Forum Index > News and Announcements > 6/10/2014 - Stables Upgrade v1.0
Page 9 1, 2, 3... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
HibernusMortis
Level 60
Mojo Master
Threads: 7
Posted: 6/12/2014 at 9:32 AM Post #81
You can have the names of the stables in a bigger font.....

Also if we have different facial images for each stablehand that will also make it easier to identify each stable.
HibernusMortis
Level 60
Mojo Master
Posted: 6/12/2014 at 9:38 AM Post #82
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=14747&page=8#75
Author: ChromeCrow
Time Posted: 6/11/2014 at 5:36 PM
[quote=241812] me too, I like somethings of the new, but I liked having the stables above the tabs to click on, and the tab boxes, with the different colors so you can see tabs with pets for sale, breeding, etc. without having to lick each tab, and look at each pet. was much more efficient and easier to locate pets. I would like if they mixed both together

The little icons across the bottom now do that instead.
And with the labeling system, now everyone can label each tab as to what pets are in that part of the stable.
I think once most people get a little more use to this system they will actually find it more efficient to use then the old system.....just takes a little getting use to.
Edited By HibernusMortis on 6/12/2014 at 9:40 AM.
HibernusMortis
Level 60
Mojo Master
Posted: 6/12/2014 at 9:49 AM Post #83
(3) Since you are now calling 'slots' 'stalls', change 'tabs' to something more stable related. idk, maybe 'floors' or something. idk, but something in the same realm.

In that case maybe each stable should be called a Barn, Each Tab, a Stable, and each slot...well is a Stall.
Veshana
Level 63
Nature Walker
Threads: 26
Posted: 6/12/2014 at 12:05 PM Post #84
Not feeding makes them go unconscious now?!?!?! Well looks like I am going to have a lot of dead pets -.-
Divinis
Level 60
Trickster
Threads: 30
Posted: 6/12/2014 at 3:08 PM Post #85
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=14747&page=9#81
Author: HibernusMortis
Time Posted: 6/12/2014 at 9:32 AM
You can have the names of the stables in a bigger font.....

Also if we have different facial images for each stablehand that will also make it easier to identify each stable.

Yay! That looks much better...

Can you do that for the tab names too?
Bucky0310
Level 39
Threads: 23
Posted: 6/13/2014 at 1:05 AM Post #86
Oh wow! They look amazing! Thank you for this!
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,122
Posted: 6/13/2014 at 2:40 AM Post #87
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=14747&page=9#85
Author: Divinis
Time Posted: 6/12/2014 at 3:08 PM
[quote=242455]

Yay! That looks much better...

Can you do that for the tab names too?

I can't really do it for tab names because there wouldn't be enough space.

The reason the tab names are smaller is so that they can fit 14 characters. If they were large like the "Tab 3", they could only fit maybe like 8-10 characters, which isn't very many to write out a description.
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,122
Posted: 6/13/2014 at 2:43 AM Post #88
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=14747&page=9#84
Author: Veshana
Time Posted: 6/12/2014 at 12:05 PM
Not feeding makes them go unconscious now?!?!?! Well looks like I am going to have a lot of dead pets -.-

Yes. That is how it will work.

As it is now (well, before feeding was paused), there wasn't much of a reason to feed pets. This led to pretty much the vast majority of players just not feeding pets until they wanted to use one and then fed only it. This "strategy" is not at all how we envisioned the system working. We feel that if you want to own a large amount (or any amount) of pets, you should be expected to feed them.

While the new system will increase the consequences for not feeding your pets, we also made it much easier and much cheaper to feed them. When Stablehands are added, it will be even easier to keep your pets fed.
Zelly
Level 65
The Hallowed
Threads: 55
Posted: 6/13/2014 at 3:51 AM Post #89
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=14747&page=9#88
Author: Krinadon
Time Posted: 6/13/2014 at 2:43 AM
[quote=242516]

Yes. That is how it will work.

As it is now (well, before feeding was paused), there wasn't much of a reason to feed pets. This led to pretty much the vast majority of players just not feeding pets until they wanted to use one and then fed only it. This "strategy" is not at all how we envisioned the system working. We feel that if you want to own a large amount (or any amount) of pets, you should be expected to feed them.

While the new system will increase the consequences for not feeding your pets, we also made it much easier and much cheaper to feed them. When Stablehands are added, it will be even easier to keep your pets fed.

It's an honest shame that you feel the route to go about this is punishing players for not feeding, which in itself is a poorly implemented goldsink with zero reward to the player, acts as a counter to people actually wanting more pets or stables.. which.. in turn.. therefore acts as a potential curb to your revenue.

Please consider this, Krin. Why would anyone want to keep spending real money if they do feel guilty for having unfed pets after a while? The more money they spend on having more pets (Buying essences) or stables, the harder the game gets for them to make -any- gold profit. This actually punishes people who spend money on your website. That's just not very senseable.

You should consider boredom as a risk to income as well from that perspective. Boredom from hitting a wall of 'I can't afford to feed my pets as it is!' can seriously effect the income from avatar items as well if people have no realistic reason to keep playing since.. the basic object of a pet game when you come right down to it is to breed/catch/buy more pets. Sooner or later, the pets you already have are ones you don't want to get rid of, and for people who do feed, that becomes a lock on what they can potentially do in the game anymore.

You really should consider making feeding rewarding like the idea you apparently completely scrapped was way back when. If you gave a positive aspect to feeding instead of trying to force it onto your players strongarm style, you might actually get a better response. All this is going to do is make many of us have unconscious pets at all times while rolling our eyes.
Edited By Zelly on 6/13/2014 at 7:12 AM.
Savynn
Level 75
Sweet Solver
Threads: 214
Posted: 6/13/2014 at 3:52 AM Post #90
I'm glad to hear that it's going to be cheaper to feed pets. This stable update has had my stomach in knots thinking about it. I'm still not sure what to think. I'm still waiting to see how it goes though. I've cut down on buying stables quite a bit and slowed breeding to just about nothing since I've yet to see how this is going to affect me. I just wish that feeding pets had more of a rewarding feel to it. As it is, it basically feels to me like a punishment.

But at least the price is going to be cheaper. And from what it sounds like if a pet goes unconscious all it needs to do is be fed again to recover, right? No permanent horrible results? If I go away for like a week or I can't have time to grind money for pets it's not the end of the world and I won't lose 34 stables worth of pets forever?

But at least moving pets more easily and naming stables and tabs, yay.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
This Page loaded in 0.013 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.