Page 2 1, 2, 3 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 293
Posted: 10/1/2020 at 11:10 AM Post #11

Written and edited by Limor

So due to a lack of time in interviewing other people I decided that we can all take a look at my theme, the Malabar Squirrel Kelpari! Now before we get into it I have to show you all what this theme is based on:

The real squirrel that is native to India!

Now my mom showed me a photo of these guys back in around, May, and they just stuck with me. The multicolors just inspired me to make a design as soon as I saw them. In all honestly the kelp was a last minute thing, the original design I had was based off of grackles.

Too be perfectly honest with you all I wish I brought more blues into the design, when I made it I tried to avoid that due to the patriotic conation - which as this is a Squirrel, I didn't want. This design wasn't a total favorite of mine but it has grown on. The main thing I would change now if I could is those bright red wings. I wish now I could make them yellow or blue, but hindsight is 20/20.

I honestly wasn't expecting this design to get chosen, I was shocked when I saw it. Usually if I'm not completely happy it won't get chosen. I must say I am happy that it was chosen, mostly due to the fact that those squirrels are just amazing to me and I think its fun that everyone else can get a little look at some of earth's more vibrant mammals.

Remember to keep up the designing everyone, at some point you too will have a theme chosen if you keep working and improving your skills!
Edited By Limor on 10/1/2020 at 11:38 AM.
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 10/1/2020 at 11:10 AM Post #12

Written and edited by Soulshard

THE RYORI ROMP!
the Ryori Romp is a group consisting of people with at least one Ryori of any age. the creator of this group, Tori, has over 70 tagged Ryori ranging from Astral Wanderers to Grim Rose Ryori. the romp turned two on the 11th (sep). it has nearly 60 members and counting :). they have posted a large list of themed Ryori, the Ryori file from the gen and a trading bay for them to trade ryori with other players. their mascot, Ella, is featured in the club banner.

they always have their arms wide open, so if you have a Ryori in any condition or age, go check them out or even join them. your Ryori dont need to be themed, or even pure-bred! they just need to be a Ryori. they discuss breeding projects and anything Ryori.

Q&A with Tori

when did you start to think about this group?
- I started to think about the group the day I made it pretty much. I saw a few other species-themed groups and felt a little sad I didnt see a Ryori-based one, given theyre my all-time favourite pet on this site. I spent a few hours thinking of a catchy name for a Ryori group and immediately set about making one once I had a name for it.

are Ryori your over all favorite sylesti?
- Ryori are, indeed, my all-time favourite Sylesti! I absolutely love them, from their little ghost-aura eggs to their full grown ghostly selves. Its really neat to see how they took animal but also a ghost! I love their big ears and little clawed feet, and I especially love their ghost-aura neck halos and tails!

what was the original purpose for the Ryori Romp?
- The original purpose for the Ryori Romp is basically what you see it today. Its just a single thread people who love Ryori can chat together and show off their Ryori. Maybe trade, sell, or give away a few as well. I didnt have some sort of big plan for it, I just wanted a place to chat about my favourite Sylesti.

what is your favorite Ryori theme?
-Its a three way tie between the Fairy Gardens, the Mischievous Specters, and the Spring Rebirths. You tend to see a lot of darkly coloured, blue, or purple Ryori when you browse through their themes, which is honestly fair. Ryori are the only species on Sylestia that have a blue tinge to their rendering, as opposed to a solid gray. It makes designing themes with them a little harder than most others. But I absolutely adore how the Mischievous Specters and the Spring Rebirths not only manage to use lighter colours as their bases [I realize the Specters use black], but really make them work! The Fairy Gardens also use lighter colours, and I heavily appreciate it, but honestly? Im just partial to green and brown together on a design.

how many Ryori did you have when you created this group?
- I literally do not know how many Ryori I had when I started the RR, and I certainly have no way of knowing now. Im assuming a lot less than I have now, given Ive gone out of my way to fill some gaps in my collection!

