Players 2,411 375
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,241,199 1,270
Generated 656,170 19
Captured 1,190,409 63
Bred 6,394,525 1,188
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Player Guides > Xavi's 6-vis Breeding Guide!
Page 6 1, 2, 3... 5, 6, 7... 11, 12, 13 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Wonderfulwander
Level 75
The Dreamer
Threads: 110
Posted: 12/15/2016 at 2:14 AM Post #51
No, you do not need essences to do a project. You just need to make sure that there is at least a carry of each trait you want in your breeding pairs. Then you breed until you have all the traits you want, then dye your final pair.
Silverkitsu
Level 75
Crystalline Cleaver
Threads: 143
Posted: 12/15/2016 at 3:36 AM Post #52
Thank you! This was really helpful
Xavion
Level 75
The Perfectionist
Threads: 434
Posted: 12/15/2016 at 12:41 PM Post #53
You don't particularly need any essences at all; it's just the best method for someone wanting to start from scratch.

It's technically easier and faster to find a pet on sale with the traits you need for the project and throw some pet dyes on it. Or if those traits aren't readily available on a pet that's up for sale, find the traits you need and breed them together until you get the trait combination you're looking for. Once you have two breedable pets with the right traits, dye those to the colors and tadah, dyed project. :)
Kameo
Level 61
The Sweet Tooth
Threads: 9
Posted: 12/29/2016 at 1:42 PM Post #54
Okay my question has to do with re-generable pets. Since the Puff revamp is coming up, how would I make a project pair? Note: I'm starting with 6 to 5 vis Puffs.

PS:
Ping me if you respond
Xavion
Level 75
The Perfectionist
Posted: 12/29/2016 at 3:34 PM Post #55
PREPARE FOR A WALL OF TEXT!!! XD

It will first and foremost depend on IF the Puffadore species will be up for regeneration after their revamp, which is a pretty complicated situation.

Some of the species will have multiple traits that are moved into different slots, and some have had a mutation (the entire mutation set into one slot) split into different pieces which would then require two or more separate mutation slots. If the right conditions are met, these changes can lead to the pet being available for regen.

Using a past example:

Before the Ny'vene were revamped, a lot of their genes were in different places.

G1 has always been for main body genes, like Tiger Stripes, Red Panda, and Dilopho Markings

G2 served as the slot for genes affecting the wings, like Dusk Wings and Cecropia Markings, but those were simply moved to G3.

The G3 traits were a mix of Accent Genes such as Ancient Runes and Magma Runes,

but mixed in with those were a bunch of Main Body Genes like Gaboon Viper and Milk Snake.

The division of Accent Genes and Body Genes meant that certain traits needed to be moved from one slot to another, but with certain pets it would have had to overtake another trait that was there previously. For example:

Pre-revamp Ny'vene:
G1: Visible Tiger
G2: none
G3: Visible Gaboon Viper
M1: none
M2: none
M3: none

With the revamp, Gaboon Viper would be moved into the same slot as Tiger. Since that would overtake the trait that's already there, that pet would then be set up for regeneration with 4 trait points to spend. These points would be allowed to be spent for any trait that existed prior to the Ny'venes revamp. (So newly added traits like Torn Wings, Eyespots, and so on would not be able to be regenned into the game.)

However, if the Ny'vene's traits were set up like this:
G1: none
G2: Visible Dusk Wings
G3: Visible Gaboon Viper

The Gaboon Viper would have simply moved to G1 without any issues, and the Dusk Wings would be moved to G3.
G1: Visible Gaboon Viper
G2: none
G3: Visible Dusk Wings

That Ny'vene would not be up for regen since the traits were able to be moved easily.

In other situations, such as the Kelpari, some of them were available for a full regen while others were only able to change TWO of their colors because their main color designations were changed. (The one I remember is that the Eye Color took on the role of coloring the Kelpari's watery mane.)

For the Puffadore specifically, there are a few traits that will likely have to have tweaks with the artwork, or the trait will potentially have to be moved to another slot.

M1 is the current hotspot for Wings so Bone Armor will likely be moved to the same slot as the other Body Accent mutations (M3.)

M2 seems to primarily focus on the Head Pieces, and other than the occasional added leg bangle they remain pretty consistent; I don't think any of those will have the potential to cause a problem.

For the M3 however, there is a mix of mutations that focus on both the head and/or the body. The traits that focus on the head, such as the female's Bell Collar and the Flower Petals

will likely be moved to M2 with the other head piece, while the Body Mutations will remain grouped together and remain where they are.

Whether these issues will be fixed through the artwork changes or the potential for traits being moved with the chance for regen can't really be determined with 100% accuracy, but those are the traits I suspect will have the potential for it. When it comes to genes there's really no way to guess at all; some genes go through major transitions, while others look almost exactly as they are. Some will need to be moved because of the changes, or maybe none of them will have to move at all *shrugs*

With that lengthy explanation set, IF your Puffs do have full regeneration potential then all you would have to do is regenerate them to specs and tadah! Either set up pairs how you want them or you can even set up multiple pets with the same colors but different traits and breed for varying results.
*Links go to my own collection of regenerated Ny'vene from their revamp as an example. :)

If all you have to work with is changing a few colors, then you'll probably have to invest in some dyes as well to get the project(s) set up right.

And of course there's a chance that their revamp may come without any sort of regeneration, which did happened to a handful of the starter species.
Edited By Xavion on 12/29/2016 at 3:37 PM.
Kameo
Level 61
The Sweet Tooth
Threads: 9
Posted: 12/29/2016 at 7:39 PM Post #56
Thank you so much. This explains a lot of what I was wondering about. Thank you for spending the time to write this for me and other noob breeders. (Also I appreciate your example stable links, those helped the most.) In addition, I also read the whole post. :)
Xavion
Level 75
The Perfectionist
Posted: 12/29/2016 at 7:42 PM Post #57
You are most welcome! Revamps are a pretty popular topic so I will definitely be adding this one to the list of answered questions :D

(And thank you for being so appreciative! It did take about an hour to write out that entire post, so your appreciation is much appreciated XD)

Edit: I'll add it to the list assuming I can shorten everything out so it fits o_O Maybe I'll change it up and just post links to the answer post, but at the moment... Meh.
Edited By Xavion on 12/29/2016 at 7:52 PM.
Lavenderrain
Level 64
The Artistic
Threads: 65
Posted: 2/1/2017 at 5:17 PM Post #58
This guide really helps! I am curious though, how would you generate 3 regular essences for a 4 vis project? Should I just try to have them carry the traits as equel that I can?
Xavion
Level 75
The Perfectionist
Posted: 2/1/2017 at 5:39 PM Post #59
Good question ^^

The first thing I would advise is picking out your two favorite traits, whichever two that you're most excited to see come out as visibles. Take those two traits and place them on the female, and one of the males.

For the second male, use the two traits that haven't been used yet to make sure that you have all four traits covered.

This way you'll be able to breed the two puffs with different traits for a chance at 4-carry, and their offspring could then be bred to the male that has the two favorite traits for a chance to get those as visibles early on. :)
Lavenderrain
Level 64
The Artistic
Threads: 65
Posted: 2/1/2017 at 5:54 PM Post #60
Ok! Thank you so much!
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 5, 6, 7... 11, 12, 13
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.