Threads: 25
Posted: 3/5/2021 at 2:12 PM Post #71
Thanks, I will check it out. I really do like how nytes look now
Teefa85
Level 75
Crystalline Cleaver
Threads: 11
Posted: 3/5/2021 at 2:24 PM Post #72
Finished regenning mine. All of them look so much better now. Did have a few great improvements.
Dragondream
Level 75
Knight
Threads: 9
Posted: 3/5/2021 at 3:13 PM Post #73
Am I just not understanding the limitations of the Krie Re-gens? I re-designed him in the Generator then try to Re-gen from his profile page, but I can't select anything besides the traits he already had??
Midnightwolf001
Level 75
Candy Dispenser
Threads: 7
Posted: 3/5/2021 at 3:18 PM Post #74
Um, I noticed earlier when Nurturing that some of the baby Nytekrie are still showing their old lines on the Nurture page. Not all of them do this. But it seems to be a random occurrence for the ones that do. But, they show up properly on the new lines on their profiles and Hatchery, just not in Nurture for those random ones. I'll link examples below to show what I mean.

I first thought this was because I needed to clear my cache. Did that and it still happens randomly, my pink baby Nytekrie having been one of them. Then tried refreshing the Nurture page after seeing an oddball. But, nope, they still show the old lines in Nurture for the ones that do. So, I have no idea what is causing this.

Pet ID: 6205428
- Nurture Page SS: Link
- Profile Page SS: Link
- Hatchery Page SS: Link

Example 2:
- Nurture Page: Link
- Pet Profile 01: Link
- Pet Profile 02: Link
- Pet Profile 03: Link
- Pet Profile 04: Link
- Pet Profile 05: Link
- Pet Profile 06: Link

Example 3: Random One on old lines out of batch of them.
- Effected Pet's Profile Page: Link

Notes: Those are not all the oddballs I saw. But they are the ones I took SS of for examples. o.o

But, I'm wondering if this is just a hiccup that may fix itself once these little guys are full grown. Or, if there may be something in the system with regards to how Nurturing is set up that's causing these random ones to revert back to the old lines; like if there is a daily cache for Nurturing features that gets wiped at daily reset or something. o.o
Edited By Midnightwolf001 on 3/5/2021 at 3:21 PM.
Earthprotector49
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 17
Posted: 3/5/2021 at 3:34 PM Post #75
Assuming you mean you couldnt pick traits other than the ones he originally had in whatever slots he originally had them (or the ones they are now in), I think that was on purpose, unfortunately 8/. I experienced the same thing with a few of mine 8[. *Nods*
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 3/5/2021 at 3:36 PM Post #76
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=97044&page=8#74
Author: Midnightwolf001
Time Posted: 3/5/2021 at 3:18 PM
Um, I noticed earlier when Nurturing that some of the baby Nytekrie are still showing their old lines on the Nurture page. Not all of them do this. But it seems to be a random occurrence for the ones that do. But, they show up properly on the new lines on their profiles and Hatchery, just not in Nurture for those random ones. I'll link examples below to show what I mean.

I first thought this was because I needed to clear my cache. Did that and it still happens randomly, my pink baby Nytekrie having been one of them. Then tried refreshing the Nurture page after seeing an oddball. But, nope, they still show the old lines in Nurture for the ones that do. So, I have no idea what is causing this.

Pet ID: 6205428
- Nurture Page SS: Link
- Profile Page SS: Link
- Hatchery Page SS: Link

Example 2:
- Pet Profile 01: Link
- Pet Profile 02: Link
- Pet Profile 03: Link
- Pet Profile 04: Link
- Pet Profile 05: Link
- Pet Profile 06: Link

Example 3: Random One on old lines out of batch of them.
- Effected Pet's Profile Page: Link

Notes: Those are not all the oddballs I saw. But they are the ones I took SS of for examples. o.o

But, I'm wondering if this is just a hiccup that may fix itself once these little guys are full grown. Or, if there may be something in the system with regards to how Nurturing is set up that's causing these random ones to revert back to the old lines; like if there is a daily cache for Nurturing features that gets wiped at daily reset or something. o.o

It's kind of hard to purge the hatchling image cache that's on the server. And since they grow up relatively fast, I tend to just leave it and let the issue resolve itself over a short period of time.

