Players 2,428 405
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,232,914 1,434
Generated 655,906 93
Captured 1,189,720 106
Bred 6,387,196 1,235
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Q&A (Newbie Friendly) > [GUIDE] Capturing Sylestis and Common Mi...
Page 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Lily7
Level 61
Threads: 4
Posted: 5/26/2020 at 6:52 PM Post #51
How do you get more traps and how do you use them? Because when I tried, it wasnt working but it still used up one trap. And can you get more?
Christinewho
Level 75
Stocking Stuffer
Threads: 42
Posted: 5/29/2020 at 11:02 AM Post #52
Yes, you can get more and there is also different kind of trap. :D And some are more likely to broke...The start can help.

white/gray star(s)=common (the green/lesser trap should work)
green star(s)=uncommon (same for this one, even if it can break)
blue star(s)= rare (a blue/standard trap, would work, but it can break)
purple star(s)=Epic (use a purple/strong trap)
Legendary (stars)=Legendary (this is a really hard one to get, and you need the orange one which is really hard to get)

I know there's another one so I ask if there's a guide to capturing pets. To link the thread I couldn't find one.
And I forgot to tell you where to find them, but during you're adventure you will come across some NPC(Non-Playable Character) that can heal your party there should be a browse wares button click on it and there you go.

Also, pets can run away from the battle. :D Next time, tell us, if the tap broke, or if the pet ran away. :D
Edited By Christinewhogaming on 5/29/2020 at 11:07 AM.
Scathreoite
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 83
Posted: 5/30/2020 at 9:26 AM Post #53
guide page: pet rarity, guide page: pet traps

Also this is the guide to catching pets? That's this guide right here? Although it doesn't cover pet traps or rarities really so

pet traps.
Pet traps can be bought from town marketplaces
Esior sells Lesser (green, only works on common (white star) and uncommon (green star) pets,
Sanctuary of Saerielle sells Lesser and Standard (blue, works on common, uncommon, and rare (blue star),
Ethernia sells Lesser, Standard, and Strong (purple, works on common, uncommon, rare, and epic (purple star))
There are NPCs in Fest zones who sell Lesser, Standard, and Strong traps
(they cannot be obtained from the Trade broker, these types of trap are Non Tradeable)

There are no legendary/yellow traps in the game*, only Master (red) traps, which have a 100% catch rate, work on all rarities of pets (but are generally only used on legendary and mythical pets, or themed or high-rarity nephini) and can be bought from the Diamond shop. They can also be obtained from the Trade Broker if other players are selling them (as the only kind of net that can be traded), and one can be obtained from the Fest Task Board by capturing 50 themed pets

To use traps in the first two regions (Viridian meadows, umbra forest), you click the bag/hit 'i', select the net, and then select the target, in region 3 and fest zones, you hit manage/'q', click the net icon/ '5', select the net and the target.

With all types of net save Masters, there are three outcomes- 1) success, link to pet page will be in the battle log, 2) failure, net does not work, pet remains in the fight, 3) failure, pet flees the fight
(okay, 4- failure, pet escapes, doesn't flee, but dies from debuffs that you inflicted previously/ just regular attacks if you didn't have your pets skipping on attacks)

Stronger nets are more effective on lower rarity pets (but also there's usually less worth in using stronger traps on lower rarity enemies)

(Lost Grove uses a different net system and different nets, save the Master, which can be used in both regular areas and LG)

(* maybe someday in the future when the site leaves beta, but for the foreseeable future, yellow traps do not exist)
Edited By Scathreoite on 5/30/2020 at 9:28 AM.
Christinewho
Level 75
Stocking Stuffer
Posted: 5/30/2020 at 9:34 AM Post #54
oops my bad and I hadn't realised this was the guide... *facepalm* I'm laughing at myself, but thanks anyways
Christinewho
Level 75
Stocking Stuffer
Posted: 5/30/2020 at 9:34 AM Post #55
Sorry, for the double post but forgotten ping.
Dragonandwolflover
Level 31
Threads: 1
Posted: 6/3/2020 at 4:51 AM Post #56
Thank you for explaining how to use a trap. It helps a lot. The only place that has traps that I can get to,
right now is in the Esior Marketplace. Except they sell for 1000 gold each. :(
Bushvipergirl
Level 30
Scout
Threads: 0
Posted: 10/11/2020 at 7:36 AM Post #57
I'm a newbie and I have a question. I'm guessing the answer is probably no, but is it possible to capture a nightfall bandit? I'm asking because I don't want to waste any traps. Also, I'd like to feed my pets, but when I try to, I click the button, but It still won't let me. My pets are hungry and I need to do something!
24carrotgold
Level 73
Trickster
Threads: 75
Posted: 10/11/2020 at 11:04 AM Post #58
It isnt possible to catch a bandit (it isnt possible to catch vorkids and myconids).
You might not be able to feed your pets might be because you dont have enough gold. If you want to know how to make more, see the guide to making gold :)
Gravenflame
Level 75
Warden of Umbra
Threads: 15
Posted: 12/9/2020 at 7:36 PM Post #59
Hi, so I am fairly new, and just wanted to add some tricks I have found to be helpful to capturing pets.
1. Weaken it- by weakening the pet, you increase the chance of an successful capture. If you are worried about KO-ing it, try using the weakest member of your Will continue later
Edited By Gravenflame on 12/9/2020 at 7:37 PM.
Niveah
Level 10
Threads: 0
Posted: 3/21/2021 at 10:07 PM Post #60
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=23477&page=1#10
Author: Horsesrule181
Time Posted: 7/26/2015 at 6:50 PM
Hi, I have a quest that Jinxie gave me that says capture a pet and I did, but it's still not showing up completed and I have no money for extra traps.
I have a question: How do I get there?? I got there during the tutorial and cant remember how to get back there now!
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.