Players 2,407 367
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,242,961 1,762
Generated 656,182 12
Captured 1,190,474 65
Bred 6,396,210 1,685
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Q&A (Newbie Friendly) > [GUIDE] Capturing Sylestis and Common Mi...
Page 1 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Flute
Level 70
Enchanted Explorer
Threads: 340
Posted: 3/14/2015 at 8:36 PM Post #1
A common FAQ by newbies that's usually brought up is regarding pet captures.
Often, when someone attempts to capture a pet, the battle ends.

Because the battle ends, a trap was used, 0 experience is gained, and no rewards are earned in the battle, users may automatically think the capture was successful and they now own the pet. However, when they look in their stables or hatchery, they may not find it.

Capturing pets, as straightforward as it seems, has three results: two failures, and one success.
Take note that regardless of the outcome, one trap is consumed per attempt.

1. Failed trap, but the pet is still in battle.
It is still possible to attempt to catch the pet by using another trap.

click the picture to see the full image!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Failed trap, the pet flees the battle.
In the battle log, where it says the trap has failed, the pet's name is in red text, and clearly says it fled the battle. This means the pet was not captured, but instead has run away, making it impossible to try again in that instant.
If this is the only pet in the encounter, it automatically ends the battle, which is why 0 experience is gained (only KO'd pets give experience).

3. Successful trap, the pet is stored in the stables.
In the battle log, where it says the trap succeeded, the pet's name should be in blue text, and is CLICKABLE to the captured pet's profile page.

It should say you're the original owner, which means you were the user that caught the pet.

TL;DR When you're catching a pet, make sure you read the battle log (under the battle screen). It will say whether you caught the pet or not.
If you did (successful catch), it should have a link to the pet you caught.
If you didn't (failed trap), it may either say the trap didn't work or the pet fled.

There's similarities between a pet being caught and a pet fleeing (0 exp, 0 rewards, 1 used up trap, and the battle ending), but the one difference is in the battle log, so double check it!
Edited By Flute on 3/14/2015 at 8:37 PM.
Hundenelsker
Level 75
Fright Master
Threads: 23
Posted: 3/15/2015 at 11:29 PM Post #2
Sadly, I no longer have the image I took of it but I have run into the situation of the battle log says the pet has fled but its image is still there. I have also had it where the pet has been captured and the battle log shows it but it also shows the pet being killed. I will add images if I run into this scenario again.
Flute
Level 70
Enchanted Explorer
Posted: 3/16/2015 at 12:45 AM Post #3
I remember reading that you had this "bug/glitch", but that's also something that should be in the bugs forum lol.

Though, for all players, until evidence shows up that contradicts the 3 scenarios in the first post, I always advocate super-triple-checking the battle log.

This thread was just meant to try and clear up the misunderstanding of why people think they caught a pet but didn't check the battle log to make sure that really happened.

If a situation is really a bug that doesn't fit the 3 trapping results above (and this is aimed to all players), I would suggest keeping the window with the victory page open, taking a screenshot of it and saving it, and on a separate window/tab checking to see if the pet is in the stables or not. If its really not there and evidence says otherwise, upload the screenshot and post it in the Bug Reporting forum.
Wolfappledore999
Level 23
Threads: 0
Posted: 5/31/2015 at 5:17 PM Post #4
I was reading this and I got a question, among many.

1. How do I get Traps?

2. I went through one whole area and came across no enemies nor creatures. Couldn't even get into the mushroom house. Is that a Glitch or did I do something wrong, or am I just a very bad player?
Flute
Level 70
Enchanted Explorer
Posted: 6/15/2015 at 5:20 AM Post #5
Sorry, I didn't see this message til now. ;w;

1. You can buy traps from the Market in towns like Esior's Haven. In zone areas (the ones with roamable maps), there may be an NPC that sells traps.

2. Running through an entire area without finding anything shouldn't be a glitch. Just keep walking through and somehow, you'll find something. If it's a zone area, just exit and re-enter if you think you need to refresh your map. o:
JustTopaz
Level 60
Gingerbread Architect
Threads: 128
Posted: 6/15/2015 at 5:45 AM Post #6
I have a question that I have been wondering about for quite some time.
Does weakening a Sylesti make it easier to catch like in Pokemon or is just random?
Wonderfulwander
Level 75
The Dreamer
Threads: 110
Posted: 6/15/2015 at 7:12 AM Post #7
Lowering a sylesti's health is supposed to increase the success rate of catching it. But there's also the chance that you might accidentally kill it while trying to lower it's health, so some players rather not take the risk and try catching it without lowering it's health.

So weakening a sylesti should make it easier to catch, but it's still a random chance.
JustTopaz
Level 60
Gingerbread Architect
Threads: 128
Posted: 6/16/2015 at 6:18 AM Post #8
Thanks so much! This has been bugging me for ages!
Wonderfulwander
Level 75
The Dreamer
Threads: 110
Posted: 6/16/2015 at 7:54 AM Post #9
you're welcome =)
Horsesrule181
Level 59
Threads: 0
Posted: 7/26/2015 at 6:50 PM Post #10
Hi, I have a quest that Jinxie gave me that says capture a pet and I did, but it's still not showing up completed and I have no money for extra traps.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.