Players 2,295 397
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,268,857 2,365
Generated 656,515 8
Captured 1,192,327 512
Bred 6,419,920 1,845
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Roleplaying > The Silver Killer (PRP)
Page 4 1, 2, 3, 4 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Nebuladragon7
Level 47
Threads: 3
Posted: 5/17/2023 at 3:43 PM Post #31
He shook his head, looking Kyong dead in the eyes. "It's not weird, don't let anyone tell you it is." He kept that eye contact for about 5 seconds; before pulling out a payroll ledger.
The writing was cursive, and the lettering was obscenely small.

They tapped their fingers on the desk while they thought. They didn't want to pay Kyong too much to start, as from what they'd gathered, the only experience Kyong had in the field was supplying bodies.

"Let's say... 16$ an hour to start?"
They looked up from the ledger and waited for him to respond. "It's about the average pay for a receptionist. And I mean this in the most polite way possible, but your lack of experience in the field makes me hesitant to go higher."

He lowered his voice and leaned in slightly. "Before you say it, no. Providing bodies does not count."

Azrael laughed internally. They're starting to sound like a harsh businessman, just like their father was. Their expression slightly soured upon thinking about that man, but it was quickly wiped off their face.
Edited By Nebuladragon7 on 5/17/2023 at 3:54 PM.
Marionettez
Level 60
The Sweet Tooth
Threads: 115
Posted: 5/17/2023 at 9:07 PM Post #32
He watched as Azrael wrote on the paper, looking back up to meet their eyes as they began speaking again, after confirming his name wasn't weird.

Kyong nodded as they suggested the hourly wage and explained on it. Letting out a small chuckle when he added on the note of supplying bodies. "Sounds fine to me." He leaned back on the chair, inspecting the paper and the writing on it.

He tapped his finger on the chair's arm, thinking for a moment.

"How many hours a week will I work? I don't know when I'll be available, but usually in the morning and afternoon probably." He decided to ask. Kyong didn't know when his powers would take control of him, but thankfully it was usually during the night or very late in the day.

He watched as Azrael's expression changed for a few seconds, inspecting their face carefully. He looked back into Azrael's eyes after a few moments, the same unfaltering look he'd been wearing for a while now still there.
Nebuladragon7
Level 47
Posted: 5/18/2023 at 2:12 PM Post #33
In that brief moment, the only word that could describe his expression is malice, pure and utter malice. He may be looking at Kyong, but he's not seeing him. This lasts for about a minute before Azrael blinks a few times and looks down at the ledger.

"My apologies. Hours, right." He's silent for a moment before looking back up at Kyong. "How about the standard 40 hours a week? If you want part-time, we could do 35, maybe 30."

Before receiving an answer, Azrael continued to speak.
"You don't have to answer this next question, but if I may, what made you pick here over the coffee shop down the road? Your answer won't affect your employment status. I'm just satiating my curiosity."

They were genuinely curious. Kyong would've had a higher chance of getting a job anywhere else, yet he still decided to come here. They desperately wanted to know why. But they didn't want to sound forceful.
Marionettez
Level 60
The Sweet Tooth
Posted: 5/18/2023 at 7:04 PM Post #34
He listened intently as Azrael spoke, thinking about how to answer the question while they were still talking. Once the other finished, he gave a small nod. "I wanted a place that had flexible hours, in case I couldn't be available at times due to certain... circumstances."

He knew that Azrael knew what he meant by that, giving a small smile. "Plus, I know you, the boss, right? I'd rather work with someone I know than a bunch of random people." He added quickly after.

Kyong looked down at the ground for a good second, thinking.

He then realized he forgot to answer the first part, putting a hand behind his neck. "And yes, 40 hours is fine by me." Kyong said kindly, letting his hand fall back onto the chair with an internal sigh. He wasn't exactly good at interviews, nor had he ever done one before, since he was pretty content on not getting a job because of his powers.

