fright Master
Threads: 15
Posted: 7/22/2015 at 9:17 PM Post #35
Noobie stories, noobie stories... let's see, I must have some of those somewhere... :P

Happily, I was referenced to Sylestia by a friend, so most of my noob-problems were quickly solved with a message to her. There was a time, though, when I accidentally adopted some Nytekries I didn't need because I thought they were Griffis... and I thought Griffis were faaaar rarer then they were.
I had heard that the "bird animals" were really valuable, legendary and generally awesome, so I thought, "Hey! If these things are so rare, I can take these guys, set them up for breeding and make a fortune!"
Hah. Silly Vinx.
Nightbane
Level 75
Knight
Threads: 289
Posted: 7/23/2015 at 12:36 AM Post #36
Omg so you thought nytekries were rare? Lol
Nightbane
Level 75
Knight
Posted: 7/23/2015 at 12:45 AM Post #37
Another newbie year story that came to mind...

Hey @Elleshie.....do you remember that time when I got to ethernia, when I got so stuck that I freaked out and messaged you like crazy to 'just get onto region chat' to talk me through? Lol XD
SparklingGanymede
Level 60
Mojo Master
Threads: 29
Posted: 7/23/2015 at 12:57 AM Post #38
Depending on who you compare me to, I'm still kind of a noob, but I am slightly less n00bie than I was during the spring fest, which is exactly where this story is going.

To preface this, I'd like to state that the site overall is pretty easy to figure out without much guidance, and since I've played several other digital pet games and turn-based RPGs, battle and team building was the easiest to figure out. I still use my starter, my Catch A Sylesti mate, and my first uncommon as my main team.

Nurturing, on the other hand, had me absolutely stumped for weeks.

Picture, if you will, a battle-hardened warrior trying to change a diaper for the first time. Because that's exactly how hilariously I screwed this one up. I knew when I clicked Help Nurture Sylestis that ten eggs would appear and that clicking on them would make a dialogue box pop up. There were four buttons, and I needed to click one of them to make the baby happy, and if the baby was happy, I got a scale.

What I didn't realize was that above the expanse of blank pixels cut off by my laptop monitor was a short sentence actually telling me which button to click. Until the day two or so weeks later that I accidentally full-screened the browser and saw it, I was just randomly clicking buttons and hoping I got the right one. (I made about 1,000 scales this way.)

That, however, was only the beginning of my nurturing misadventures.

Flash forward to May, and the spring festival is going full-swing. It was my first festival on the site and I had no idea what I was doing, but boy was I having fun doing it! I was having so much fun that I accidentally topped one of the leader boards just for smiting everything in my path using a single-species party. Once I saw what I was suddenly in line to win, I knew that I needed, like, fifty of them. What I didn't have was seeds for the species I wanted, and I couldn't foresee the chance of finding many seeds or even being able to trade my seeds with other users.

So, at this point, my only hope was to dominate the leader boards and win what I wanted by sheer force of numbers. Looking at the stats and usernames of my competition, I noticed that while some seemed to be nurturing every baby ever in order to win whatever they could, a few users had managed to top the leader board for a specific species while not even placing on any other boards.

"How?" I asked myself stupidly. "With fabled, you can tell which species it is by the egg, but for non-fabled? Are they just skipping the hatchlings of other species in order to go faster?"

I tried that for a few minutes, and it didn't work all that great.

Irritated, I decided to do what any great warrior would do to solve a brain-thinky problem: Plant my mighty companions' seed into every available womb to amass an army of younglings to nurture at my discretion. If I bred the pets myself, I would know exactly which species I was nurturing at all times without wasting any clicks on mystery eggs. That had to be how everyone else was doing it, right?

Over 600 fishlizard eggs later, I learned that pets could be advanced searched by age and nurtured via their profile pages.

All that time spent searching and reviving long-abandoned, ugly no-vis dames out of desperation to literally raise my army. All that money spent on breeding fees when my own females were spent.

Suddenly, I was a broken, poop-stained warrior in a pastel rocking chair gross sobbing into a puddle of dozens upon dozens of weird-looking tadpoles all chanting "Hungry, Restless, Derpy, Slow" on an endless loop.

I was in the top 4 on the sylvorpa nurturing leader board, and I had earned it the absolute hardest way possible.

But, hey, at least I won this:

Edited By SparklingGanymede on 7/23/2015 at 3:48 AM.
Coradrawa
Level 60
Trickster
Threads: 154
Posted: 7/23/2015 at 3:10 AM Post #39
I haz awkward newbie stories XD

Okay, so when I was fairly new to rping (this site being the first time I ever grouped rped) I swear I must of bugged Amberanime to no end XD
Because in my first rp, Amberanime had to keep pointing things out to me because I messed up and tell me if a character was God Moddng 0^0
She also helped me improve my english a bit which was a bonus XD
Oh, if you want to read the terribleness of it here are the links to my first rp XD (I'm going to regret this X3)
X and X

Another one was when I ran into a patriotic qitari. Ah, now being a newbie I thought it was a glitch and killed the rare sylestie...
Genius me...
Genius...

Also when I was extremely new to the site, for some weird reason, I randomly put 'ah' in my sentences...
For example;
'So um...ah, I think we should do this instead and then, ah, kill this lighira'
Not at all weird XD
In fact, I can't even remember why I did that..
In fact I still do it a lot at the start of sentences XD
Also not to mention I misunderstood so many replies people put...and that I was always way to scared to go on chat...and that I just wanted to be a hermit...and be socialy-awkward...

Oh yeah, my annoyance for Jinx started when I was a newbie and I constantly looked around for a button to get rid of her, I also constantly stalked the help page for any clues...but yep, I failed every time XD

Also I admittedly thought a lot of users on here were guys...very awkward when I referred to them as 'he' and I was told they were actually a girl XD

And that is all my brain is able to poop out right now...
Nightbane
Level 75
Knight
Posted: 7/23/2015 at 3:23 AM Post #40
omg i love that story of yours, and no wonder, I saw you on the leaderboards rofl XD
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
This Page loaded in 0.013 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.