Page 1 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Kaufee
Level 70
The Perfectionist
Threads: 110
Posted: 11/6/2014 at 5:03 PM Post #1
SUMMARY.

Hello, all! My name is Kaufee and this is a small and simple guide I wanted to make to help people out who are not familiar with battle systems such as the one found on Sylestia and want to learn the basics. This thread will help to explain a few things about the battle system and give you the tools to understand how it works. This thread is very basic and should be easy for anyone to understand.

This thread is designed to give advice for the normal battle system, i.e. the adventure system used for the campaign of the game. This guide can be used as a guideline for arena and dungeons, but there are probably more specialized guides out there for these types of battles.

These builds are simple and straightforward and typically what I use, that's all. I'm not trying to claim these are the best builds, but they will make your party strong enough to beat campaign and festival bosses.

QUICK LINKS.

- How do I build my party?
- How do I build a tank pet?
- How do I build a damage pet?
- Quick Battle Tips

NEED MORE HELP?

I am always, always, ALWAYS happy to help anyone who needs some aid with building their parties. Please feel free to message me with any questions or comments on this guide, or on battling altogether. I have completed both the dungeons and a good portion of the arena battles as well, and I am more than happy to help with those as well, although they will not be covered in this guide.
Edited By Kaufee on 11/6/2014 at 7:19 PM.
Kaufee
Level 70
The Perfectionist
Posted: 11/6/2014 at 5:03 PM Post #2
HOW DO I BUILD MY PARTY?

The simplest and most efficient build, as far as I can tell, for beginners on this website is a build with one tank pet and two damage pets. The tank pet will be held in party slot 1, so that it can take most of the incoming damage from enemies, and the damage pets will be held in slots 2 and 3, where they will be protected by the tank pet.

A tank pet is a pet based on defensive stats and abilities, they are meant to take all the damage from the enemies in order to protect the damage pets.

A damage pet is a pet based on offensive stats and abilities, they are meant to do very high amounts of damage, but do not have very high defense, meaning they need to be protected by a tank pet.

Some other builds are possible, including builds with only damage pets, intended to kill enemies before they can attack, or builds with multiple tanks, meant to outlast any incoming damage, however, I have found that the one tank, two damage build is the simplest to build and is extremely effective.
Edited By Kaufee on 11/6/2014 at 5:17 PM.
Kaufee
Level 70
The Perfectionist
Posted: 11/6/2014 at 5:03 PM Post #3
HOW DO I BUILD A TANK PET?

As stated before, a tank pet is a pet based on defensive stats and abilities, intended to protect the damage pets in the party.

Tank pets are based on health, agility, and their primary offensive stat, in that order.

Health will allow the tank pet to withstand more attacks, agility will allow them to better dodge incoming attacks from enemies, and their primary offensive stat will make them hit harder.

WHICH PROFICIENCY DO I CHOSE?

You can access your pet's proficiencies from their profile page.

Tank pets work best with proficiencies that are enhanced by health and agility, you can locate these profs by checking to see if they utilize dexterity or agility. Agility is a tank stat, and dexterity is a damage stat. These tanking profs are Earth, Light, and Dark. I personally use Earth for my tank and believe it is the best tanking prof for this set up.

Chose one of these profs to begin with, whichever one fits your fancy. Remember, Earth is a physical prof and Light and Dark are both magical profs. These stats determine the rest of the pet's build.

Once you have chosen which prof you want, place all of the prof points you can into health, and the remainder into agility. This is because health should be the primary emphasis for tank pets on Sylestia while agility is their secondary stat.

HOW DO I SPEND MY LEVEL UPS?

Tank pets are based on health, agility, and their primary offense stat, in that order.

Because we put all of the prof points into health, we don't need much more health in our level up points, unless we want to. Here, we can opt for agility points and strength points, depending on how much of each we want our pets to have.

Personally, I like to put half of these points into health, one fourth into agility, and one fourth into their primary offensive stat, either strength or intelligence.

WHICH PRIMARY OFFENSIVE STAT DO I USE?

You can tell which primary offensive stat, intelligence or strength, to use based on which proficiency you picked for your pet.

If you chose Earth, you will use strength as your primary offensive stat, because Earth is a physical prof.

If you chose Light or Dark, you will use intelligence as your primary offensive stat, because Light and Dark are both magical profs.

HOW DO I GEAR MY TANK?

Gear is very important for your pets and will increase their stats dramatically. Even having the worst gear on the website is dramatically better than having no gear.

Because the amount of health gained from gear is determined by the level or quality of the gear, we do not have to worry about the health stat on gear. Essentially, the higher the quality and level of the gear, the more health it gives.

For physical tanks, like an Earth tank, we are building for agility primarily, and then strength. The gear which gives the biggest increase to both of these stats is called Assassin gear. This type of gear gives boosts to both agility and strength, but not intelligence and dexterity, making it perfect for physical tanks.

For magical tanks, like Light and Dark tanks, we are building for agility primarily, and then intelligence. The gear which gives the biggest increase to both or these stats is called Illusionist gear. This type of gear gives the boosts to both agility and intelligence, but not to strength and dexterity, making it perfect for magical tanks.

Also, remember to pay attention to your relic. Relics are special in that on top of these stat increases they also boost one type of damage, either physical or magical. This boost is VERY important, so make sure you have the right type for your tank!
Edited By Kaufee on 6/9/2015 at 10:35 AM.
Kaufee
Level 70
The Perfectionist
Posted: 11/6/2014 at 5:03 PM Post #4
HOW DO I BUILD A DAMAGE PET?

