Players 2,428 405
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,232,914 1,434
Generated 655,906 93
Captured 1,189,720 106
Bred 6,387,196 1,235
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Groups, Guilds, Clubs, and Services > ~*~ DESIGNERS' CHALLENGE UNIVERSITY...
Page 62 1, 2, 3... 61, 62, 63... 68, 69, 70 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Arcaneapathy
Level 70
The Artistic
Threads: 34
Posted: 1/7/2022 at 10:46 AM Post #611
Absolutely stunning design! My first thought when reading this challenge was rambutans, and you've pretty much nailed it. One thing I suggest, however, is showing more of the flesh color and spike color rather than primarily the skin. The petal pollen doesn't add much, so I suggest changing or removing M1.

->

My design: Dragonfruit Aurleon

post edits:
Edited By Arcaneapathy on 1/7/2022 at 1:19 PM.
Hiraeth
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 187
Posted: 1/7/2022 at 11:27 AM Post #612
Critique:
I'm glad you went with a non-draconic species lol. Bit of an extra challenge! I do like the usage of imperial dragon scales. All of your mutations and genes are spot on. All I changed were the colors of the ornate wing guards to make them green like the dragonfruit shell? leaves, and deepened C3 - part of the pattern on wing guards pulls from C3, I just darkened it to increase contrast.
Edit:Yours

Grapefruit Smoothie Aeridini
(I hope it's okay I used a smooshed up fruit :p)

Noha
Level 70
The Sweet Tooth
Threads: 43
Posted: 1/8/2022 at 7:58 PM Post #613
Grapefruit Smoothie Aeridini
I love your design! the colors work really well together and the traits remind me of a freshly blended smoothy! All i can say to change would be to make the stomach a bit lighter. other than that, great job!
Original----->Edited

Dragonfruit Bulbori

Apple Ferrikki

Avocado Ferrikki

Durian Lupora

Critiqued

Edited By Noha on 1/12/2022 at 10:15 AM.
Pirana
Level 75
Candy Dispenser
Threads: 151
Posted: 1/12/2022 at 2:54 AM Post #614

~ Lychee Luffox ~

~ Cherimoya Sylvorpa ~

~ Mangosteen Puffadore ~

~ Ground Cherry Aeridini ~

~ Ackee Lighira ~

Critique:
All of your designs are absolutely lovely which made it hard to find anything to improve upon. The only critique I have is to perhaps change the color used on C2 for the Durian fruit Lupora design. Maybe to something with a more gold appearance. I personally feel that a more bright gold look would give off a similar glowing appearance to that of the reference shown for the Durian fruit. The center almost seems to shine in comparison to the outer skin.
Original :-: Altered

Edited By Pirana on 1/12/2022 at 5:09 AM.
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 293
Posted: 1/12/2022 at 2:23 PM Post #615
Winners + new challenge coming out soon, I worked last night :)
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 1/12/2022 at 2:34 PM Post #616
TOP 3
Fruits and Berries
Challenge

(PLEASE BE SURE TO READ EVERYTHING)

Hello all and welcome to the winners of the fruits and berries challenge! I hope you all enjoyed this challenge and don't mind it's coming out a day late, I had a rather long shift last night and was unable to find time for this haha. Anyways I loved how much participation we got in this challenge and I hope to see it for the next one as well!

(Remember if you are chosen, you need to claim your prize before the next deadline otherwise you will forfeit it.)

TOP CRITIQUER IS: Pirana

@Pirana- Please send me a CoD for 20k, you had a very good critique this time around, good job!

1st PLACE~
Chaos's
Design:

Rambutan

I adore how colorful this design is, from the brilliant red to the vibrant greens. This design looks *just* like the fruit you chose to reference. I love how you blended in some oranges in such an appealing way that it didn't fully take over the entirety of the design. This is an a-class design and truly deserves it's spot at first. Great job and for a prize choose from these (1) (2) (3) (4) stables and pick a pair to get a baby from and send a CoD for 20k! In addition you may also look in Celticnuru's GROUP stable and pick a pet from there if you would like to forgo a pet from me.

