Players 2,265 410
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,279,552 1,989
Generated 657,198 169
Captured 1,195,700 619
Bred 6,426,559 1,201
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > General Discussion > Why Release Pets?
Page 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Xxbluewhirlxx
Level 32
Knight
Threads: 5
Posted: 11/6/2019 at 4:08 PM Post #61
They go on through the pages 17, 18, 19, 20, and 21 last I checked.
Jemadar
Level 74
Grand Protector
Threads: 25
Posted: 11/6/2019 at 4:45 PM Post #62
I will say first that I completely agree with releasing and that I do not check the profiles of pets that I buy, though I only buy to release if there is a 'reward' for doing so, such as the releasing event from the patriotic event.

However, I do agree with that I dislike the idea of releasing 'ugly' pets or things like that, simply because to someone, that pet is pretty. Take themes. I have seen people gush over certain themes, that I personally would consider 'ugly' and release or sell for cheap if I got. Just as I have gotten themes that I absolutely love, that others feel are ugly.

On Flight rising, I have seen people complain about 'pretty pets being exalted' and usually one of the first things I an many others point out is that pretty is subjective, What you might consider pretty, someone else would release in a heartbeat.

I do believe that releasing needs to be more incentivized, and am happy that Krin took a more hardline stance that some pet sites on pet ownership. I believe that releasing is good for the economy and the site overall, and that a club centered around that isn't a bad idea, nor do I have a problem with the releasers club's story. I haven't read every single post in the thread, so Idon't know whether those quotes are accurate or if they were changed or taken out of context.

But, I do feel that instead of using terms like 'lame' or 'ugly' instead use things like unwanted, or excess or even simply low priced pets, because that is what they are. I understand that people get attached to these pixels, because I do the exact same thing, I can become attached quickly, and that is why I don't play games with pet death. I don't mind releasing however, because if I sell a pet, it means I don't have attachment to it, but that isn't the case for everyone. I feel that it is important to try to remember that and not insult players who DO become attached to pets, even if they are ones that normally you would immediately release. I have a plain white and pink lupora in my release tab. I caught him simply because one day I was exploring a fest zone I believe, and kept hitting the move key and my avie wasn't going anywhere. Then I realized something. The pet I was looking at was NOT my pink and white qitari male, but rather a pink and white lupora male. (I had just come through a cave and my pet wasn't visible, and since I was half asleep at the time I had forgotten I was coming from the cave instead of going into. I just had to catch the pet after that.

That lupora wouldn't mean anything to anyone else, but everytime I look at him and remember why I caught him, I think of that story. Thus, I plan to release him myself. I feel that more people really need to realize that just because a pet is special to them, it isn't special to anyone else. Conversely, people ALSO need to realize that just because they see nothing special about a pet, whether colors, or traits or whatever might be used, it doesn't mean that other people feel the same way.
Larkian
Level 75
The Tactician
Threads: 104
Posted: 11/6/2019 at 6:41 PM Post #63
Well, I don't like arguing in general because I tend to get very heated when I argue and offend everyone, my brain just goes like "Ooh ARGUMENT ABORT ALL TENDENCIES TO BE CIVIL" >.> (Did I even use that correctly) So I try to avoid it lol, advance warning.

But, ey, don't mean to offend anyone, but I mean, just because some Releasers are more abrupt or even rude, doesn't mean the rest of us are. I, for one, tend to be pretty brutal honestly, online and irl, but say, Orca2whale, is a really nice person and I won't say it doesn't hurt when you say 'we' are toxic, or whatever. Please! Would you say that about gender or race, that all of the people like that are toxic because a few are?

Also, I'm not sure how much Syrix appreciates what you said about them... After all it's their club and they run it the way they want, you don't have to criticize them outright. Especially because you're not even a part of this toxic club, so I'm not sure how much it affects you.

And just... Just listen to both sides. You interviewed someone who says they were attacked. Cool, that may be their opinion. Then, to rightfully make things balanced, why don't you interview the 'attacker'? A lot of times, people have their own fair opinions but may disagree and this is perfectly fine, so I'd suggest looking at both sides of the story, to me, this is kinda biased. Also, yes, context would make things more clear.

As for the clubs, I can honestly say I have no idea what you're talking about. You can only think and do as the club wants you to? Simple solution: leave! Clubs aren't prisons. People can come and go as they please.

I'm sorry if I said anything wrong or offensive, but.... Well, Sylestia has one of the nicer communities, and I'd like to keep it that way. I do not want to argue and get myself or anyone else into more regret over things I said. I'd rather everyone just stop bashing each other and at the very least, be more polite... Please? I've found out long ago that you can't make people change their mind and and I'm sorry if I can't make you or anyone else see things the way I do, but that doesn't mean everyone has to scream at everyone else. And yes, I'm talking about people on both sides. This is a GAME, not politics, the point is to have fun, not get caught up in things such as this. Respectful acknowledgement of each other's opinions and debate is perfectly fine. Having a go at each other is not.

I am a part of this discussion now, because this is something that I care about. I will not contribute to further arguments. I'm trying, I really am, to stay calm despite provoking comments from both sides of this issue and would really appreciate it if everyone stopped saying horrible things about each other...