do you think you should have done something else?
- I mean, overall theres nothing I cant do now that Im running the Ryori Romp. If I wanted I can still make fan groups for other pets, or run an art shop, or anything. It is just a forum thread in the long run, haha. If I was limited to only one fan group thread, though, my next choice would have been Sylvorpa. Good thing there is already a group for those.
Edited By Limor on 10/1/2020 at 11:43 AM.
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 10/1/2020 at 11:10 AM Post #13

Written by Limor, edited by Limor

With a return of this article lets wish the users below a happy birthday! These our the Sylestia September babies and here our a few facts about August Babies! Remember let us know if you want your or a friends birthday featured by DMing me, Limor! We take same month birthdays as posting as they can be edited in!

Birthstones:

Saphire

Squigles - September 1st

CeruleanCrow - September 4th

Rosegold - September 4th

RikaHeart - September 9th

AC9123 - September 12th

Lavenderrain - September 14th

Malas120 - September 16th

Stormclan666 - September 18th

Zapticuno - September 19th

LemonSoul - September 19th

Sleepycat - September 20th

Kaora - September 21st

BookishFlower - September 21st

Dragongem23 - September 23rd

4gwm - September 24th

Celticnuru - September 27th

Karma - September 29th

Edited By Limor on 10/2/2020 at 3:33 PM.
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 10/1/2020 at 11:10 AM Post #14

Hey all! For this Golden Breeds we have a quick statement by Kattya on the 6v Glistening Gem Bulbori!

"So being the designer of the bulb i want to max them, unfortunately my 6v have all been hatching quite contrary to the traits i want to take to max but alas thats projects for you xD the best thing to remember for projects is to get the traits you want in place fully vis before you start maxing, dont make my mistake xD xD xD"
Edited By Limor on 10/1/2020 at 2:53 PM.
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 10/1/2020 at 11:10 AM Post #15

Welcome all the third instillation of discovering music! For this time around we'll be looking to FIDLAR, one of my personal favorites!

We finally have a punk band y'all to get to get to get to know! This band has lots of fun, upbeat bops that are PERFECT to sing along too. The song that got me into the band was "40oz On Repeat". I first heard this song while riding in my friends truck on the highway, from that moment I grew to love the band. The song that is now my favorite is "West Coast". This song is just so fun and has that party punk vibes! Another one of my favorite songs from the band is "Awkward", which has a very nice tune and lyrics that are easy to learn! All in all I adore this band, their energy is wonderful and truly helps keep me upbeat!

What did you all think of last months band Skating Polly? Did you give them a listen? Let me know, I love hearing from our readers!
Edited By Limor on 10/1/2020 at 11:44 AM.
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 10/1/2020 at 11:10 AM Post #16

Written by Limor, Edited by Limor

Hello everyone, before I start with this month's Fast Facts, Im going to give a brief rundown on how it all works. To begin, Ill be stating some common facts that may or may not be true. Look out for next months edition to see whether or not your guesses were correct!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Example
True or False: Did most people actually believe the Titanic was unsinkable?
*You would now say whether its true or false and in next month's article
Answer: The answer is false. While some people probably did believe the Titanic was unsinkable because it did have some of the best safety designs of its time, the whole Titanic was an unsinkable ship came up after it sank. Rather, before it sank, more passengers cared about its luxury and size. In addition, while there were some advertisements claiming the Titanic was unsinkable, most of the advertisements mentioned its size and accommodations which prompted many wealthier to board the Titanic.
Last Months' Fun Facts
True or False: Napoleon was short.
True or False: Scotland's national animal is a unicorn.
False: Napoleon was short.
Napoleon was actually average height for his time! His height being recorded as 5'2 is due to the fact the French Inches are bigger then British Inchesm bringing that 5'2 up to around 5'7!