2nd PLACE~
Arcaneapathy 's
Design:

Dragon Fruit

Now what really drew me to this design was the speckles on the chest. They look just like the seeds in a dragon fruit and the colors you chose for the design as a whole is just spot on. Aurleon is not a species I would have chosen for dragon fruit but I think you made a great choice in selecting them as your species of choice. This is a very successful design and it really shows your talents as a designer. Great job and send a CoD for 15k please and keep up the good work, I look forward to seeing what you make in the future!

3rd PLACE~
Pirana's
Design:

Mangosteen

This is such a fun fruit and I think you did a great job designing it! Now I usually hate that g2 on the puffadores but I must say with this design it is truly fitting and helps your overall design look just like your fruit of reference! The little flower petal shapes really replicate how the ?berries? in the Mangosteen have the flower shape inside of them. This is a great design and truly a winner in my books. Great job this challenge and send me a CoD for 5k - keep up the great work!

Mystery prize winner will be DMed shortly.
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 1/12/2022 at 2:48 PM Post #617
"Studio Ghibli" Challenge

Hello and welcome all to the Studio Ghibli challenge. Whether you have watched these movies or not i'm sure we have all seen the iconic Kaonashi or perhaps pictures of the fun loving Totoro. With so many movies and characters to come out of this film studio I'm sure no one will run out of inspiration here. Now if you need help finding movies you can check their website or perhaps the wiki to better aid you in your designing. Now I can't wait to see what y'all come up with and look forward to seeing it !

Too note, for this challenge you don't have to use a male and female pair - feel free to submit just one of the other.

Those who have opted out:

~Requirements~

1.)Your design must be based on a Ghibli film or Character.
2.) You must include the name of Ghibli film or Character - if you choose a character you must include the name of the film they are in.
3.) You must include a reference photo.
4.) With in your design post, you must ping not only myself but the designer that posted directly before you only. Reason being, you must create a paragraph (3 to 4 sentences long) giving them friendly feedback and or suggestion on improvement on the design and or designs currently present at that time. Please include a copy of their design you are speaking about, along with a design of your own referencing the suggestions you made so they can see visibly what you are trying to say. (The only except is the first designer to post.)
4.) Designers, if someone critiques/comments on your design you must make an attempt to make the changes the critiquer is suggesting. It is through another's opinion/vision you can see what you haven't/couldn't see before and in so doing improve on what is already done. It is a way for you to learn how to take riskses and test yourself. When you have done so, place your altered piece next to the original so we can see the changes you made in comparison. (DO NOT COPY AND PASTE their direct suggested image and take it as your own. That will not help you improve in the slightest, but will be seen as a form of cheating/theft.)

~Rules/Guidelines~
1.) All core group rules are in play!
2.) Don't be afraid to ask for help, feedback and or anything. We are here for you!

~Example~

Kiki's Delivery Service: Kiki

Chaosincarnate
Level 67
Threads: 2
Posted: 1/12/2022 at 3:13 PM Post #618
~ Granmamare - Ponyo ~

Edited By Chaosincarnate on 1/13/2022 at 9:31 PM.
Chaosincarnate
Level 67
Threads: 2
Posted: 1/12/2022 at 3:30 PM Post #619
May I have an offspring from Open Seas and Wandering Jellyfish?
Hiraeth
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 187
Posted: 1/12/2022 at 3:35 PM Post #620
this challenge gives me life but i am Bad At making designs on characters

Howl's Moving Castle: Calcifer
he just really gives me tiny dog vibes

Original:Edit

Instead of lightening color 3, I lightened the g1. Now it looks like he stuck his nose in ash. I did originally mean for G1 to be a really subtle striping, but i agree it looks better lightened.

Critique: (didnt see top post when i posted, oop)
I literally can't find anything to critique about this. It's so pretty Q.Q all I did was change the mane mut because I thought the butterflies were a bit of an odd choice.
Original:Edit
Edited By Hiraeth on 1/12/2022 at 9:19 PM.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 61, 62, 63... 68, 69, 70
This Page loaded in 0.017 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.