Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 2/8/2021 at 7:06 PM Post #81
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=96534&page=6#58
Author: Trdoxie
Time Posted: 2/6/2021 at 5:17 PM
I have a question, using one of my Nytes as an example.

https://www.sylestia.com/view/pets/?petid=5164733

I name many of my pets using their traits, like this one is Ex PeaP MAbBgn Amy. With the revamp, my M2 trait will now move to M3 and the name will no longer match the trait positions. Will I have to purchase Philters of Amnesia for everyone that gets changed or can the pets that get re-gened also automatically get their name changed back to Un-named?

Also concerning the hidden traits, I understand the difficulty in changing these with the re-gen but just losing the hidden/carried traits is not good either, especially on themed pets that have been made during festivals. These carried traits were bought during whatever process that went along with each festival (growing, sculpting, etc). So can a carried/hidden trait be assigned by the generator at the end of the re-gen process to match the number of points the pet had prior to the revamp?

For a situation like this, just send me a PM post Revamp and I'll see what I can do.

I will continue thinking of what I can do regarding Hidden Traits, but I am limited with options because of how the current systems work.
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Posted: 2/8/2021 at 7:08 PM Post #82
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=96534&page=7#68
Author: Theialish
Time Posted: 2/7/2021 at 5:53 PM
Now I'm wondering a couple more things.

If I have two visible images of a nyte pair, as on my spring fest thread, and posted prior to 2/10 (today's Sunday 2/7)..

Will they auto-update to the new set when the revamp goes live?

Using my Darwin's Finch Nytekrie theme as an example, which uses FF/HH/GG/BB/CC/DD..

G2, HH Partridge, would move to G1, which conflicts with my current G1, FF Zebra Finch AND my G3 (GG Fairy Enchantment).

M2, CC Cockatoo Crest, would swap with M3, DD Spring Blossoms.

I would have to pick out a new G1, G2, AND G3!

Basing the theme on this image, what would the best gene selections be?

This, of course, is only for show in my spring designs thread, so I would love to see how the colors would change on both the new lineup and a potential secondary trait set.

Edit: G3 GG Fairy Enchantment is used to showcase A1, EFA477, with secondary choice BB Tribal Runes (which is being split into a 4-trait set).

Likewise, M3 (DD Spring Blossoms), showcases A2, B1A192, with secondary choices CC Lucky Dust (moved to M2 with DD Spring Blossoms) and M3 AA Stardust, which is ALSO moving to G2.

*also yay nyte gets irid as new trait like vorp and it's in g3 too as II (vorp has it as DD)*

No, image links on the Site won't be updated. Players will be responsible for updating those links themselves.

However, the artwork will auto update on its own when the Revamp happens.
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Posted: 2/8/2021 at 7:10 PM Post #83
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=96534&page=8#72
Author: Amanitan
Time Posted: 2/7/2021 at 7:36 PM
So you will not be able to choose new traits for the regen eligible pets? Dangit, I was hoping to get some new traits on my nytes without spending a ton of gold on disrupters and mutators. But now I have more drive to gain gold.

As is standard with Revamps, new Traits are not allowed to be selected in Re-Gens. This is to boost incentive to create new pets and start new projects with the brand new Traits.
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Posted: 2/8/2021 at 7:17 PM Post #84
So doing a site-wide ping for a lot of the same requests I've seen in the thread rather than respond individually a bunch of times to each one.

So, firstly, there's too many requests to see people's updated pets lol. You guys will just have to wait until the Revamp is live at this point. Sorry. =P

As for the issue regarding locked in Traits, I agree, and I will do as such. Meaning, you will retain the option to choose. A common example would be if a pet currently has Icicle Feathers and Stardust, the Re-Gen will allow them to choose either Icicle Wings or Stardust for their M2 rather than forcing the pet to retain Stardust.

I still have to finalize all of the code to do this, so nothing is quite 100% set in stone until I can write it all out and verify things are possible to work how I am intending. So I won't know 100% on everything until then.
Esc890
Level 72
Majestic Brewmistress
Threads: 88
Posted: 2/8/2021 at 9:01 PM Post #85
If a nyte has no vis traits, can it still regen? (Like, colors?)
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Posted: 2/8/2021 at 9:33 PM Post #86
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=96534&page=9#85
Author: Esc890
Time Posted: 2/8/2021 at 9:01 PM
If a nyte has no vis traits, can it still regen? (Like, colors?)

Every Nytekrie will at least be able to Re-Gen GC2, AC1, and AC2.
Xavion
Level 75
The Perfectionist
Threads: 434
Posted: 2/9/2021 at 12:15 AM Post #87
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=96534&page=9#84
Author: Krinadon
Time Posted: 2/8/2021 at 7:17 PM
So doing a site-wide ping for a lot of the same requests I've seen in the thread rather than respond individually a bunch of times to each one.

So, firstly, there's too many requests to see people's updated pets lol. You guys will just have to wait until the Revamp is live at this point. Sorry. =P

As for the issue regarding locked in Traits, I agree, and I will do as such. Meaning, you will retain the option to choose. A common example would be if a pet currently has Icicle Feathers and Stardust, the Re-Gen will allow them to choose either Icicle Wings or Stardust for their M2 rather than forcing the pet to retain Stardust.

I still have to finalize all of the code to do this, so nothing is quite 100% set in stone until I can write it all out and verify things are possible to work how I am intending. So I won't know 100% on everything until then.

<3 that's comforting and I hope the coding works out.

But it doesn't adress anything for a pets hidden traits?

Take this one for example, currently Ice Feathers and hidden Tribal Armor.
https://www.sylestia.com/view/pets/?petid=2194159

Will it default to only allowing ice traits (or the current m1/m3 for those slots) or will it also allow tribal armor traits?

Often for project pairs I will intentionally keep traits as hidden recessives while still intending to get the results on the offspring - especially if RNG is repeatedly unkind and the trait refuses to give me visibles for months on end; whether I'm settling with recessives out of desperation or intentionally stacking the odds against a less favorable, but still occasionally desired trait, I want that G. A pair with DG/DG for example will still give a 25% chance of GG in the sales offspring. If the G is removed entirely the trait is lost for the project, and as mentioned I usually settle for the 25% chance because RNG with recessives is mean. I'd rather have the option of setting a few to pure GG rather than see them all be overtaken by D

Also concerned with how "lost recessive" would affect pets like this:
https://www.sylestia.com/view/pets/?petid=6167841

Which have M1 Fairy Trait, another trait that has been split and quite frankly, the sole reason that pet and others like it have been bred to begin with.
Edited By Xavion on 2/9/2021 at 5:12 PM.
Vineyiea
Level 75
Guardian of the Realm
Threads: 187
Posted: 2/9/2021 at 8:39 AM Post #88
That's perfect-and fixes any issue I had, thank you!
Articu
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 146
Posted: 2/9/2021 at 8:56 AM Post #89
i'm very slow, someone please walk me through this >w>

say a nyte has visible or carried fairy adornment. will that nyte have the option of having fairy armor traits in all three mutation slots as visible or carried based on the original nyte, or will it remain as it only gets the body part of the armor?

also, if a nyte has visible or carried fairy enchantment, will that too be able to be split between the new move to g1 and g2 as visible or carried based on the original nyte, or will it only be able to go into one or the other?
Esc890
Level 72
Majestic Brewmistress
Threads: 88
Posted: 2/9/2021 at 9:06 AM Post #90
Ok, ty!
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 8, 9, 10... 17, 18, 19
This Page loaded in 0.013 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.