I know I do get very upset a lot if I enter an argument as I said above and have very strong opinions of things, I think I got into a fight with someone on this thread at one point but honestly after awhile it just gives me a headache trying to repeatedly state my side, I think I've mostly gotten a bridle on that but I'm not saying anyone is wrong. Some people like to fight fire with fire. I do it myself. I'm just... sick of all of this.

Would love to hear your response.

- Phoen
Edited By Canawlia on 11/7/2019 at 1:06 AM.
Larkian
Level 75
The Tactician
Posted: 11/6/2019 at 6:42 PM Post #64
^
|
Cian
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 140
Posted: 11/6/2019 at 8:16 PM Post #65
While sure, some releassers can be rather rude, i am in no way excusing them on that, calling the members toxics is deffinitively offencive. Let me help you see the other side of the coin :

Imagine that you want to help get rid of the olds, dishwasher or wild caugh sylesties that wait, somtime for years, in the advenced search. You releass let's say, about 150 and then you notice that someone had PM you. Until then evrything is fine, sometime peoples have questions or second guess themself and want X pet back, no issue with that.

However, let's say that this perticular player that messaged you dont care about getting the pet back or having more explanation, no, they just dont want to see the word releassed on one of their old pets. So of course the rant on you saying things about you 'being a bad person' for releassing a 1g pet ( and insert a big paragraph of negativity about the previous owner though on you and all those who releass pets) .

All you can do is block and report, and for the perticuliarely nasty ones, well, they may try to take their revange on you and things can escalate from there.

Sure, you can take note of who it was and avoid their pets in the futur, but it take twice as mutch time to do that and if you mindlessly releass pets while watching a show mistakes can happen and the other player will most likely take it personaly witch will make things more difficult afterward.

Seeing it like this, it isn't too difficult to see where the frustration came from. I dont want to put the blame on anyone, it happen mostly because newer players have somtime the wrong idea of why releassing exist and this cause friction between them and those who releass pets. ^-^

Edit :

As for the story, it's somthing that is commonly use in most if not all medium of storytelling. When an audience get attached to a background character and that the story nead it gone to be able to keep going, sometime, killing it off isn't possible. When that happen, the best way to get rid of it is to make a proper goodbye, an exemple that alot of people know about would be the case of Ash's butterfree, the team behind the story neaded it gone so they made an episode about him leaving to go have a familly somwhere far away, never to be seen again. This way it give a proper ending and allow the audiance, or in this time player, to move on knowing that their beloved pet is free and happy where it is. This is in no way some kind of scheme to 'bring people in', this is a mean to create a bridge between players and help those who got attached to move on from those who were releassed.
Edited By Cian on 11/6/2019 at 10:11 PM.
Encryption
Level 70
Threads: 33
Posted: 11/6/2019 at 9:04 PM Post #66
the story is not atall why i joined. i joined bc there are far too many pets out there, unloved, starved. i have released pets before i joined and i am still releasing after. if someone is selling a pet for less then 10g, how much it costs to feed it for 1 day, that pet is not wanted. releasing is the only way to clear up stable space reliably. here is a morrko i released. not tested but most likely 3c based on parent genes. morrko is prob one of the least popular species. you can agrue there is someone who will want it. but that person is not going to come for a long time. should this pet sit in my stables till that person comes? i cant do that. i cant afford it and i need my stable space. besides if they want my released pet that much, i can reclaim the pet for the 50d fee. its not a permanent thing.

bit of background, this is what i send to ppl who get mad over my releasing.
https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=30035
any form of asking someone not to do something is harassment. there are ways to prevent the releasing if you are that attatched to your pets, like making a post specifically offering free pets to ppl who want them and not putting for public sell.

ik who you interviewed. im willing to bet they lied to cover up their end of the story. normally i wouldnt make this sort of claim, but i have several reasons to believe so. they have scammed ppl in the forums multiple times.
1. making up prices and selling for 3x the cost of an item.
2. claiming they saw someone else selling a expensive item for much cheaper and saying it should be worth that price.
3. asking for av items: after the price was told to them, they agreed to the trade. then decided oops its too expensive, even though the av seller typed out the prices and asked if the prices were ok.
4. not exactly a scam, but i linked a post a few pages back iirc of them harassing someone else.

as in that post by krinadon, we cannot say anything to players about how they buy or sell pets. you would call me rude if i saw someone selling 1g 6v pets and went to them saying they are wrong and ruining the pet economy. i have never and will never do that. it is rude and harassment.
releasing is our way of getting prices raised for projects we pour our time and effort into, w/o telling others what to do. that seller should give releasers the same courtesy and not dm us saying we are wrong for releasing. that is also rude and harassment.

not the first time someone has had negative opinions of me. i always stand for what i believe in. one of the releasers especially does not say much, but seeing how many pets they have released, i know they have a strong opinion abt it and just dont want to speak up. im very aware there are players out there who hate me. at the same time i have been told someone admires me for my boldness.

