Players 2,396 356
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,245,334 1,278
Generated 656,251 10
Captured 1,190,576 46
Bred 6,398,412 1,222
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Official Games and Contests > 2023 Week of Love - Create a Sylestian V...
Page 1 1, 2 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Faiona
Level 75
Nature Walker
Site Administrator
Threads: 472
Posted: 2/10/2023 at 10:16 PM Post #1
Create a Sylestia Valentine

Rules

No Reserving Posts

1. You must create a Sylestia themed Valentine using real life arts and crafts. Any types of materials may be used as long as your finished item is Sylestia themed and resembles a Valentine.

2. You must provide at least 3 progress pictures of the creation of your Valentine. Each picture must include your Sylestia Username and the Date. You must upload your pictures to an image uploading site, such as http://imgur.com. Failing to follow this rule will automatically disqualify your entry.

3. In order to qualify as an entry, the entry must look like it actually required effort. Please do not just throw something together in 5 minutes with the goal of just simply earning the Participation Prizes. Faiona and I will be the sole judges of what we deem to qualify or not. We obviously are not going to be judging on skill for this part so as long as you actually put forth effort to make something, you have absolutely nothing to worry about. We just want to see everyone who participates put forth some effort as we feel that makes the Prizes fair to everyone. =)

A Player Guide on How to Upload Images

4. You must submit your own entry. You cannot share an entry with other Players. You can, however, work together with other players on your own entries. You just have to of been the one to make it and the one to submit it.

5. The due date for submitting your entry is by the end of the 2023 Week of Love Event.

Prizes

There will be prizes awarded to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place finishers. All entries will be judged and the winners will be selected by the Admins.

There will be a Participation Prize as well.

Example

Here is an example of a winning entry from a previous contest:

Have fun and enjoy!

1st Place Winner(s)

Prizes: 2,000 Diamonds, Free Stable, [Peerless Avatar Token] x1, 3-Visible Week of Love Themed Pet of Choice (2-Vis if Restricted) x2, [Candy Heart Complete Set] x10, [Philter of Trait Disruption] x3

Anemochory

2nd Place Winner(s)

Prizes: 1,000 Diamonds, Free Stable, [Peerless Avatar Token] x1, 3-Visible Week of Love Themed Pet of Choice (2-Vis if Restricted) x1, [Candy Heart Complete Set] x5, [Philter of Trait Disruption] x1

Carrotcat

Scathreoite

3rd Place Winner(s)

Prizes: 500 Diamonds, Free Stable, [Peerless Avatar Token] x1, 3-Visible Week of Love Themed Pet of Choice (2-Vis if Restricted) x1

Lovesick

WoermOnAString

All Participants

Prizes: Title: Cutely Creative, [Candy Heart Complete Set] x10
Edited By Krinadon on 3/8/2023 at 2:37 PM.
WoermOnAString
Level 75
Trickster
Threads: 28
Posted: 2/10/2023 at 10:50 PM Post #2
Expanding on my winter trait design submission with this Victorian wedding Valentine for my bestie Ael!

Basic Sketch
The OG designs are from the 2022 winter design contest.

Coloring
I painted these ferrikkis with pre-existing traits using acrylic paint.

Final Product
I cut out the doves from my winter nephini design and laid them out with the card plans. I used construction paper and brush tip markers. On the back is a message for Ael. :)

Moonlarki
Level 75
Benevolent Brewer
Threads: 7
Posted: 2/11/2023 at 5:03 PM Post #3
My Paper Heart Balloon Thingy Valentine!

Cutting Out the Heart -

I cut a piece of graph paper into a square and folded it vertically twice and diagonally once. Then I folded it vertically and made a sort of diamond shape by pushing in the sides, and then cut out a heart.

Adding Yarn -

I added a strand of yarn for the balloon string, and crocheted a tiny bow, which was taped in the back ;)

Checkers -

I colored those little squares in the graph paper to make a checkered pattern (this took FOREVER!). I also added a little Vulnyx to the front.

The Inside -

I cut out more hearts and made them look like the Sylesti candy hearts, and also made a Nephini and Aurleon to decorate the sides.

