Page 11 1, 2, 3... 10, 11, 12 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 6/13/2014 at 1:45 PM Post #101
Please keep this thread on topic and without hostility. If you want to argue, any public place on Sylestia is not the place.

Sylestia has had a feeding system since the very beginning. I have improved it with the new Stable system. That pretty summarizes the situation. I don't really see where all the fuss is coming from. It will be much easier to maintain and much cheaper to pay for. The consequences for not feeding really won't be any different than they were prior.

We have other ideas we'll be implementing soon to improve the overpopulation and pet price issue. The feeding system changes are not aimed at that.

And yes, we do still want to eventually implement bonuses for taking care of pets. But since many core features of the game still use our old layout, old database tables, and old functions - my hands are pretty much tied until they are upgraded.

And just to make sure there's no confusion... here are two ideas (these are just ideas, not 100% guaranteed) we have in regards to the issues at hand:

1. For Stablehands, we planned to have each Stablehand available for hire come with certain bonuses. One such bonus could be that they are able to feed your pets for a significantly reduced rate. This would be ideal for players with very many pets to feed.

2. For Care Bonuses, we plan on having some sort of "loyalty" meter (again... this is all just in an idea phase). The more you care for the pet, the higher the meter. This could mean that in battle, it gets boosts to its stats, earns more experience, etc. Maybe has a higher chance to birth twins, etc.

Again, just so the point is clear, these are just examples. And the feeding system is not changing to address overpopulation or pet prices; it's changing because I'm improving the original system.

Now please be kind and respectful with your posts and keep them on topic. Thank you.
Shadow
Level 60
Threads: 144
Posted: 6/13/2014 at 2:15 PM Post #102
I'm very interested in hearing about the ideas you have for the overpopulation and pet price issues, Krin. And what pets are overpopulated exactly? Wild caught pets with no genes? I find it hard to believe you're talking about custom breeders. I only know of a couple and I'm one of them. lol
Zelly
Level 65
The Hallowed
Threads: 55
Posted: 6/13/2014 at 2:21 PM Post #103
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=14747&page=11#101
Author: Krinadon
Time Posted: 6/13/2014 at 1:45 PM
Please keep this thread on topic and without hostility. If you want to argue, any public place on Sylestia is not the place.

Sylestia has had a feeding system since the very beginning. I have improved it with the new Stable system. That pretty summarizes the situation. I don't really see where all the fuss is coming from. It will be much easier to maintain and much cheaper to pay for. The consequences for not feeding really won't be any different than they were prior.

We have other ideas we'll be implementing soon to improve the overpopulation and pet price issue. The feeding system changes are not aimed at that.

And yes, we do still want to eventually implement bonuses for taking care of pets. But since many core features of the game still use our old layout, old database tables, and old functions - my hands are pretty much tied until they are upgraded.

And just to make sure there's no confusion... here are two ideas (these are just ideas, not 100% guaranteed) we have in regards to the issues at hand:

1. For Stablehands, we planned to have each Stablehand available for hire come with certain bonuses. One such bonus could be that they are able to feed your pets for a significantly reduced rate. This would be ideal for players with very many pets to feed.

2. For Care Bonuses, we plan on having some sort of "loyalty" meter (again... this is all just in an idea phase). The more you care for the pet, the higher the meter. This could mean that in battle, it gets boosts to its stats, earns more experience, etc. Maybe has a higher chance to birth twins, etc.

Again, just so the point is clear, these are just examples. And the feeding system is not changing to address overpopulation or pet prices; it's changing because I'm improving the original system.

Now please be kind and respectful with your posts and keep them on topic. Thank you.

Mergh. I wish I could quote less of post.

Actually Krin.. it's not. It's not the same at all. I can still see my pets in color if they are not fed right now.

I saw what a newbies pet looked like while unconscious earlier today. It was greyscaled. Our pets won't even show their colors when not fed. That is an EXTREME difference.

Happy to hear you plan some kind of positive to feeding. I don't think it's going to be able to make up for this negative you've added for not, though.

