Forum Index > News and Announcements > 4/2/2015 - Site Update
Page 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
ShadowedChaos
Level 62
Trickster
Threads: 88
Posted: 4/3/2015 at 2:31 AM Post #51
Seeing this post left me partially horrified. An infertility philter in a pet breeding game? Would there really be any market for infertile pets? All they would do is sit pretty in your stables taking up room for pets that are actually useful.

People keep putting that the pets in question would be more expensive to make up for the price of the philter, but honestly an infertile pet would be or should be cheaper, because once again, just taking up stable space.

On another note, just to be absolutely clear, I could nullify a carried trait from one of my wild caught boys, and use a greater genetic mutator to put a visible trait in it's place?
Flute
Level 70
Enchanted Explorer
Threads: 340
Posted: 4/3/2015 at 4:20 AM Post #52
For your nullification question, it seems like it, yes.

"Usefulness" of pets can vary for different people, since people may have different aims when they play pet games. There's battling, breeding, and collecting, and infertility affects just breeding.

One thing people may worry about is how breeding can be utilized to make a difficult process easier. One example is that one person bred multi-trait zolnixies over time, put them for sale or breeding, then many other users took advantage of that one stud pet, got multi-trait nixis in less time than that one person, and then 6vis nixis became more prominent and more widely sold and bred in massive numbers than any other species (before other species even got bred to 6vis).
Since getting a pair of breedable multi-trait nixis, or 6vis nixis, was easy enough and then you can breed more from there, the little "economy" of the prices for those nixis declined or crashed, which is why for awhile, most nixis even if multi trait, may not necessarily be valuable when selling publicly.
Other species aren't as widely sold or as widely bred as the nixis (i.e. luffoxes, griffies, kelparis, morkkos), partly because users take care to handle the breeding pool and prices of the high trait pets.

--

The infertility philter does take out the usefulness of the pet being able to be bred, yes.
People who want to share their pet projects by selling offspring, I'd think, were wanting to share the pretty-ness of their project, as in the aesthetic (how often do you see people want another player's project because of how it looks?). So most projects were aiming to look pretty in the stables anyways, and that's what gold will buy.

It's just that its a question of whether players want people to be able to utilize what several cycles of breeding resulted in. Would it be right for me to buy someone's 6vis ryori that took months to breed, breed some lines of the ryori myself, and sell the offspring for my own profit? (Some people may say yes, because it's my pet once I buy it, I get to do whatever I want with it, but now the breeder of the 6vis must look this far ahead and see whether they want this to happen or not.)

Sorry for long blobs of text. :(
Hyouki
Level 61
Trickster
Threads: 14
Posted: 4/3/2015 at 6:39 AM Post #53
Thanks Krinadon Faiona

I actually agree with the Infertility Philter costing diamonds. This is a Breeding pet game after all, I think having you pay diamonds will make the game Economy balance out quite well.
you can exchange Gold for Diamonds or buy them for gold on the Trade broker.
It might have been done this way to discourage the over use of them.

they are added through popular demand. So Breeders who worked Hard on their projects, do not just hand Other Players a easy time of completing their own projects or selling OS for their own Game Profit.

Projects are very Time consuming.

I think most who complain about Real money are forgetting, Although Real Money can be used (which helps keep the Game playable since it is Krin and Fai's full time jobs)

Krin and Fai have done an excellent job of making it so those that cannot or do not want to spend real money can still obtain Both Gold and Diamonds, It just takes more time and patience.

Hyouki

*edited to add comment about Infertility Philter*
Edited By Hyouki on 4/3/2015 at 7:13 AM.
Reno
Level 60
Trickster
Threads: 19
Posted: 4/3/2015 at 6:52 PM Post #54
Okay, I'm sure this has been explained,
but I don't want to leave any room for
misunderstanding.

I used a Greater Mutator on a pet but
accidentally gave it the wrong gene.
If I use a null philter, would I be able
to use another mutator to give it the
right one?
Faiona
Level 75
Nature Walker
Site Administrator
Threads: 472
Posted: 4/3/2015 at 8:27 PM Post #55
No, once you mutate a pet then you cannot mutate it again even if you nullify it.
MakeshiftDemon
Level 60
The Hallowed
Threads: 52
Posted: 4/4/2015 at 8:17 AM Post #56
Thanks krin! I hate to see so many people so dissatisfied with the infertility philter after you put so much work into it ):

I like to think of it this way, I'll have to be careful with who and when I use it. Most people that buy project pets are other breeders and have the respect not to breed other player's project pets. I don't need pets that aren't project pets taking up room in my hatchery anyways. As it is I have 9 pages of eggs to hatch and it takes me a week to get through testing all of them, I don't have time for random breedings.

Before selling someone a pet I would probably check their hatchery, see how many eggs they have, how many of them are breedings from other people's projects and then decide from there if I want to make the pet I'm selling to them infertile.

Otherwise us breeders should probably rely on trust that we aren't going to breed each other's project pets.
Heatherleigh
Level 70
Majestic Green Thumb
Threads: 14
Posted: 4/4/2015 at 3:42 PM Post #57
This Nullification Philter, excites me to no end!! You've no idea how many pets I am going to use this on, THANK YOU!! You've just made my whole day!!!
Chidori
Level 60
Stocking Stuffer
Threads: 109
Posted: 4/6/2015 at 1:06 PM Post #58
*Excited Screaming* Yaaay!
Wuntasmalae
Level 75
Trickster
Threads: 7
Posted: 4/6/2015 at 9:09 PM Post #59
Yes! Philter of Nullification! I really wanted something like this, thank you! <3
Nightbane
Level 75
Knight
Threads: 289
Posted: 4/7/2015 at 7:09 AM Post #60
**nullifies you**
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.