Players 2,371 350
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,251,830 1,159
Generated 656,350 34
Captured 1,190,833 51
Bred 6,404,552 1,074
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > General Discussion > [Share] Newbie Years & Other embarra...
Page 1 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Nightbane
Level 75
Knight
Threads: 289
Posted: 7/22/2015 at 4:19 AM Post #1
You know, newbie years are always the hardest, but sometimes, there are some.. 'interesting' things that happen in which you react to it in a certain way....

On this post you can share:

-Funny fails
-Funny stories
-Oopsies Dramas
-Ensuing Confusions
-....or 'not newbie' stories but still funny as heck
Edited By NightbaneWolf on 7/22/2015 at 4:22 AM.
AliceHearts
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Threads: 248
Posted: 7/22/2015 at 4:30 AM Post #2
Lets start with Confusion, becaus i had pleny of them when i started (starting with English is not my first language. and i'm a dyslect so reading english is a bit harder then)

my first confusion was about the party first you have only 1 and die a lot, then you have 2 pets in your party and it still happens. and when you have your 3th pet it goes beter untill you find those nasty enemies that still kick your behind hard.

so i was very happy when this mail was send to me^^

Tank: health, agility, strenght
Fighter: strenght, dexterity, health
Mage: intelligence, dexterity, health

Tank: Earth/Ice
Fighter: Air/Ice
Mage: Fire/Light/Dark

it made things a lot easyer althow it is not exactly how i do my pets these days^^
becaus i don't spend point in Agility or Dexterity, only Healt and Strenght/Intelligence depending on the pet.

and if i had know that in the beging (with mission pets as well) i would have saved my self a few 100k with doing stat, redowing stat a few times, only to replace pets.
Nightbane
Level 75
Knight
Posted: 7/22/2015 at 4:44 AM Post #3
NightbaneWolf's Story Shares of her Newbie years:

1. There was this one time during my newbie years, I just caught two kelparis and I JUST had enough to get a lesser mutator...so I bought it, and used it on my kelparis, and I was freaking out because I thought nothing was working, I even told a friend, who was also a newbie and we were both trying to figure out what was wrong......SO...I ended up messaging Krin about it...while still freaking out in the notes....and Krin ended up replying calmly about it, and told me to have it researched... *derps*...how on earth could Krin put up with me lmao...I swear...Krin receives dozens of messages from me a day, whether in inbox or in the comet chat... @_@....poor Krin, having to put up with dramatic derpy newbie me.... XD

2. So it was my first time using Region Chat during a festival....and admittedly I was really silly back then, because...first off, i did NOT know that i could click on usernames in Region Chat to see people, and as well as I was, well, not familiar about alot of the users...

So basically I saw people going 'Ask Talyn for the maps' and people going 'Talyn, Map" when she popped in (thought 'map' was a way to 'summon' her)... so okay...somehow I figured that Talyn was some sort of map-making NPC...I did not even know she was a real, actual, legit player... (to be honest, awhile back I thought ALOT of people were NPCs....don't ask how...)...so I thought Talyn was only really 'active' during festivals so every festivals i would go "TALYN MAP!"...to get the map, rofl...seriously...i could have sworn Krin made some really high-tech advanced NPC for the website....

3. Everlost...lol...awhile back I saw people in chats talk about the 'Sylestia Times' and yet...I thought EverLost was ANOTHER high-tech fancy newspaper making NPC bot thingy... yeah... >_>" (...i mean seriously, i mistaken alot of players for these NPC bots, even now I was too shy to admit i thought some people here were fancily-named NPC bots awhile back....)