True: Scotland's national animal is a unicorn.
The Unicorn is Scotland's national animal! Much as how America has the eagle Scotland has the mystical Unicorn!
This Months' Fun Facts
True or False: You swallow eight spiders in your sleep every year.
True or False: Turnips were the first jack-o'-lanterns.
Remember to read next months edition to see if these facts were true, see you guys then!
Edited By Limor on 10/1/2020 at 11:49 AM.
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 10/1/2020 at 11:10 AM Post #17

Written by Larkien, edited by Limor

Note: Stories/ideas are not originally mine, but they are rewritten/edited by me.

You always hear the uneven footsteps first.

Drag.
Click.
Drag.
Click.

That's how you realize she's behind you. The heel of her left shoe is broken, and she drags it across the ground with every step. It alternates with the steady click of the other, intact, heel, against the pavement.

Help me, her whisper carries to you; a haunting plea.
Please, I'm hurt; help me!

Don't turn around. That's when she gets you.

Don't run, either. Shell still get you if you do, and when she does, its going to hurt.

At least, that's the rumor, anyway.
Every small town has at least one - a local legend that everyone knows and swears is true, because their sisters best friends cousins neighbors grandson actually encountered it and lived to tell the tale!

Ours was dubbed the Limping Woman, for her aforementioned distinct gait.
It was said that she was a teacher at the elementary school some decades before. Young, beautiful... and the victim of a murder. The story went that shed been walking home to her house one night after school, when she realized she was being followed. She sped up - and so did her pursuer, until both were running down this dark country lane with only open farmland on either side.

Her heel broke, and her ankle snapped, and she fell. And her pursuer became her murderer.
It was a slow, torturous affair, with a dull knife, and when the killer was done, he just left her to bleed out beside the road. She wasn't found until the next morning and, by then, all anyone could do was search for the person responsible.

Some believe the man was caught and dealt with not long after. Others think he or she is still at large, and that the Limping Woman, as the victim came to be infamously known, won't rest until her killer is caught.

I was always skeptical of the story. I'd passed the spot where she was supposed to appear a hundred times without incident, as had everyone else I knew. If a murderous ghost lived there, I was pretty sure I'd have seen her by now.

I mentioned as much to my friend Stefi when she brought up that a friend of a friend of a friend had met the Limping Woman during lunch at school one day.

It's true! She was out on the old highway a couple nights ago and saw her! Stefi insisted stubbornly.

If she actually saw her, wouldn't she be dead? I asked. I thought you weren't supposed to turn around.

Heard her, I guess, you know what I mean.

Sure, I said, rolling my eyes. It always frustrated Stefi that I didn't share her willingness to believe the unbelievable. So how'd she get away?

She said the words, duh!

Oh, right, the womans last words. Last words we all somehow know without ever having caught the one person who would have heard them.

We know them because the real killer was never caught. He mustve told people who told other people-

And suddenly everyone just knew to use them so they could magically ward off being killed, I finished for her.

Stefi shot me a frown. She loved all things spooky and supernatural, and spent a lot of time researching our local legends, especially that of the Limping Woman.

It's not magic, it just reminds her of her own mother, and she gets distracted by her grief and leaves you alone.

Okay, okay, I said, hoping that would be enough to put an end to the topic. It was an argument neither of us would win and I didn't feel like getting into it (again) over whether or not a ghost was real. Maybe if we were younger, but at fifteen, it would be too silly.

But Stefi, however, wasn't going to let me off so easily. They say she remains because they got the wrong guy and she's angry about it. Like, everyone knew it, but no one cared because they wanted to blame someone. Don't you feel at least a little bad for her? She must still be waiting for justice after all this time.

Stefi-

She only goes after people who don't believe in her, you know.

I didn't like the way Stefi said that, like she had an idea forming that I wouldn't approve of, and I shook my head.

Whatever it is, no.

We could go out there, out to the spot she haunts.

No, don't be dumb, I said.

You don't believe anyway, so what's the big deal?

I've walked past there a lot, ok? Nothing's ever happened.

Have you gone after dark? Stefi had started to smile.

No, but so what?

That's when she's active; going in the day doesn't count.

This is dumb, I said again.

We'll go tonight!