Finishing! -

I redid the checker pattern on the back and trimmed a few edges.
Done!
Meowth27
Level 66
Threads: 102
Posted: 2/11/2023 at 7:02 PM Post #4
acrylic painted Valentine

#1 is the pencil drawing

#2 is the start of my painting process

#3 is my finished valentine

I miss dated the top two all done on the 10th hope this is ok.
Edited By Meowth27 on 2/13/2023 at 2:49 PM.
Stormwing
Level 72
The Perfectionist
Threads: 14
Posted: 2/15/2023 at 7:55 PM Post #5
Since I broke my arm I couldn't draw much but I tried some rough sketches of a themed pet I made earlier.
Betrayed Lover/Treacherous Heart Aeredini

And these were the attempts digitally, first was on Sketchbook. Second was from Scratch(the coding site)

Carrotcat
Level 75
Cutely Creative
Threads: 5
Posted: 2/21/2023 at 7:48 PM Post #6
Hopefully this isn't too late to join!!

Step 1
I drew out my pattern on felt, and then cut it out.

Step 2
I started sewing the head pieces together by hand
(Also had help from Amber)

Step 3
After the head was done, i started stuffing. I used felting wool to create the rough shape of the head

Heres how the head looked when stuffed. I used thread to help keep the sculpt
(Also help from loki)

Step 4
By this point, i was on the fifth day (forgot to update the date on my card ;-;) and ran out of my felt, so went and brought some 80p hand towels from my local asda

I wrapped the head and sewed the ears to the head. This took two days..

Step 5
I sewed the body pieces together and connected them to the head.

Step 6 - summary
Unfortunately, most of my images from this point on vanished from my files. I do not know why, but thats why there is a gap in images. Hopefully this does not disqualify me
I cut and sewed the arms, and decided to make my bulbori hold a heart.
I cut, and sewed the heart, connecting both that and the arms to the body.
I needle felted my bulboris fluff around its neck.
I found some really cool plastic gems that glowed in the dark, so using a nail file, i filed one into the shape of a heart. Heres the best pic i could take of the gem

I added some beads for the eyes, and added some colour to the body using pastels.

Here is before the pastels

Here is after, which would make this my final piece

This took me 10 days to finalise

Wistirio
Level 75
Fairy Sous Chef
Threads: 38
Posted: 2/22/2023 at 2:45 PM Post #7
Link to album

I've decided to make a Valentine based off one of my personal designs.
(Seen at the end)

Sketch.

Lined.

Colored.

Front.

Inside.
For reference, these are lyrics from a song, & I just think it's a really sweet line :>
Wistirio
Level 75
Fairy Sous Chef
Threads: 38
Posted: 2/22/2023 at 2:48 PM Post #8
Hello,
Thought you should know that your images aren't working.
Angelzrulez
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 26
Posted: 3/5/2023 at 6:14 AM Post #9
Here's mine:

I started by making some vul faces and some hearts in illustrator before printing them out.

Cut them out!

Grabbed some yellow paper and tested some placements.

Glued the vuls and heart down. Wrote on the card 'Happy Vul-entines!' ^^
Anemochory
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 156
Posted: 3/5/2023 at 6:52 PM Post #10
I had a Valentine entry planned for ages that I was preparing to do...and then the day Week of Love launched, my brain said, "Nah. I feel like doing this instead." So I guess I have next year's entry planned.

I was inspired by this avatar held:

It's pretty and sparkly, and I found the perfect fabric, a glittery felt, in my stash:

I used this pattern as a base, but changed it quite a bit: http://fluffmonger.net/2018/03/cat-free-sewing-pattern/

The pattern modifications worked out ok on my first try, fortunately.

I embroidered the eyes by hand. (It looks like a funny frog or muppet right now!)

The face is finished. It stretched out a bit when I stuffed it, unfortunately; I thought he was cutest at this stage.

I cut some flowers out of felt, too.

I forgot to take any pictures of making the heart, but I cut, embroidered, and sewed that, too.

I thought he was done at this point, and I did take a break from it for a while. But over the past couple days, I added some more to him.

I made some wings from felt (improvised pattern) and these fake floral petals as feathers.

Here he is, actually finished now.

Here's a picture with flash, just to bring out the glitter.

I could have added the leg wraps and flowers, but he's small enough I thought it might be tricky and maybe just too crowded.

Speaking of size, here is next to a pencil (before wings were added) just to give you an idea of scale:

His body is about the same size as my hand.

Overall, I'm please with him and he was fun to make. I like smaller, intricated projects that use a variety of techniques.
Go to Page:
1, 2
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.