@orca2whale, the first 2 posts are mine and yes they are accurate. i meant every word of what i said and i stand by it. 2nd one especially. we were talking abt how the community here has changed so much, for the worse. not to long ago there was one player who went around all the forums literally begging for anything. as in actually telling someone selling rare cave tlg themes ' i want one give me one. ' they have not been online for almost 3 mos now.

i mentioned multiple different players w/o their names. if you think im making this up and really want to fact check me dm me to ask their names, they might not want to be public. can also link the scam posts.
Rileyy
Level 75
High Druid
Threads: 56
Posted: 11/6/2019 at 11:11 PM Post #67
Im sorry that this is the first impression youll be getting of me, Im normally an extremely nice and generous person. Ask anyone, a lot of them have received random expensive gifts from me even if we dont talk much. I dont just give them to any random person though, because of people such as yourself. I get to know them at least a little bit before judging them, but according to you, I guess Im just a horrible, toxic person for being in this club? I would like to point out multiple things:

1. A lot of things youve said have been quite hypocritical and offensive.

2. It is within my right as a player of this game to join any club I want without being discriminated against because of it, and buy and release any pet that I want without being harassed about it.
It is horrible that recently, calmly and politely defending yourself in PMs with another person who messaged you first, and aggressively, is now US harassing THEM.

3. Many people (you refer to them as vet players, I agree they can be called that) have been here for years and years and really understand how the game economy and market has changed in a lot of disappointing ways over the years. When you ask us to explain why we do things, we explain it in many different ways from many different points of view, and then you tell us were not right and then proceed to pretty much ATTACK a club on this site, that is pretty messed up.

4. Which brings me to another point which Ive been dancing around thus far, the fact that you did attack my club. It is attacking, and I will explain why for you because youre probably going to try telling me that its not attacking us. It is. First of all, you did some research about us, which is good when formulating an opinion, BUT you then compiled that research by quoting things members have said, not only OUT OF CONTEXT, but also between players who have known eachother for a very very long time. Now, the out of context part in this case does not affect the meaning much, but it can be interpreted in different ways than its meant if not given the proper context.

5. Im sorry if your little social experiment of the sylestia community, as you put it, isnt meeting your standards. If you do not enjoy your time here, leave. I know I speak for many players who make up the core playerbase when I say that there have been way more newbies lately who just dont understand and just come in, complain, complain, and complain some more about how the game isnt fair, and eventually leave, even if its after months or even a year or two. Everyone who is in a veteran player position has had to work extremely hard for their status and what they have. In a similar way to how the real world works, people arent just going to hand you your entire life, your income, your livelihood, etc. You need to work for it, just as we all had to work to get where we are in this community.

6. As for clubs becoming divided and whatnot, that is completely untrue on so many levels. All clubs are open to all players. If you want in a club, fill out the application and its pretty hard to not get accepted into most clubs... I myself am in a huge variety of many clubs and groups, and run events myself too. I see probably around 90% or more of the active social playerbase being open and welcoming to people all over the site, even if theyre not in the same clubs.

7. As for our sob story to pull in more people for our club, I want to point out that was made because someone likes to make stories. Theres so much more to people than just what club they run or are in. It wasnt written with some ulterior motive to manipulate people into joining our club as you stated.

8. You also stated that you dont think our club is important enough to make a thread about. How dare you, honestly? It is our club, not yours. I dont think this thread needed to be made at all, especially since theres a bunch of other similar threads to this one, with more respectful people trying to understand the game in more polite ways than slandering an entire club.

9. I know what toxicity is, hon, those conversations are not toxic in any way. It is friends stating opinions to friends.

10. Again with your slandering and defamation of character, you have NO NEED, at all, to attack us and SINGLE OUT people in the club, too. If you are talking about Syrix when you refer to our inactive president, again, how dare you??? Youre not even part of the club so you have no right at all to accuse her doing such a horrible job running our club. Nobody in the club has any problem with how its being run or how active Syrix is.

Ive read this entire thread and honestly, I think you need to read and re-read, and maybe re-read again and again, the ToS of Sylestia and what I and many others on this thread have said. Let me make this one thing clear though. The Releasers of Sylestia are good people in a club that many people dont understand or try to understand. We do not deserve the harassment we receive and we do not deserve people like you slandering our club AND singling our specific club members to point out that theyre a horrible fit for a club because this and that when you dont know ANY of us!! Talk to some of us as a normal, civil human being and Im sure people might be forgive you.

Do not attack my club again.
Larkian
Level 75
The Tactician
Posted: 11/6/2019 at 11:21 PM Post #68
Oh wow xD Very concise.
Edited By Canawlia on 11/6/2019 at 11:22 PM.
Rileyy
Level 75
High Druid
Threads: 56
Posted: 11/6/2019 at 11:27 PM Post #69
THIS; attacking me and my club, who I hold its members very dear to me even the ones I dont really talk to all that much, I will not stand for this treatment and how this person is slandering us and attacking us and defaming us. This is in no way right or allowed in the TOS. This is so wrong
Larkian
Level 75
The Tactician
Posted: 11/6/2019 at 11:32 PM Post #70
Including me.
I agree.
But *tries not to get people mad at self*
Edited By Canawlia on 11/6/2019 at 11:32 PM.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
This Page loaded in 0.014 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.