Every argument I had was met with questions of whether I was too afraid or Stefi mocking me for being chicken. She kept it up for the rest of lunch, through our shared science class, and then passed me notes in the halls between classes after that. By the time the final bell rang, she had worn me down.

But not because I believe she's there, I made sure she knew. I'm just going so you shut up.

The sun set just after five that evening. At seven, we met up on our bikes in front of my neighborhood. Her parents thought she was doing a project at mine, mine thought I was at hers, and we had two hours to ride out to the farm where the Limping Woman was said to haunt and get back before they started trading phone calls.

We peddled hard and fast, leaving behind the glow from windows and streetlamps until only darkness surrounded us. With only moonlight to guide us, we rode our way across town and passed into the outskirts, where the insects were louder, the stars brighter, and the safety that came from feeling like you were surrounded by other people fell away.

It was hard not to feel entirely exposed out on that road, where flat fields rolled off into the distance on either side. There was the occasional barn or farmhouse set some ways off across the fields, but otherwise, it really was just us and the night, which was beginning to feel colder by the minute.

Up ahead, Stefi said from behind me, See the cross? That's the marker for her.

We skidded to a stop a few yards away from it and exchanged a glance almost lost in the shadows.

Scared? She asked, breathless with excitement.

No, I said. It was an honest enough answer. I was nervous, sure, but who wouldn't be when you're outside after dark?

Remember, if you turn around, she gets you. If you try to run, she makes it worse. Just stand still when she's close by and say the words.

Stefi spoke so seriously that I had to stifle a giggle. It was ridiculous! I kept trying to tell that to all the butterflies stirring in my stomach, but it didn't do much good.

We climbed off our bikes and set them on their kickstand. Stefi groped about for my hand and entwined her fingers with mine. She was shaking.

Ready?

Let's just get it over with, I replied.

We walked up to where the cross was placed and paused. Stefi squeezed my hand and took in a slow, shuddering breath. Her fear was starting to have an effect on me, quickening my heartbeat, but I squared my shoulders and clenched my jaw and took a step forward.
We crept along the roadside, careful to keep our eyes pointed straight ahead. Stefi kept reminding me in a trembling whisper that looking anywhere else could lead to trouble.

A minute or two passed, it couldn't have been longer despite feeling like it, and nothing seemed to happen. My fear began to ebb, replaced by an admittedly relieved giddiness that I had been right and I almost turned to Stefi to say I told you so.

And then I realized how quiet it was.
All the insects that had been singing loudly when we arrived had gone silent. There were no distant calls from night birds, no breeze passing over us, nothing.

Just the sound of our own breathing.

To my surprise, Stefi sighed, disappointed. I wondered if she realized how quiet everything had become. How could she not feel how claustrophobic it had become out on that open road, how closed off we were in the dark and the silence?

I wanted to ask her, but the question was like a knot in my throat that I couldn't untangle.
Behind us, grass rustled, followed by the crunch of loose gravel underfoot. Like someone was pulling themselves slowly out of the field and onto the road.

Drag.
Click.
Drag.
Click.

Every hair on my body stood up at once.

Rina? I hadn't realized that my grip on Stefis hand had tightened so much. I could feel her eyes on me, but couldn't bring myself to look at her.

From somewhere over my shoulder, a woman started to sob softly.

Help me, she cried plaintively.

Rina? Stefi said again.

S-she's coming, I managed to whisper.

Instead of being scared, Stefi snorted. Real funny. I get it, ok? The Limping Woman is just made up; I'm convinced now. You don't have to rub it in.

Drag.
Click.
Drag.
Click.

The unmistakable sound of someone inching towards us, slowly, painfully, crying out with each step.

Please, she begged, I'm hurt and he's still out there.

Stefi, I hissed, tears burning in my eyes, she's coming!

There must have been something in my voice, a tightness that only true terror could cause, that convinced my friend that I wasn't just pretending. She grabbed my forearm with her other hand and clutched it until her nails were digging into my skin.

She only goes after people who don't believe, Stefi said. That must be why-

What do I do? I begged, my mind white and blank.

