Forum Index > Games, Contests, and Giveaways > Sylesti Design Contest
Page 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Britters
Level 72
The Eggstraordinaire
Threads: 167
Posted: 7/22/2015 at 5:09 PM Post #71
Yes, I read them quite obsessively. I just thought they were really great stories and you actually learned a lot while you read them, which I'm sure is what the author was hoping for because he's a teacher. Artemis was just this awesome almost feminist character, Hephaestus was this big teddy bear, and then I love that he didn't shy away from depicting Hera as mean and vindictive as she's often described in mythology. :)

Also, I forgot those darn secret words (again!), so I edited my post to include them. :P
Deiwildcat
Level 45
Threads: 1
Posted: 7/23/2015 at 12:14 AM Post #72
I decided to depict some of my favorite mythological creatures instead of the more well known Greek/Roman gods and goddesses. Don't get me wrong, I love them just as much, but there are so many bizarre and awesome creatures (especially in Celtic and Japanese mythology) that I wanted to give them some love, and to also stand out a little bit from the other contestants.

Alright, here are my entries for this theme. Secret word: chocolate paws lupora.

Entry #1: Dullahan

Dullahans are headless horsemen who are essentially the grim reapers of Celtic mythology. They ride on black colored steeds, carrying their heads at their sides, riding through the night. Once they stop, they call out the name of their victim, after which they perish.

For my entry I chose a Qitari and I decided to make the horse as sort of the embodiment of the rider, using the colors in the image above as a reference.

Entry #2: Cu Sith

Cu Siths are hounds the size of young bulls with shaggy fur that is green in color. They are found in Scottish folklore and act similarly to the grim reaper like the Dullahan above, guiding the souls to the afterlife.

For my entry I chose a Lupora because of their shaggy mane mostly and went from their I tried to pick as many different shades of green as I could. While they aren't normally depicted with horns, I thought it added a nice touch with the red gemstones, giving it a nice complementary color to go with the green.

Entry #3: Ra

Ra is the Egyptian god of the sun, who is usually depicted with the head of a falcon and body of a man. I won't go into too many details for him as he is probably one of the more well known Mythological beings, but I just personally enjoy the history behind him.

For my entry I chose a Griffi as the pet, not only because they have a predatory bird head, but also for the fact they are made up of other animals (horse and feline) just like how Ra is falcon and man. I decided to stick with browns as the main color scheme like a falcon's. I also used blue and gold since many Egyptian illustrations show with gold and blue headdress and accessories.

I really hope you enjoy all of them. I had a lot of fun making them. I also hope that maybe you all learn a little something about other interesting mythological creatures, if nothing else.

Anyway, I'll stop talking now :P
Rhythm
Level 62
Stocking Stuffer
Threads: 7
Posted: 7/23/2015 at 11:29 AM Post #73
Thanks for your entries! I'm glad that you chose to use creatures from Celtic mythology & Scottish folklore (both of which I'm especially fond of c:). I'm glad you had fun making them, and I'm in love with your designs! :D The Ra Griffi and Cu Sith Lupora are my personal favorites!
Rhythm
Level 62
Stocking Stuffer
Threads: 7
Posted: 7/26/2015 at 8:37 PM Post #74
Bumping this..
Mysticdream
Level 60
Threads: 46
Posted: 7/26/2015 at 9:40 PM Post #75
Very nice :
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
This Page loaded in 0.009 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.