Players 2,437 399
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,235,311 1,122
Generated 656,000 45
Captured 1,189,917 95
Bred 6,389,302 982
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Player Guides > Xavi's 6-vis Breeding Guide!
Page 8 1, 2, 3... 7, 8, 9... 11, 12, 13 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Xavion
Level 75
The Perfectionist
Threads: 434
Posted: 2/27/2018 at 10:38 PM Post #71
Step one for restricted traits:

You need either a trait disruption philter, or to breed to a pet that has the restricted trait already. The philters are a little limited, though; if a pet already has one of the traits of the set then you can't philter in another one. (So if a Lune has the Scarab gene, you can't use the Scarab Philter to get a Scarab Mutation as well.)

As for getting recessive traits to show up, it's really a matter of luck more than anything.

When you breed a pet with a recessive trait both traits have an equal chance of passing to the offspring. As long as your breeders both have the trait you want, or one at least has a trait that's lower than what you want, the offspring will have a chance to show the desired trait as visible.

For example:

Say you want trait D. You have a female with AD, one male with BD, and a male with AE.

AD + BD would give you:

AB / AD / BD / DD - each at a 25% chance of being the result.

AD + AE would give you:

AA / AE / AD / DE
- each at a 25% chance of being the result.

Regardless of how low a letter is, the chances remain the same. Even an AZ will have a 50/50 chance of passing the A or the Z; the struggle is that so many other traits will show up before Z if the mate has anything from A-Y, so it seems like it's ridiculously hard to obtain.

Getting your pets genetically tested will definitely make the project easier, though; you'll be able to see the odds of which traits may show over the one you want. :)

I'm actually going through the same process with Lunes currently; I've learned that it helps to name your pets accordingly. Scarab G1 M3 Dryad M3, for example.
Raiyenn
Level 58
Candy Dispenser
Threads: 4
Posted: 12/16/2018 at 3:18 PM Post #72
Pinging myself so I remember to come back to this!
Speltspirit
Level 68
The Perfectionist
Threads: 2
Posted: 1/26/2019 at 10:23 PM Post #73
Pinging myself so I come back to this
Sairento
Level 75
High Priest
Threads: 164
Posted: 2/17/2019 at 2:35 AM Post #74
How did I JUST find this thread?
Blacklynx15
Level 31
Threads: 3
Posted: 8/22/2019 at 2:53 PM Post #75
This was so much more helpful than the Sylestia Tutorial Box! Thanks for writing this guide, it was awesome in my opinion.
Kathyultrayima
Level 65
Guardian
Threads: 15
Posted: 8/27/2019 at 4:22 PM Post #76
So I just bought 3 reg Fae essences...and I have no idea what to do....like...i'm not really good at matching designs with the right colors and things....so what do I do?
Xavion
Level 75
The Perfectionist
Posted: 8/27/2019 at 7:42 PM Post #77
Hm, design help.

I'd say the first step is to figure out what you want. Faelora are great for anything floral, so if there's a certain flower or season you like, that's a great start. Adding to that, if you've got a preference for certain colors it can lead you in the right direction.

For example just searching for "blue flower" images can give you a vast array of things to base a pet on. Blue, purple, and yellow, a blue, white, and yellow, or a blue and pink, the options span out in all sorts of direction with just a simple basic idea.

There are other directions you can go, of course, (I designed the Haunted Woods, the Ghostly Revenent, and the Grapevine Faes, for example) so ultimately the beauty of sylestia is that you can make whatever you want. :)

The second step is working your reference(s) into a design. This can be a little more tricky, some species moreso than others. The Faelora are fairly easy to work with considering how old they are. For gene combinations that work together nicely, I recommend the following:

Antelope + Numbat

Okapi + Leaf Impression

Nature Runes + Wildcat

And if you want a combo that's still a little crazy...
Jurassic and Numbat (Nature Kissed theme, not my design, but I'm breeding them with those traits in mind)

If you still find yourself having trouble, there are players who will gladly help you with design work and some who will even design something for you. You could either ask around, or set up something like a contest where people submit their design ideas and, once you see one you like, you use it. Typically speaking the prizes I've seen for such contests is a finished 6V of their design, but any incentive can work. Just be sure that you set clear terms for everything and that you intend to find a design you want to use for your project breeding. :)
Kathyultrayima
Level 65
Guardian
Threads: 15
Posted: 8/28/2019 at 1:45 PM Post #78
tysm! that helps a ton!
Larkian
Level 75
The Tactician
Threads: 104
Posted: 9/8/2019 at 2:34 PM Post #79
So... I know I'm not doing this right but I was starting an uhh... *forgets what project it was momentarily* Oriole Zolnixi project and I decided to start with pets like this:

VNNNNN and CCNNNN

NVNNNN and NCNNCN

NNVNNN and NNCCNN

NNNVNN and CNNCNN

NNNNVN and NCNNCN

NNNNNV and NNCNNC

(carries might not be exact because I was too lazy to check but you get the idea)

Which turned into something like this:

NVNNNC

CVNNNN

NNNNVC

CNNNNV

CNVNNN

NNCVNN

And I did have a 4 carry female but I wasn't sure what to do with her so I didn't use her and I have no idea what I'm going to do now and I really don't know where I'm going in general so, uh, yeah! I could use some help...

Also the fact that I'm in the middle of 5 unfinished projects (that I'm not planning on finishing any time soon xD) for some reason but my Black Ice is doing fine because I splurged way too much on Black Ice nixis
Edited By Canawlia on 9/8/2019 at 2:39 PM.
Xavion
Level 75
The Perfectionist
Posted: 9/8/2019 at 3:34 PM Post #80
If the ones you have listed are listed as pairs (nnvnnn amd nnccnn, for random example) then I hate to tell ya but you're doing things the painfully slow way.

Matching your pets to get more visible traits in the offspring, rather than having more trait slots filled, will have your chasing your tail rather than making progress.

A 2V pet is still only 2 traits and will only ever pass on 2 traits. VVnnnn and nnnnVV will give you CCnnCC. Oh look, it's a 4-carry, every time. If instead you keep going for vis, like a VVnnn and a nVVnnn then you get a CVCnnn - only 3 traits covered, which has even less potential.

Skip going for visibles and go for clearing as many slots as you can, even it means all carries.

CCnnCC and nCCCCn. There's an RNG factor where you could get any or all of those traits, but with a 3 day cooldown you get plenty of chances. At max potential? CVCCVC - 2V4C and all traits covered. Sure you may get a few bad results, but statistically most will be equal to or better than the vis-focused alternatives where most of your pairs will, at best, get you to the 4-C breeding but a full generation (possibly even 2) later. That's 1-2 whole months of wasted efforts when you could instead be focused on filling the slots as quickly as possible.

4C is way more valuable than a 2V. Spread out your traits (ie Vnnnnnn with anything MISSING g1 instead of pets that already HAVE g1) and your project will progress so much faster. I name mine in such a way for just that reason - G123 M23; I know to breed it with anything that has M1 for potential 6-trait breeders that can later get me to 6V when it becomes an adult. Even if it's all carries, a 5-carry is more valuable than a 4-vis because it has the potential to give more.

Once you get to 6-trait, still focus on spreading the traits. VCVCVC is better bred with CVCVCV because it guarantees 6-carry with a chance of full 6V. VCVCVC with a matching VCVCVC will guarantee a 3V, which would be entirely useless if none of the carries pass and it stays a 3V with 3 slots missing.

(Hope that didn't come off as too harsh; I'm on mobile but I see this as emergent and worth responding to quickly since your method is the sheer opposite of efficiency o_o )
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 7, 8, 9... 11, 12, 13
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.