Forum Index > Player Guides > Avatar Items Guide & Discussion
Page 19 1, 2, 3... 18, 19, 20, 21 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Savynn
Level 75
Sweet Solver
Threads: 214
Posted: 8/26/2013 at 9:06 PM Post #181
@Flute, are you suggesting then ending the guide part of this thread then here and just keep it as a discussion thread?

Ideally, the information should be moved to the wiki eventually regardless of this thread's existence. I did see that there's been a note of it being on hold. Would have to see what Rose has planned. If the wiki isn't on hold and is made up to date should the guide here remain or not then?

If we do decide to no longer update this thread I would probably still want to make a new thread for discussion purposes on trying to figure out where things are so people wouldn't be confused by an ever more out of date guide in the front.
Zelly
Level 65
The Hallowed
Threads: 55
Posted: 8/27/2013 at 4:56 PM Post #182
I think it might help to sub-section into locations sort of like this:

Orchard Items:

Held Items:

Apple Blossom Staff
Originally dropped by Erunia the Ivy Witch in the Demo Zone, this staff is now dropped by Koralai.

Black Raven
Random drop from Elryssa the Huntress and probably Woodsman Tamers.

Stuff!

Back Items

You get the idea...

Ooor.. section by Location: Source of Drop. Ie:

Elryssa [Shares some drops with Woodsman Tamers]: Ravens, Hood, Stuff.

These methods may be space consuming, but a potential way to help with that might be to type it up, take a screenshot of the text, and put text links in to it. I'm not sure how beneficial that would be to the space due to potential html markup.. so you might want to ask Krin about how feasible that would be. ^^
Flute
Level 70
Enchanted Explorer
Threads: 340
Posted: 8/27/2013 at 7:26 PM Post #183
Quote From:
Originally Posted: 5/8/2024 at 9:22:04pm

@Flute, are you suggesting then ending the guide part of this thread then here and just keep it as a discussion thread?

Ideally, the information should be moved to the wiki eventually regardless of this thread's existence. I did see that there's been a note of it being on hold. Would have to see what Rose has planned. If the wiki isn't on hold and is made up to date should the guide here remain or not then?

If we do decide to no longer update this thread I would probably still want to make a new thread for discussion purposes on trying to figure out where things are so people wouldn't be confused by an ever more out of date guide in the front.

@Savynn, I don't see why not, as the discussion helps confirm what items drop from what, and the discussion would be the most active and up-to-date source of info.

I thought wikis can be edited by anyone; I'd think the guide here can stay and cover the stuff that isn't covered until you are able to add pages to the wiki. Once those are added, you can take some of the stuff on here off and replace it with iffy items that we're not so sure about (from old events to brand new released items).

I guess that would make sense, to make a new thread. Though, I would perhaps do that after you get most of the items up on the wiki.
Zelly
Level 65
The Hallowed
Threads: 55
Posted: 8/30/2013 at 2:40 AM Post #184
I think one of the problems with going wiki only may be that some people are just unwilling to go off site for information. I noticed several of the younger users on the site were a bit leery to go to unknown websites, and the idea of a wiki may be intimidating to them.
Savynn
Level 75
Sweet Solver
Posted: 8/30/2013 at 2:51 AM Post #185
I've been thinking about this. And I'm leaning towards the idea that it would be best to keep the guide part of for version 2 of the thread when it's made. But see about getting information added to the wiki and whenever the thread runs out of room again then consider not having the guide part and just having the discussion. The stuff should definitely get entered to the wiki though. But I don't think it would hurt for the information to be available in two places for the time being.

Assuming that the guide is transferred to version 2 then it comes down to the basic structure of the guide. I've been hearing different possibilities. Currently, the guide is up by type of avatar item (head, back, wings, etc.). But there's also been suggestions by zone or how it's obtained (forum game, explore, avatar shop, etc.). If there's any I'm forgetting let me know. I know my memory isn't always the best.