My entire body was screaming to run, to get away from that thing that was getting closer and closer, but Stefis firm grasp and my own mounting dread held me in place.

Please, the Limping Woman sobbed, Turn around. Help me!

The words, Stefi said hurriedly, you have to say the words when she's right behind you!

What words? I wanted to scream, but I couldn't speak or think, I could only hear her.

Drag.
Click.
Drag.
Click.

The legend said you'd hear her uneven footsteps and be forced to listen to her pleas, but no one ever mentioned the smell. The stench of rot and earth and blood oozed through the air, slowly surrounding me and wrapping itself around me like the tentacles of some underwater horror, smothering me. I gagged and pressed my free hand over my mouth and shook my head violently, trying to clear it, trying to make sense of things.

Stefi was jerking on my arm and saying something to me, over and over again, but I could barely hear her over the Limping Womans cries. The smell was getting so strong, making my stomach pitch and heave until I thought I'd be sick.

I leaned heavily on Stefi and she pulled me in close so that her lips were beside my ear. Through the veil of panic and nausea, I heard her scream.

Say the words!

Drag.
Click.
Drag.
Click.

The Limping Woman was so close behind us now that I could feel the chill radiating off of her.
The words, I thought. I had to say the words.

It just reminds her of her own mother and she gets distracted by her grief and leaves you alone, I heard Stefis voice from the previous day echo in my head.

Her mother. The words remind her of her mother. The Limping Womans last words.

P-please, bile rose in the back of my throat, my mothers waiting for me.

The footsteps stopped and were replaced by a high pitched, heart wrenching keen.

From somewhere off in the night, a dog started to howl.

Insects began to sing again. The wind whistled across the field. Sounds of normalcy. Of life.

The Limping Woman continued to screech while I found my legs again and, with Stefi in tow, tore back to the bikes. I never once looked up from the ground. The only thing I saw as we darted by was a pair of feet in torn stockings and pumps, the heel of one of which was missing.

We didn't stop riding until we made it back to my lawn and, when we got there, I raced to the bushes on the side of the house and vomited.

Stefi claims she didn't hear or see anything that night, but she believes that I did. She believes that I encountered the Limping Woman. I tried to come up with some kind of rationalization for it, like power of suggestion or something, but when I think back to those footsteps and those sobs and that final scream, I know that there is only explanation.

And now I, too, believe in the Limping Woman.
Edited By Limor on 10/1/2020 at 11:50 AM.
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 10/1/2020 at 11:10 AM Post #18

What is a Cryptid?
A Cryptid is an animal/creature whose existence is unsubstantiated, or not proven by evidence. (ie. Bigfoot, Yeti, Vampire)

Cactus Cat
So this cryptid, as the name implies, it a cat who's fur is a cactus! The cactus cat resides in the desert - usually in Southwest America - and it a lonesome creature as most cats are. Sightings of the cat are rare so little is known about then - but what is known is truly mystical.

Appearance
The cactus cat is said to look like a bobcat from afar, similar in shape and height. It's fur is sharp and jagged, so not exactly a cactus but the sharp thing hairs giving the cat it's name. It has boney legs, literally. Sharp bones are supposed to protrude from it's legs - making loud grating noises as it walks. It's tail is said to be branchlike, breaking off into multiple stems like a tree.

Powers and Abilities
As a creature of the desert the cactus cat has many interesting abelites allowing it to thrive in the harsh conditions it calls home.

1. Finding Water - The cactus cat is known to do this in a strange way. According to legend it will slash open a cacti, letting the cacti's sap spill out for a drink. The cat reportedly wait for the cacti juice to ferment in the summer heat and then get intoxicated, leading to attacks being rare.

2. Wail - The cactus cat has a unique 'wail' that has been reported to be similar to a puma's. It has been described as lonesome and haunting, leaving those who here it wondering what could have made such a sound.

3. Barbed Tail - The cactus cat's branch tail is covered in barbs, allowing it to be used as a weapon that can help in hunting for small desert rodents. The tail is also known to be whipped fast enough to leave welts on the human skin.

