Author Thread Post
Rhythm
Level 62
Stocking Stuffer
Threads: 7
Posted: 6/27/2015 at 1:45 AM Post #1
CLOSED
Well, I've closed this.
Thanks so much for entering in the numerous contests and whatnot, guys, but it's the last month of summer for me, and although I'm going to probably be on Sylestia a lot, I'm not going to be very committed to hosting this. Thanks for all your fabulous entries, though!

However, once everyone has picked up their prizes, I expect to be hosting a giveaway or a raffle for some more pets. So yay for that!! ;)

Welcome to the Sylesti Design Contest!
such an original name

In this contest, I will choose a theme (ex; spring, steampunk, '80s, vampiric, etc). You may design and submit 3 different pairs of Sylesti related to that theme (in the generator) upon the wall. I will eventually choose 4 winners per theme, and each of the winners will be awarded a gorgeous 6vis zolnixi!

THE RULES FOR THIS CONTEST:
#1. Only 3 entries per theme. Be sure to only enter 3 entries or less per each theme in this contest. If not, your post will be ignored.
#2. Ping me when submitting entries. This rule is self explanatory.
#3. Make sure your post includes the secret words to affirm you have read the rules. The secret words are 'chocolate paws lupora', in that specific order.
#4. No hate, flaming, or harmful teasing of any sort. I will not tolerate any of this. Be sure to stick to the Sylestia Terms of Service as well. If this rule is abused, your contest entry will be denied.
#5. If you don't win, that's okay. Move on. You can always join more themes as they come along, and I've got plenty of 6vis nixis out there, don't you worry.

Before you begin, you should be well aware I will be judging you for several different aspects:

#1. Creativity. Think outside of the box! What genes and mutes suggest the theme in a subtle yet compelling way? I will be scrounging for details - and be sure to experiment with different color combinations. Be sure to step outside of your comfort zone with this one. Have fun with it!

#2. Originality. If I give you a vampiric theme, don't just make a black and red lupora with demon wings! That is, unfortunately, overused when it comes to gothic or mafia themes. Add a little flair to make your design unique! You can look over gothic architecture, furniture, their way of lifestyle, and incorporate it into a sweet & simple design.

#3. Flow. It's important to make your design creative and original, but make sure it all flows together evenly. Heavily contrasting colors, like bright blue and red, aren't what I'm looking for. A little contrast is nice - too much is a little unbearable. Be sure to make use of your palette! The way the color scheme matches the theme and flows together with the genes and mutes is extremely important.

#4. Fitting. Stay true to the theme! While you wrestle with Creativity, Originality, and Flow, be sure to stick to the theme with the right accents and colors! But it's okay to add a few subtle differences. Just have fun with it all!

You may use any type of Sylesti for this contest, fabled or nonfabled. I will try to offer helpful critiques and praise for your designs as you go along. The objective is just to have fun with this! ;)

past themes:
Amethyst!
Blooming Flowers!
The Skies and Time!
Winners:
1st place: Britters, with their Sunrise Nephini
2nd place: Cyanidae, with their Midnight Magic Bulbori
3rd place: Eots, with their Winter Sunset Nephini
4th place: Twilightsage, with their Sunset Lighira

THE FOURTH THEME IS:
ANCIENT MYTHOLOGY!
This theme will end 7/30/15, 5:00 PM Sylestia Time!

Credit to Cyanidae for inspiring me to do this theme. :) It's an easy concept, although one of the harder themes. Your duty is to personify characters from ancient mythologies (Greek, Norse, Egyptian, Roman, Chinese, etc) through a Sylesti. Examples would be, if you chose to do Zeus, lightning bolt (genes/mutes) marks. Or, for Eros, model it after the dawn. Good luck.

Winners:
1st place: Britters, with their Hephaestus Ny'Vene
2nd place: Deiwildcat, with their Cu Sith Lupora
3rd place: Mysticfantasy1996, with their Phoenix Nephini

Entries:
Mysticfantasy1996 - Loki Lighira, Poseidon Sylvorpa, Phoenix Nephini
Britters - Hera's Pomegranate Aurleon, Artemis Faelora, Hephaestus Ny'Vene
Deiwildcat - Dullahan Qitari, Cu Sith Lupora, Ra Griffi
Edited By Rhythm on 8/3/2015 at 3:06 PM.
Britters
Level 72
The Eggstraordinaire
Threads: 167
Posted: 6/27/2015 at 12:01 PM Post #2
Gah! I love contests like this! :D

I'm off to start designing for this round. I'll edit this post when I'm done. Can't wait for future rounds either!

Design #1 - Amethyst Griffi

For this one I used the reference picture you had, because I liked all the different colors.

Design #2 - Amethyst Aurleon

For this one I uses a reference picture that I'm having trouble linking to. Click Here to see it.

Design #3 - Amethyst Bulbori

And finally, just to have a little fun, I chose this heart shaped cut Amethyst for my final design inspiration. :)

Edited By Britters on 6/27/2015 at 2:02 PM.
Mima
Level 29
Threads: 1
Posted: 6/27/2015 at 3:03 PM Post #3
Ahaha, whenever I think of Amethyst, I think of geodes, because I used to have a really cool one in my rock collection! My mom got it for me since it's my birthstone.

Geode Lighira

I may add more, but there's my first entry.

Amethyst Beads and Silver Leaf Zolnixi.

Edited By Mima on 6/27/2015 at 11:26 PM.
Rhythm
Level 62
Stocking Stuffer
Posted: 6/27/2015 at 4:31 PM Post #4
Whoa, guys! These designs are turning out so beautifully! Thanks so much for entering. ;)
Mysticdream
Level 60
Threads: 46
Posted: 6/27/2015 at 6:12 PM Post #5
Pink and purple not colors I really like my mom got me a piece of Amythest once it looked similar to your image I stuck with the star ruin genes as when I think of gems and jewelry I think shine shimmer sparkle
Raw Amythest Zolnixi

Silver Jewelry inlaid with Amythests Zolnixi I don't usually use the chow tail as I'm not find of it

Fae crown of Gold and Amythests I don't usually use enchanted Butterflies either
Edited By Mysticfantasy1996 on 6/27/2015 at 6:25 PM.
Mysticdream
Level 60
Posted: 6/27/2015 at 6:27 PM Post #6
Added two more
Rhythm
Level 62
Stocking Stuffer
Posted: 6/27/2015 at 6:40 PM Post #7
Thanks. Your designs are so unique!~ I love them!
Mysticdream
Level 60
Posted: 6/27/2015 at 6:42 PM Post #8
Lol your welcome when I make designs I have the intention to make others love them :)
Loveroanimals
Level 60
Threads: 23
Posted: 6/27/2015 at 6:46 PM Post #9
Oh, I would love to join! Tinfoil powers go! :p

I (tried to do) a raw amethyst morkko:

I think this one should be called...."Wealthy in purple gems" (or...something like that..)

This one I call Spirit of the Amethyst:
Edited By Loveroanimals on 6/29/2015 at 8:27 PM.
Rhythm
Level 62
Stocking Stuffer
Posted: 6/27/2015 at 6:51 PM Post #10
Thanks so much for your entries! I love the raw amethyst morkko so much, it's beautiful! <3
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.