Since there were a few color swap changes, that alone should have shuffled up the URLs on the majority of hatchling images.

It is much easier to purge the adult cache and that was done, so this should just be an issue with hatchlings. Outside of static links people have on the Forums or on Bios, etc, all old cached images should be purged out within a week. And even then, IIRC, they should be purged after a couple of weeks. I think the hatchling cache doesn't refresh timers like adol/adult cache does (since those are 'forever' once a pet grows up).
Edited By Krinadon on 3/5/2021 at 3:38 PM.
Articu
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 146
Posted: 3/5/2021 at 3:41 PM Post #77
quote from the first post, under the 'Re-Generations' section: "In an attempt to limit the impact on the economy that the Re-Gen process has, we have changed things up a bit to be much more targeted."

this revamp is not like the past ones at all lol. in the past ones, you could pick the traits you wanted (that were in-game prior to the pet's creation) and go from there. it ended up tanking the economy, and caused inflation issues for a while after each revamp was released. this new way is designed so people can work with only what an existing nytekrie has instead, as you've both pointed out. while it may take a while to get used to moving forward, i do agree with krin that it stands a chance of lessening negative impacts on the pet economy :)

edit: i would guess that the issue he is most likely trying to lessen is people mass-breeding for massive profit because of the full regens we used to have
Edited By Articu on 3/5/2021 at 3:43 PM.
Midnightwolf001
Level 75
Candy Dispenser
Posted: 3/5/2021 at 3:51 PM Post #78
Ah, okay. That's very good to know. i thought it maybe something to do with the cache on the site. But wasn't sure. Am very glad to hear that it is just that and nothing else, and that it shall resolve itself in time. That is the best news ever, especially since I know you and all the staff involved in this update have been swamped as it is. But, I also appreciate all the work you all put in and these revamps look wonderful!
Edited By Midnightwolf001 on 3/5/2021 at 3:52 PM.
Earthprotector49
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 17
Posted: 3/5/2021 at 4:05 PM Post #79
Oh, I know. *Nods* Im perfectly fine with not allowing us to pick any trait slot(s) to fill on our revamped Nytes. *Nods again* What I did find somewhat disappointing was we could only choose the trait(s) they originally had from the list of possible ones for the given slot(s) that could be filled. Ill give you an example of what I mean. This girl originally had Mystic Feathers in her G1 slot:

Because the revamped version of that trait doesnt cover as much of the body as I would like, I would have liked to have been able to choose a different one that did (barring restricted ones, of course). But I couldnt. Same with her G2 slot. I would have liked to choose another trait that changed the look of her wings more than that particular one (Bearded Vulture) does, but again, I wasnt able to.
Edited By Earthprotector49 on 3/5/2021 at 4:19 PM.
Midnightwolf001
Level 75
Candy Dispenser
Posted: 3/5/2021 at 4:12 PM Post #80
I also wanted to say that I'm soo freaking happy over the Revamps of thee Nytekries! I spent a good deal of my morning regenerating some of my Lil-Ones to get them just the way I wanted them and also using essences and a few Mutators to tweak them and give them breeding mates. And I got to say, although twas a little confusing starting out with getting the colors exactly how I wanted them, I am "very" pleased with how they are turning out. I also absolutely love all of the new options for creation with this species. That, along with their line-art being updated is easily making the Nytekrie one of my favorites, if not favorite, species in-game! ^.^/

These are a few examples of some of mine that I regenerated to look as similar as possible to their old lines. And, I absolutely love the new lines wayy better than the older ones, even if they did look really cute on the older lines. ^~^/

PetID: 5579791

Name: Snow
PetID: 5530077

PetID: 5560698
Note: I plan to Regen this one in the future with an Essence or use a Mutator to add a Trait.

Note: More examples of my newest Regens and Generated Mates for them can be found in my Nytekrie Revamped Stables. Although I still have a lot of them to go through and redo, I'm enjoying taking my time doing so. ^-^/
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 7, 8, 9... 11, 12, 13
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.