Players 2,411 375
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,241,199 1,270
Generated 656,170 19
Captured 1,190,409 63
Bred 6,394,525 1,188
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Groups, Guilds, Clubs, and Services > ~*~ DESIGNERS' CHALLENGE UNIVERSITY...
Page 63 1, 2, 3... 62, 63, 64... 68, 69, 70 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Arcaneapathy
Level 70
The Artistic
Threads: 34
Posted: 1/12/2022 at 7:56 PM Post #621
Lady Eboshi (Princess Mononoke)

altered:

Howl - bird form (Howl's Moving Castle)

critique:
The traits you chose all work very well together, but the colors are rather dull compared to his fiery (ha) reds and oranges. The G1 can barely be made out thanks to its similarity to C3-- I suggest changing one of those. I changed the C3 to an ashy color, since Calcifer is a fire demon.

orignal -> critique
Edited By Arcaneapathy on 1/13/2022 at 10:34 AM.
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 293
Posted: 1/12/2022 at 10:54 PM Post #622
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 1/13/2022 at 1:32 AM Post #623
please include what movies theirfrom! (great designs btw)
Pirana
Level 75
Candy Dispenser
Threads: 151
Posted: 1/13/2022 at 2:10 AM Post #624

~ Marnie ~
(When Marnie Was There)

~ Howl (Also Bird Form lol) ~
(Howl's Moving Castle)

Critique:
For your stunning design of Lady Eboshi, the only alterations I made were deepening the red to better match with the shade in the reference, and adding an M2 for your empty slot. I went with the Spring Blossoms mutation which will allow you to apply the purple from her hair bow without making it too distracting from the other aspects of the design. Plus it adds a lovely little accent to the rest of the design (:
Original :-: Altered

Edited By Pirana on 1/15/2022 at 4:18 PM.
Noha
Level 70
The Sweet Tooth
Threads: 43
Posted: 1/14/2022 at 10:37 AM Post #625
Critique
Marnie
I love both of your designs! the colors and traits on both go very well together. All I can say if to lighten the EC in Marnie. This just helps it bring in the more lighter colors I feel like the design is missing. Other than that, Great work!
Original----->critiqued

~Kodama~
Princess Mononoke

~Deidarabotchi~
Princess Mononoke

Edited By Noha on 1/14/2022 at 10:51 AM.
Revol
Level 75
Wondrous Warlock
Threads: 42
Posted: 1/18/2022 at 8:45 PM Post #626
Hey DCU members!
This is just a ping to let you all know that places will be a little late this week! They'll either be late tonight or early-ish tomorrow.
I hope to see you all then, and I wish you luck with your placements!
July11
Level 62
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 1
Posted: 1/19/2022 at 1:03 PM Post #627
Critique: For your Deidarabotchi design, I would suggest lightening the blue of M1 and M3. The spikes are more of a white or light blue color and you could use the Leafy Seadragon mutation to show that.
Original----->Edited

My Designs (Ive never watched anything Studio Ghibli, so bear with me):

Totoro Buscat Ferrikki

Sheeta from Castle in the Sky

Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 1/19/2022 at 3:03 PM Post #628
TOP 3
Studio Ghibli
Challenge

(PLEASE BE SURE TO READ EVERYTHING)

Hello all and welcome back to my 6 day work week! Apologies for the late contests but , this will be happening more often then not if I am too keep the club open so I hope you all understand!

Now onto the challenge! I loved seeing everyones entries and man did we have a good turn out this time! I loved seeing everyone's designs and I think this was a fun challenge personally. Remember if you ever have a challenge idea feel free to ping or DM me! Now lets get to these wonderful designs an`

(Remember if you are chosen, you need to claim your prize before the next deadline otherwise you will forfeit it.)

TOP CRITIQUER IS: Pirana

@Pirana- Please send me a CoD for 20k, you had a very good critique this time around, good job!