A damage pet is a pet based on offensive stats and abilities, they are meant to do very high amounts of damage, but do not have very high defense, meaning they need to be protected by a tank pet.

Damage pets are based on their primary offensive stat and dexterity, in that order.

Their primary offensive stat will increase their base damage and dexterity will increase their critical strike chance so that they can hit as hard as possible as often as possible.

WHICH PROFICIENCY DO I CHOSE?

You can access your pet's proficiencies from their profile page.

Damage pets work best with proficiencies that are enhanced by their primary stat and dexterity, you can locate these profs by checking to see if they utilize dexterity or agility. Agility is a tank stat, and dexterity is a damage stat. These damage profs are Air, Fire, and Water. I personally use Air for physical damage pets and Fire for magical damage pets, and believe the two are the best choices for this set up.

Chose one of these profs to begin with, whichever one fits your fancy. Remember, Air and Water are both physical profs and Fire is a magical prof. These stats determine the rest of the pet's build.

Once you have chosen which prof you want, place all of the prof points you can into their primary offensive stat, and the remainder into dexterity. This is because their base damage is the most important, only followed by dexterity, which increases their critical strike chance.

HOW DO I SPEND MY LEVEL UPS?

Damage pets are based on their primary offensive stat and dexterity, in that order.

Because we put all of the prof points into our primary offensive stat, we don't need much more of it in our level up points, unless we want to. Here, we can opt for dexterity, depending on how much of each we want our pets to have.

Personally, I like to put half of these points into their primary offensive stat and the other half into dexterity.

WHICH PRIMARY OFFENSIVE STAT DO I USE?

You can tell which primary offensive stat, intelligence or strength, to use based on which proficiency you picked for your pet.

If you chose Air or Water, you will use strength as your primary offensive stat, because Air and water are both physical profs.

If you chose Fire, you will use intelligence as your primary offensive stat, because FIre is a magical prof.

HOW DO I GEAR MY DAMAGE PET?

Gear is very important for your pets and will increase their stats dramatically. Even having the worst gear on the website is dramatically better than having no gear.

For physical damage pets, like Air and Water damage pets, we are building for strength primarily, and then dexterity. The gear which gives the biggest increase to both of these stats is called Myrmidon gear. This type of gear gives boosts to both strength and dexterity, but not intelligence and agility, making it perfect for physical damage pets.

For magical damage pets, like Fire damage pets, we are building for intelligence primarily, and then dexterity. The gear which gives the biggest increase to both or these stats is called Evoker gear. This type of gear gives the boosts to both intelligence and dexterity, but not to strength and agility, making it perfect for magical damage pets.

Also, remember to pay attention to your relic. Relics are special in that on top of these stat increases they also boost one type of damage, either physical or magical. This boost is VERY important, so make sure you have the right type for your damage pet!
Edited By Kaufee on 11/6/2014 at 6:54 PM.
Kaufee
Level 70
The Perfectionist
Posted: 11/6/2014 at 5:03 PM Post #5
QUICK BATTLE TIPS.

- One of the most important things in building a party is to make sure you have all three slots of your party filled. You only begin the game with one party slot, and you need to complete the campaign up to the second zone, Umbra Forest, in order to unlock both of the other pet slots. If you cannot beat a boss, this is probably a necessity for you.

- Most of the enemies you encounter on the new battle system, which shows your avatar walking around a zone you can explore, will be the same or a similar level to the highest level pet in your party. Make sure that no one of your pets is too far ahead of the others, or the enemies you are fighting will be much stronger than your pets.

- Another important part of many boss fights are buffs and debuffs that show up on enemies or are applied to your pets by them. These buffs will show up below the health and mana bars on the battle screen. You need to mouse over these buffs and debuffs in order to learn what they do. Paying attention to these each round will help you to avoid powerful attacks and capitalize on your enemies weaknesses.

- Potions, Elixirs, and Revival Draughts. Potions should be used outside of battles to keep your pets health high in the event that they are damaged greatly in battle. Elixirs should be used inside battle if your pet is close to dying. Revival Draughts should also be used inside battle if your pet dies. You can only use an elixir or revival draught every two turns, so keep that in mind. All of these items can be won from completing missions, or bought in shops, so make sure to keep all of these well stocked.
Edited By Kaufee on 5/2/2015 at 8:18 PM.
Kaufee
Level 70
The Perfectionist
Posted: 1/9/2015 at 12:30 PM Post #6
Reserved.
Kaufee
Level 70
The Perfectionist
Posted: 1/9/2015 at 12:30 PM Post #7
Reserved.
Kaufee
Level 70
The Perfectionist
Posted: 1/9/2015 at 12:31 PM Post #8
Reserved.
Mousebird
Level 18
Threads: 3
Posted: 4/23/2015 at 1:16 AM Post #9
ok, i need help. i can only use pets lvl17 and under
Kaufee
Level 70
The Perfectionist
Posted: 4/23/2015 at 12:58 PM Post #10
Hello Mousebird, and welcome to Sylestia!

That is okay! Your account is currently level 18, which means that you only have level 18 and lower pets. You can build your party with pets of any level, but make sure that they are close together. The enemies that you encounter will not be any higher level than your highest pet, so if you have one level 50 pet and two level 10 pets, you will be encountering level 50 enemies! The best way to get around this is to create a battle party of pets with similar levels.

Let me know if that doesn't make any sense! c:
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.