He inspected the desk for a moment after, tracing the floral pattern on the edge of it with his finger. He didn't want to seem bored or uninterested, but he did like to inspect the room, since it was quite nice.
Nebuladragon7
Level 47
Posted: 5/19/2023 at 1:33 PM Post #35
He nods in acknowledgement. "Understood. As long as you don't bring anything in here, I could care less."

He was slightly worried that Kyong would unintentionally cause trouble, but it was a risk he was willing to take. After all, his friend needed a job, and he was hiring.

"That's a good point. Sorry if I sounded accusatory. That was not my intent."

Once Kyong answered their initial question, they nodded in approval.
"Should I be asking more questions: Yes. Will I? No, I'm not in the mood"

He leaned forward slightly, holding out his hand.
"40 hours a week, 16$ an hour, working as a receptionist. Do we have a deal?"

The more they thought about it, the less sure they were that this was a good idea, but they weren't backing out now. Could hiring Kyong lead to them getting taken in for questioning? Most likely, but as long as they don't lose the funeral parlour, they'll be fine.
Marionettez
Level 60
The Sweet Tooth
Posted: 5/20/2023 at 12:31 PM Post #36
Kyong listened as the other replied to his questions, and nodded as they said they won't be asking anymore questions, slightly glad for that.

He gave another nod as Azrael explained his job and such, reaching out to shake their hand. He probably wouldn't be too good at the job to start, but he'd get the hang of it, at some point or another. Either way, it was probably his only option as of now if he wanted to be able to stay in his house and keep caring for Ye-Bin and Jang Mi.

"So, when will I start?" He decided to ask. He knew it'd probably be a few days, but he didn't mind. If he couldn't go in for a few days, he'd stay home until then and care for his 'family'. Those were really his only two options.

In a way, Ye-Bin and Jang Mi were like his children, even though they were cats. Jang Mi was like his magic, causing chaos and being weird, while Ye-Bin was like him when normal, elegant and kind. It was interesting, to say the least. He found two cats that match his personalities exactly.

Along with this, the two cats loved Kyong like a parent, or so he thought. They'd always expect food and love from him, which is what any child wants, right? Well, Kyong wouldn't know, his parents lacked in the love part. Either way, they'd ask, he'd give. He took the cats in to take care of them, and so he has.
Nebuladragon7
Level 47
Posted: 5/21/2023 at 2:13 PM Post #37
Azrael released Kyongs hand and answered. "Ideally? Tomorrow, but if you need time to get clothes, reliable transport, etcetera, any day this week will do. Just text me beforehand."

He opened one of the drawers and pulled out a business card. It was off-white with a chrysanthemum border drawn in gold ink. The text is in Azrael's handwriting and states his name, email address, and phone number. Oddly enough, his last name isn't on the card.

After passing Kyong the card, they stand up, walk to the door, and hold it open. "As much as I would love to continue this conversation, a body should be coming in around now, and from what they told me, it will take a while."

They locked the door behind Kyong and started to lead him back to the reception room. They were walking faster than before, and there was a shine in their eyes that wasn't there previously.
Excitement. Pure, unfiltered excitement.

Once the two were back in reception, he turned to face Kyong.
"Well, I suppose this means I'll see you sometime this week."
Marionettez
Level 60
The Sweet Tooth
Posted: 8/6/2023 at 2:06 PM Post #38
Kyong grabbed the card and inspected it for a second, before standing and following Azrael out of the room, nodding as they spoke. He didn't reply, simply followed Azrael down the hall.

He glanced to the front desk as they made it to reception, looking at Azrael as he spoke once more.
"Tomorrow. If nothing happens, I should be here tomorrow. But I won't be surprised if we see eachother before then. I'll probably be walking my cats later today."

Kyong nodded slightly as he explained himself. Jang Mi would definitely want to go on a walk by the time he got home, and Ye-Bin goes anywhere that her brother goes. Thankfully, he had a harness and leash for both of them.

A slight smile crept onto his face as he thought about his cats, but it quickly faded, and he began walking to the door, putting up a hand for a second as a small wave.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.