Players 2,402 361
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,244,056 1,095
Generated 656,241 59
Captured 1,190,530 56
Bred 6,397,190 980
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Player Guides > Xavi's 6-vis Breeding Guide!
Page 7 1, 2, 3... 6, 7, 8... 11, 12, 13 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Snicks
Level 60
Threads: 6
Posted: 3/13/2017 at 12:51 PM Post #61
Hi Xavi! I first just wanted to say that I LOVE this guide and it has made me excited about breeding in a way I've never been before!

I do have a quick question. If you are breeding two pets which each carry different traits, how would those results play out? Using your luffox mock ups as an example, if the father carried wavy, and the mother carried petal, what are the probabilities for the offspring?

I made a Punett Square and got this as a result, but I don't know how accurate it is and wanted your opinion:

25% chance of nothing, 25% chance of carried petal, 25% of carried wavy, and 25% chance of Visible petal with Recessive Wavy.

I'd really appreciate your feedback, so i can know if I've got the hang of this!
Xavion
Level 75
The Perfectionist
Threads: 434
Posted: 3/13/2017 at 1:56 PM Post #62
You have it exactly right! :D
Snicks
Level 60
Threads: 6
Posted: 3/13/2017 at 2:28 PM Post #63
Awesome, thanks so much! I was concerned for a minute whether one trait plus be more likely to carry than the other because of dominance, but when I looked at the square again I really wasn't sure, so I just wanted doublecheck. I really love talking about stuff like this and your guide is really fun just to sit down and read through!
Tempestbird
Level 70
Threads: 22
Posted: 10/8/2017 at 6:32 PM Post #64
Ping my self
Asphodels
Level 70
The Perfectionist
Threads: 63
Posted: 10/9/2017 at 1:20 AM Post #65
About how many unrelated 6vs would you recommend starting with when max statting, and what genders?
Xavion
Level 75
The Perfectionist
Posted: 10/9/2017 at 9:25 AM Post #66
That depends on how many traits you intend to have for the project, and how patient and efficient you want to be... Prepare for a wall of text!

With only one set of traits, you can actually use only two breeding pairs to start. It's a little tricky with the breeding relations, though... Luckily, I have an example. :)

For my Deathstroke Lupes, I started with Death + Stroke, and Slade + Wilson for my pairs. From these, I bred one offspring each. "DS Stat 1" - these are only able to breed with the offspring of the opposing pair, or the opposing pair itself.

https://www.sylestia.com/view/lineage/?pet_id=2003349 (female)
https://www.sylestia.com/view/lineage/?pet_id=2003350 (male)

From the male, I was able to breed the next generation with the female from the other pair. This gave me DS Stat1A

https://www.sylestia.com/view/lineage/?pet_id=2073369
https://www.sylestia.com/view/lineage/?pet_id=2089218

And I was able to breed him to the other DS Stat1, which gave me the DS Stat 2.

https://www.sylestia.com/view/lineage/?pet_id=2103760

Once I got to this point, I entered the risk zone. After philtering a few generations there was a stats gap in the breeders. Some were around the 400-500 range, others were around the 700-800 range.

Well... 455 bred to a 774 gave me a 545. Philtered or not, it wouldn't even reach the stronger parent's stats. So this offspring was useless; I named it "RELEASE ME" so I wouldn't forget (since Krin no longer lets us release eggs. -_-)

Ideally, I wanted a result within 50 health of the stronger parent's health. So 724 and above.

Basically this process is repeated over and over again while breeding for... mm, about 3-4 philtered offspring per generation.

When it's time to clear some of the pets from the project, step 1 is to make sure you have a minimum of TWO non-related male breeders. (NO parents are shared, and one pet is not the father of the other.) No other males will be needed so you can boot the rest if you want; obviously, you'll want to keep your strongest for the minimum 2, maybe up to 4. Step 2 is to consider the stats on your females and pick a health level for your cutoff. (If you're around 1,000 health, for example, a good "cutting" point is 700 if you have at least 4 females to work with, 500 if you want to be lenient and don't mind taking a lot more risks.) It doesn't really matter if you have 4 females or 40. There's no need to philter 40, of course - just pick out the offspring with the best health from each male and philter those for the next generation. (I recommend 4 philters per generation, but you can get away with only 2. Just make sure that each of your top male breeders has at least one philtered offspring, otherwise the whole generation will be related to the one male that was used. And that's a lot of "can't breed" from the top rank that will hold your project back.)