Encounter with the Cactus Cat
A lonesome pioneer travelled across the desert, the moon high and bright - illuminating the surroundings. He wasn't paying to much mind, only thinking of stopping to make camp for the night. It not to long he came to a dip behind a rocky dune, close to a cactus mind you. He didn't notice the small creature sitting in front of that cacti until after lighting his campfire. He went to take a swig out of his water canteen and noticed the "cat". The cat hissed, it's fur appearing to almost.. blend in with the cactus - how he was not sure. The cat stalked forward nervously and when we reached his hand out he was met with a stinging wack on the palm - which someone left a welt. With a loud wail the cat darted off into the night - leaving the man to wonder what he just encountered.
Edited By Limor on 10/1/2020 at 11:51 AM.
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 10/1/2020 at 11:11 AM Post #19

Behind the scenes will return next month!
Edited By Limor on 10/1/2020 at 11:51 AM.
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 10/1/2020 at 11:11 AM Post #20

Written by Harajuko, edited by Limor

Welcome to another month of Pet Share! There were some lovely entries submitted this time, so let's showcase them!

Blixlove:
Hi, this is just a fun story on good luck.
I had decided to breed Thorn and Lilac Cloud, because the both had a marking that I liked
Here they are

Thorn

Lilac Cloud

I absolutely love the coloration of the father not so much the mother, but this is what I got!!

An exact replica of the male but female!!!!
I am so happy :3

Animaspectra:

Show off sylesties, you say?

Alrighty then!

I have like 20 max stats and a couple supers lol

"Oh hello there, I didn't see you!"

This is Day, one of my two super Ferrikkies.

This wasn't her original color palette, because I dyed him/her.

"Spells ready, armor good.. Who's there?!"

Here's Jeb, the other super Ferrikki.

I'm in the midst of dying him, but I've put that on hold.

"I'm just your normal Lunemara. Totally normal.."

Next up, we have Magu'manoko Faiahato!

She was my first ever legendary, and she has restricted traits too!

"Torchlight coming through the darkness, that is what you've always been~"

Oh, this is Unbreakable!

His name is a reference~

"Ugh.. Rosesoul ran off again."

Don't worry, Natureguard Roseheart!

You're still one of my favs!

"Aren't the stars so mystical?"

My newest majestic tagged, Prince Niviro of Univea, is here too!

Just need to find a mate for him..

"I demand time with my new child!"

Gosh, Kamatsumi the Divine.

You're still the first of your kind.. I'm pretty sure.

"More fins, more friends.. right?"

Hello there, Adamantem.

You might need to calm Kamatsumi down..

I have a lot more than this, but I don't want this to turn into a novel.

Anima out!

Hiraeth:

I'll share my favorite two!
Impulsive Dye Job

I was bored and had a lot of dyes, so I made this guy. I'm pretty sure a few people have impulsive dye jobs of their own!
1st 6v Summer Meadow

He was bred a while back, but he's still my proudest breeding achievement to date. :) 1st 6v Summer Meadow Nephini on the site!

Miroh:

Storming Heart of Neptune!
"Ige uri tang, tang, tang-tang..."
My very first majestic, named by Sairento! I'm so proud of this girl :)

District 9!
"Yeogin. Urin. Guyeog District 9."
Ahhh finally, my first 6-vis Winter's Chill project baby! I love her name as well ^-^

Higher Jeo Wiro Gallae
"Higher jeo wiro gallae, higher deo nopi nallae..."
She's my very first 6-vis fabled, bred by me as well! Now I just have to get her a mate for my project...

Un-named
"Jom deo barakhae igoseul run away-"
My very. First. 3-vis. Fabled tagged. I'm still in shock...he's the result of a trade with Fennimage666 and I am super pleased with him :D

lavender

My first 6vis pet whomst I got from an egg I bought

~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks to everyone who shared!
Edited By Limor on 10/1/2020 at 11:59 AM.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.