For anyone wondering what an unconscious pet looks like now:
Edited By Zelly on 6/13/2014 at 2:42 PM.
Divinis
Level 60
Trickster
Threads: 30
Posted: 6/13/2014 at 2:45 PM Post #104
I didn't think there was any hostility or arguing in that. It was a discussion - about the stable update.

The definition of the pet was not meant to be enlightening or rude, but rather to point out that by their very name, they need to be cared for. Obviously we all know what pets are.

Also I know this measure wasn't meant as a way to reduce overpopulation, but it will limit your breeding with malnourished pets. If you have more pets than you can care for - you can't breed them all (which yes was always the case) - but also neither can other people (right?). Which means a mountains of pets that have been abandoned will no longer be available! No it may not make much of a dent, but it certainly won't hurt.
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Posted: 6/13/2014 at 2:48 PM Post #105
The grayscale image was not intended to be a punishment. I just added that so players could easily notice unconscious pets in their Stable.

I suppose I can just add an option for players to toggle it on or off.
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Posted: 6/13/2014 at 2:51 PM Post #106
It's already been that way since pretty much the beginning. Malnourished pets can't breed. Obviously, with feeding paused it's avoided that issue, but prior to that Malnourished pets could never breed. They also couldn't have been sent on missions or added to parties I believe.
Zelly
Level 65
The Hallowed
Posted: 6/13/2014 at 2:51 PM Post #107
Good to know that wasn't the intention.. cause that's sure what it seemed like at first glance. =P

Please consider adding the toggle option. That is really really annoying otherwise, to see stables full of greyed out pets..

Edit: Actually they can battle while malnourished. :o Kinda odd that.. they can't mission. Malnourished pets can be bred *with* if up for studding though.

The Revive from stable thing really needs a line about the fact that you can't stable revive a pet that's in a party btw. Newbies will be confused why they can't revive their battle pets, and I don't see anything explaining that to them on there.
Edited By Zelly on 6/13/2014 at 3:03 PM.
Divinis
Level 60
Trickster
Threads: 30
Posted: 6/13/2014 at 2:51 PM Post #108
Well I could breed with other people's malnourished pets... and I know at least they could be in your party... I heard that it had a negative impact on their stats or something??
Edited By Divinis on 6/13/2014 at 2:56 PM.
Zelly
Level 65
The Hallowed
Posted: 6/13/2014 at 3:20 PM Post #109
If it did.. it hasn't hurt much.. I know some people battle with unfed pets all the time. XD
Faiona
Level 75
Nature Walker
Site Administrator
Threads: 472
Posted: 6/13/2014 at 3:33 PM Post #110
Any features that we implement into the game are never intended to be a punishment...we're not sitting here cackling trying to intentionally upset people. Everything new that is being added was intended to be an improvement to the game play of Sylestia.

We have always had a feeding system, we never intended for people to pile up pets and not take care of them yet continue to fully use pet features with malnourished pets. If you think that our idea of a feeding system is too negative than instead of berating us why don't you tell us nicely what we can do differently so it doesn't feel negative?

Krin and I have lots of ideas when it comes to caring for your pets, we would like our feeding system to be more than just 'flushing gold' down the drain. However, like Krin pointed out, we cannot implement the features until the entire website is switched over to the new system. So we are trying piece by piece to change over all the pages of the website. The stables are just the newest piece.

Please, please reread that red sentence several times and take a deep breath. I know change is scary, and I know obviously some people freak out over any sort of changes. But please trust us and know that everything we change is supposed to make things better. It is never our intention to upset users or punish them in the game play of Sylestia. We run a game, games are suppose to be fun and make people happy.

Unfortunately though, there are a lot of issues with our game when it comes to pets. While some things that we change may seem mean that is not the intention.

So please, be respectful to both us and other users posting here. There can't be any positive outcome when there is so much negativity directed around. If you have questions on why we did something or have an idea on how to improve something...please just try and post in a polite and positive manner. Talk to us and others how you'd want to be treated personally. Trying to instigate arguments and attack others with snarky comments helps nothing. Thank you.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 10, 11, 12
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.