1st PLACE~
Arcane's
Design:

Princess Mononoke - Lady Eboshi

I think my favorite part about this design is the fairy petals, it's amazing how closely they replicate the petals on Lady Eboshi's outfit. I think adding the fairy tail in the second design was a great choice! It really highlighted those pale blues found at the very end of the outfit. It has a very nice and soft look that is just.. pleasing. Overall I think this is an amazing design - it really replicates the character you chose and is just a perfect representation. I love this design and great job and for a prize choose from these (1) (2) (3) (4) stables and pick a pair to get a baby from and send a CoD for 20k! In addition you may also look in Celticnuru's GROUP stable and pick a pet from there if you would like to forgo a pet from me.

2nd PLACE~
Noha's
Design:

Princess Mononoke - Kodama

Another Princess Mononoke design! Great choice of movie! Now although this design is simple it's mysterious and ethereal - with a weirdly endearing vibe to them. You perfectly replicated the Kodama and man do these designs look like they would fit right in with the other tree spirits. Adding in the leaf crown was a great touch on the lore - tree spirits need their leaves right?? Anyways this is an overall great design and it truly deserves to be featured in the top three. Great job this challenge and send me a CoD for 5k - keep up the great work!

3rd PLACE~
Hiraeth's
Design:

Howl's Moving Castle - Calcifer

I agree with thinking he looks like a tiny little dog, the vibes are defiantly there. I'm really glad with this design you gave it a dark backdrop to truly allow those oranges to shine - if you had made the whole design a bright orange I don't think it would have worked as well. I love both the before and after of this design - each have their own personality about them and both are great designs in their own rights! I really think this is a good design and the colors of oranges and yellows you chose too make him look firey is really amazing. Great job this challenge and send me a CoD for 5k - keep up the great work!

Mystery prize winner will be DMed shortly.
Edited By Limor on 1/19/2022 at 3:04 PM.
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 1/19/2022 at 3:24 PM Post #629
"Video Games" Challenge

In this challenge lets take a look at what many enjoy as a past time: video games. From games like minecraft or other big names like bioshock i'm sure theres many things you can choose. You can base design on characters, perhaps scenes in games or even items in games! It just has to come from or do with video games. I personally enjoy my little sim games (think planet zoo, sims) or little idle games (cozy grove, animal crossing) but I can't wait to see what you all enjoy!

Those who have opted out:

~Requirements~

1.)Your design must be based on something to do with video games.
2.) You must include the name/reference to what your think is from a video game (ie: minecraft: bee, cozy grove: pro pickaxe, sally face: Larry)
3.) You must include a reference photo.
4.) With in your design post, you must ping not only myself but the designer that posted directly before you only. Reason being, you must create a paragraph (3 to 4 sentences long) giving them friendly feedback and or suggestion on improvement on the design and or designs currently present at that time. Please include a copy of their design you are speaking about, along with a design of your own referencing the suggestions you made so they can see visibly what you are trying to say. (The only except is the first designer to post.)
4.) Designers, if someone critiques/comments on your design you must make an attempt to make the changes the critiquer is suggesting. It is through another's opinion/vision you can see what you haven't/couldn't see before and in so doing improve on what is already done. It is a way for you to learn how to take riskses and test yourself. When you have done so, place your altered piece next to the original so we can see the changes you made in comparison. (DO NOT COPY AND PASTE their direct suggested image and take it as your own. That will not help you improve in the slightest, but will be seen as a form of cheating/theft.)

~Rules/Guidelines~
1.) All core group rules are in play!
2.) Don't be afraid to ask for help, feedback and or anything. We are here for you!

~Example~

Dead By Daylight: Huntress

Hiraeth
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 187
Posted: 1/19/2022 at 3:54 PM Post #630
Final Fantasy 7: Midgar, City of Mako

Couldn't decide if i wanted to use frosty wind or not. :p
Edit:original
Edited By Hiraeth on 1/19/2022 at 10:02 PM.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 62, 63, 64... 68, 69, 70
This Page loaded in 0.017 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.