4. Karma...don't...get me started with Karma....I thought she was the NPC bot that would take your vulnyxes that you don't need because when i saw first saw her, i saw people were gifting 'kitties' to her and I was thinking to myself 'Oh thats cool, I never knew they had an NPC that would take certain species that you don't want...could come in handy"

...mmph, i legit thought that omfg.......wahhh, sorry karma, i loves you >_>"

5. and then there is Veshana....okay, good news, I did not think she was an NPC bot...but when i first got to the maps on Astryl Tranquility, I was stuck and lost, and i saw the 'region chat' for the first time and was shouting around for help and Veshana replied...and for some odd reason, the good ol' brilliant me figured any time i go to there, i could shout around for Veshana because she would 'always be there'...yeah...Veshana was the first person I met in region chats awhile back....but honestly, if i had a diamond for every time i shouted for them in region chat, i could probably buy 3 stables ...>_>

6. Awhile back I was fearful and in awe of the 'elite' players...and these players, scared the living heck out of me i couldn't not even talk to them, I was too scared to... like Xavion, BandaidMcHealerson,Zarhail, Kalores,Electrifying, Draco, SheVampire and several others....but now I know they are the friendliest and quirkiest AND lovable people ever XD

*cough* admittedly I only somewhat recently got past my fear of Electrifying and BandaidMcHealerson, and i'm only still mildly frightened of Xavion, but not as much as before, rofl...but honestly, I used to have a hard time trying to message or chat with them....

.......................overall yeah, I was very silly awhile back... >_>"
Edited By NightbaneWolf on 7/22/2015 at 5:21 AM.
Nightbane
Level 75
Knight
Posted: 7/22/2015 at 4:59 AM Post #4
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=27370&page=1#3
Author: Nightbane
Time Posted: 7/22/2015 at 4:44 AM
NightbaneWolf's Story Shares of her Newbie years:

1. There was this one time during my newbie years, I just caught two kelparis and I JUST had enough to get a lesser mutator...so I bought it, and used it on my kelparis, and I was freaking out because I thought nothing was working, I even told a friend, who was also a newbie and we were both trying to figure out what was wrong......SO...I ended up messaging Krin about it...while still freaking out in the notes....and Krin ended up replying calmly about it, and told me to have it researched... *derps*...how on earth could Krin put up with me lmao...I swear...Krin receives dozens of messages from me a day, whether in inbox or in the comet chat... @_@....poor Krin, having to put up with dramatic derpy newbie me.... XD

2. So it was my first time using Region Chat during a festival....and admittedly I was really silly back then, because...first off, i did NOT know that i could click on usernames in Region Chat to see people, and as well as I was, well, not familiar about alot of the users...

So basically I saw people going 'Ask Talyn for the maps' and people going 'Talyn, Map" when she popped in (thought 'map' was a way to 'summon' her)... so okay...somehow I figured that Talyn was some sort of map-making NPC...I did not even know she was a real, actual, legit player... (to be honest, awhile back I thought ALOT of people were NPCs....don't ask how...)...so I thought Talyn was only really 'active' during festivals so every festivals i would go "TALYN MAP!"...to get the map, rofl...seriously...i could have sworn Krin made some really high-tech advanced NPC for the website....

3. Everlost...lol...awhile back I saw people in chats talk about the 'Sylestia Times' and yet...I thought EverLost was ANOTHER high-tech fancy newspaper making NPC bot thingy... yeah... >_>" (...i mean seriously, i mistaken alot of players for these NPC bots, even now I was too shy to admit i thought some people here were fancily-named NPC bots awhile back....)

4. Karma...don't...get me started with Karma....I thought she was the NPC bot that would take your vulnyxes that you don't need because when i saw first saw her, i saw people were gifting 'kitties' to her and I was thinking to myself 'Oh thats cool, I never knew they had an NPC that would take certain species that you don't want...could come in handy"

...mmph, i legit thought that omfg.......wahhh, sorry karma, i loves you >_>"

5. and then there is Veshana....okay, good news, I did not think she was an NPC bot...but when i first got to the maps on Astryl Tranquility, I was stuck and lost, and i saw the 'region chat' for the first time and was shouting around for help and Veshana replied...and for some odd reason, the good ol' brilliant me figured any time i go to there, i could shout around for Veshana because she would 'always be there'...yeah...Veshana was the first person I met in region chats awhile back....but honestly, if i had a diamond for every time i shouted for them in region chat, i could probably buy 3 stables ...>_>