If you have multiple traits, things get... messier. So much messier. It actually changes the entire dynamic of which pets to breed and which to keep. I keep strenuous notes on which trait is at what stat. For example...

Lune Stats:
G1 A: 1380
G1 B: 1415
G1 C: 1565
G1 D: 1702
G1 E: 1681
(etc, etc, etc)

Whatever Lune it is that has the stat is the one I keep. It doesn't matter how high or low it is, until that trait has been raised higher through breeding and/or philtering, I'm keeping it. Usually, thanks to these pets having tons of recessives everywhere, if the gap between parents is large enough I won't even risk a philter.

Ex: 1681 bred with 1380; I won't philter a pet unless it's at 1631+. Instead I'll just hope that it gets something around, I dunno, 1500+ and happens to get the G1 A that I was wanting. 1681 will still be bred to others anyway so I'm not concerned with its traits for this breeding. I would rather philter an offspring bred with 1702 or something.
Asphodels
Level 70
The Perfectionist
Threads: 63
Posted: 10/9/2017 at 11:21 PM Post #67
Thank you for the help! It's great to have something helpful like this while I'm going for my projects. I may ask you for questions again, once I actually get more starting breeders.
Tabbri
Level 75
Trickster
Threads: 16
Posted: 2/27/2018 at 3:18 PM Post #68
Hello! I saw this guide, and immediately clicked because it was by you and I have seen your awesome max stat Sylestis (And ordered one ^^) and I was curious:

If one has a 4th (regular) essence, how should they trait it?

This question is gonna make me sound like a newb but: How does one acquire genetic test kits?
Xavion
Level 75
The Perfectionist
Posted: 2/27/2018 at 3:31 PM Post #69
To answer the first question:

If you have a fourth regular essence and you've already cleared the traits you need, just pick your two favorites! (The ones you really really really want to see showing ASAP.) It'll strengthen their presence in the gene pool and increase the likeliness of visibility over the others. If you already have 2 males and one female, then I recommend a second female. (Or if you went with 2 females and 1 male, make the 4th a male.)
If there isn't any trait preference or just can't decide between multiple, I would gauge it based on which will give that pet the best mate.

IE:
Male1: G1, G2
Male 2: M1 M2
Female 1: G3 M3

Favorite traits: G3, M1. Male1 would be a perfect mate, so make a female with G3 and M1.

Or if you have an idea of a few extra traits you may want (like if you want Unicorn and Luxurious Locks on a Qitari) then use your 4th to get in some additional traits. :)

For the second question:

The Greater Genetic Testing Kit is available in the Diamond Shop for the... not-so-low price of 1,500 diamonds. I recommend waiting for a sale when it goes down to 1,000 diamonds. Still may be a little tough for players to acquire, but using the diamond exchange and selling say, 200,000 gold for 100 diamonds (2,000 per), it can be acquired in about 2,000,000 gold worth. Occasionally you can get a better exchange rate by putting up higher amounts, like 800,000 gold for 500 diamonds (1600 per) which will save you in the long-run.

Last comment:

Glad you like my pretty pet projects! It took a pretty long struggle to get to this point in the game but don't let the big hurdles (like the genetic testing kit) discourage you! Festivals in particular can be a great way to get ahead; I got my start by deciding to sell my festival supplies and items rather than using them myself. May have missed out on some things, but it gave me the foundation I needed to succeed :)
Tabbri
Level 75
Trickster
Threads: 16
Posted: 2/27/2018 at 10:21 PM Post #70
Thank You for the quick reply!
I have one last question:
How does one go about attempting to get Restricted Traits on their breeding project? I currently have some Lunes I am working on, and two of them have 1 Restricted Trait, and the other has 3, so I am unsure on how to get those traits onto my Lunes, especially since the traits are generally lower in the alphabet.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 6, 7, 8... 11, 12, 13
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.