Savynn
Level 75
Sweet Solver
Posted: 8/31/2013 at 5:19 PM Post #186
From general chat and edited to just have the info relevant to this thread. This answers the question about whether an enemy has to be holding a specific color raven to drop that color, and a bit into the time sensitive item drops that aren't as time sensitive as they should be. There's been at least cases of the Lunar Apple Blossom Staff dropping during the day. Anyone else have any other held items that dropped at the wrong time of the day?

Me: Do the tamers only drop whatever colored raven it is that they have in their image?
Krinadon: Nope. I would have coded that but it would have required pre-determining loot basically
Krinadon: And I didn't want to have to code that

Me: I can't recall if the Ruthless one always has the same colored raven or not. Would that include the Ruthless tamer as well?
Krinadon: Pre-determined anything is bad. Should always code on demand
Me: Thanks! There's been some questions about that.
Krinadon: I wanted to code like named holding a certain drop, etc. But it just wasn't efficiently feasible
Me: Oh, also, the night drops and the day drops do only drop when the time changes to night or day in the game world, correct?
Krinadon: They should, but it seems as though it's not working properly
Me: Just a couple other questions. Are the axes being affected as well? And the other staff?
Krinadon: Probably, Savynn.
Krinadon: The only thing that comes to mind is I used a 12 hour clock instead of a 24 hour clock

I might change the red font. Thought it would be cool since Krin's text is red in chat but that color is a little difficult to look at here.
Savynn
Level 75
Sweet Solver
Posted: 9/16/2013 at 1:18 PM Post #187
I'll start working on updating the avatar guide for the new zone items and also this month's avatar items sometime today or tomorrow. I could use some confirmations on some of the zone item drops so if anyone has any info please let me know.
Lehana
Level 60
The Whimsical
Threads: 48
Posted: 9/17/2013 at 5:40 PM Post #188
Locations of the named rares in Astryl's Tranquility (sorry I don't know the exact names of the rares)

Ameryth Swiftfyre - Red Mage Lady - x:006 y:006 Near the Mushroom House to the west of the Village
Sariveni Songblade - Axe Lady - x:036 y:039 On a small island. Go west from the mainland dock until you see land, then go south until you see more land, follow the shore west and then south until you find a dock.
Yurgo the Twisted - Green Mage Dude - x:007 y:058 Near a tent on the south west island. Go south from the Axe Lady Island island until you see land, then follow the shore east until you find the dock. From the dock go south, then go west about 5-6 maps. He's by a tent in the south west corner.

EDIT: Added the names of the named mobs.
Edited By 2020 on 9/18/2013 at 4:08 PM.
Savynn
Level 75
Sweet Solver
Posted: 9/18/2013 at 3:16 PM Post #189
@Lehana,

Thank you so much for the coordinates!

I'm thinking it's fairly obvious who drops what this time around since things seem color coded, but I'll mark down confirmed drops here.

Known Drops
Ameryth Swiftfyre -
Sariveni Songblade - Woodsman's Hood, Woodsman's Axe
Yurgo the Twisted - Emerald Staff of the Oracle
Barbaric Woodsman (Sariveni Songblade placeholder) - Woodsman's Axe

Also, I wanted to say I've started work on the second version of the Avatar Items Guide & Discussion. I've taken in consideration thoughts on how it should be formatted and I'm going to try to make it a bit more practical. If things don't work out then I can simply move the old guide over but with more posts. I'm planning on trying to have enough posts saved up that I won't have to worry I hope for a while about it being outgrown. I'm also working on a couple more projects as well so I'm not sure how long it will take.
Edited By 135 on 9/19/2013 at 1:07 AM.
Cerberus
Level 75
Trickster
Threads: 167
Posted: 9/27/2013 at 11:02 PM Post #190
Can someone tell me who drops what in the new zone?
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 18, 19, 20, 21
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.