6. Awhile back I was fearful and in awe of the 'elite' players...and these players, scared the living heck out of me i couldn't not even talk to them, I was too scared to... like Xavion, BandaidMcHealerson,Zarhail, Kalores,Electrifying, Draco, SheVampire and several others....but now I know they are the friendliest and quirkiest AND lovable people ever XD

*cough* admittedly I only somewhat recently got past my fear of Electrifying and BandaidMcHealerson, and i'm only still mildly frightened of Xavion, but not as much as before, rofl...but honestly, I used to have a hard time trying to message or chat with them....

.......................overall yeah, I was very silly awhile back... >_>"

and I almost forgot to add on one last thing (sorry about the pings)

...but during my newbie years...I had a huge issue with these particular four players...:

-Fresh
-Fang
-Flute
-Feral

...yeah, especially region chat, I dunno, the first time seeing is alright, but sometimes half way through the chats one of them goes offline and the other one comes in....and...apparently I can keep cluelessly carrying on the conversation without realizing they made a switcheroo on me... >_< (man, I love you guys for carrying on the conversation without letting me know i'm talking to the wrong 'F', you're cool, seriously....but I deeply DEEPLY apologize for never properly greeting you guys in chat, because omg I swear I had no clue the OTHER 'F" came in as well, i Keep reading you guys as the 'same' user for some odd reason....mmph)

...sometimes I tend to call them the wrong usernames at time, I still do now at times, sometimes I'd have a pet set up for one of them, but I'd ping the wrong 'F'.....

..the same thing goes with THESE players too...:

-Zrika (Zenaku now)
-Zzzzz
-Zevria
-Zelly

...same idea, same story as with the 'FFFF' users....just on a tiny bit less 'extreme' since their usernames have a bit of a different length... (the 'FFFF' user's names are a bit too close to length for me to separate them too perfectly at times) >_<

...seriously, i'd probably be very rich if I had a diamond for everytime I've mixed them around....

^sorry you guys, I love you all, just....maybe one day I can figure out some way to stop mixing you guys around XD
(admittedly I am getting rather 'warmed up' with Flute and Zenaku now...but the others...I would have to work on that...)
Edited By NightbaneWolf on 7/22/2015 at 5:23 AM.
Fox
Level 75
Master Sylestiologist
Threads: 398
Posted: 7/22/2015 at 6:50 AM Post #5
Wow so many stories, night. x.x
Xavion
Level 75
The Perfectionist
Threads: 434
Posted: 7/22/2015 at 7:18 AM Post #6
Hah, 'mildly frightened.'

So... in what way was I scary? *grins*
Nightbane
Level 75
Knight
Posted: 7/22/2015 at 7:34 AM Post #7
*cough* i saw you 'rant' in the post about the dyed wheel griffi, rofl

*cough cough*
Nightbane
Level 75
Knight
Posted: 7/22/2015 at 7:34 AM Post #8
yup, your turn?
Xavion
Level 75
The Perfectionist
Threads: 434
Posted: 7/22/2015 at 7:49 AM Post #9
Hah, ah. That.

*shrugs* I just really, really like themed pets. And back then checking the lineage of a pet to make sure it was purebred usually took 20 or so tabs of pet profiles... sometimes as many as 50, close to 80. No dye markers, no lineage tracker... Spending 30 minutes checking pets only to find a strangely colored tag at the end of the line? Quite frustrating.

I love progress.

Generally speaking I'm quite docile. Until agitated, at least, but that's quite a feat to pull off. So... *pokes* No need to be 'mildly frightened.' :)
Nightbane
Level 75
Knight
Posted: 7/22/2015 at 7:50 AM Post #10
lmao *snuggles*
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.