Author Thread Post
Theialish
Level 70
Warden of Umbra
Threads: 60
Posted: 3/18/2020 at 4:47 PM Post #41
Nice!

Also, I found a glitch.

I was playing Lucky Draw when had to get off.

Later, something strange happened.

I was guranteed to get the 10 card AND bet correctly!
Username120430
Level 70
The Sweet Tooth
Threads: 27
Posted: 3/18/2020 at 9:14 PM Post #42
Hey this Lucky Draw game is actually fun :D Are we always playing against an AI?
Edited By Kyts on 3/18/2020 at 9:14 PM.
Nabiki
Level 62
Majestic Brewmistress
Threads: 96
Posted: 3/18/2020 at 10:17 PM Post #43
Not bothering with any of it.
Katty
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Threads: 204
Posted: 3/19/2020 at 12:40 AM Post #44
Can it stay around to play outside this event Krin? xD i get bored when events end and this would be the kind of game that would keep me here playing for prizes instead of playing something else
Taptothebeat
Level 71
Candy Dispenser
Threads: 212
Posted: 3/19/2020 at 1:43 PM Post #45
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=86918&page=2#19
Author: Krinadon
Time Posted: 3/13/2020 at 9:57 PM
[quote=2037294]

I see this said a lot. The biggest concern typically is the strain on the health care system, not necessarily the mortality rate of the virus itself. The closest comparison this has is to influenza. However, compared to influenza, this is exponentially more contagious in many ways. To further compound the issue, it has a much higher chance of causing complications - especially those that require hospitalization. When you put the two together, you can end up with thousands of people going to all the hospitals all at one time. Generally, hospitals only provide a handful of beds per thousand people. It doesn't take much to overload the system and that's when you start running into issues. Also keep in mind, it's not like all other issues have stopped. Everyone else is still having to use hospital beds as they normally would. So the virus is on top of everything else. I believe, in the United States, occupancy in hospitals hovers around 60-70% generally this time of year.

So that's the main reason for so much shut down and closures - trying to calm the spread of the virus so that the health care system can keep up with those who need medical attention and not run out of hospital beds (or overwork health care workers too severely).

@Volinolona,
To add to this:

- In Italy the hospitals could not take the overload. They had so few ventilators they made the decision to give the ventilators to the young instead of the old. Basically choosing who shall live and who shall die. The US also does not have enough ventilators.

- While the hospitals are overwhelmed with COVID-19 cases, other care will not be available. Already we are seeing non-emergency procedures being postponed. Additionally, healthcare workers will be moved to where they are needed, leaving some communities vulnerable.

- For coronavirus, those that are obese are high-risk, which is roughly 1/3 of America, 100 million people. This also does not account for those who are older than 60, etc., who are also high risk.

- It's sad that people are ignoring social distancing. But for the masks, it's actually recommended for the general public to *not* be wearing masks unless they are sick. Hoarding masks quickens shortages in hospitals. Hospitals in the US are already low on masks and gloves and accepting donations. If healthcare workers become patients themselves, we're in trouble. Purell and frequent handwashing is recommended, along with wiping down surfaces you use frequently.

- For people to hoard toilet paper in the US is, as you correctly mention, irrational. Originally when COVID-19 was spreading in China and Hong Kong, China was shutting down its factories, including toilet paper factories that supplied Hong Kong with toilet paper. So in Hong Kong panic lead to people hoarding toilet paper. For the US, it's a misinformed response from seeing the aforementioned Hong Kong experience on the news.
Humans can be irrational creatures. :(
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,122
Posted: 3/19/2020 at 4:32 PM Post #46
Made some additional updates to Lucky Draw. I added some Leaderboards for Longest Win Streak, Lifetime Points Won, and Average Points Per Game. There are no prizes or anything attached to these, they are just for fun.

I also added more prizes to the Prize Board. I still may add more, but am going to redirect my focus elsewhere for the time being so can't promise this.

Also, as some may notice, I am experimenting with some ads underneath the game itself. We have never really had a presence of ads for a feature such as this, so I am wanting to see how ads perform in such an environment.

I hate ads. I really do not like them and do not like to use them. That's why they have been so 'hidden' throughout our features. Sadly though, they can provide very helpful boosts to revenue for the site and I would like to see how they perform in such an environment as Lucky Draw.

If you have ads disabled via your Diamond purchases, that will still apply here and the ad space will not even exist for you.

I do apologize for the ads, but please just bear with them here so I can just get a base point of their actual potential for Sylestia in a high traffic area. Just try and keep in mind that any revenue helps keep the site going and helps me further invest into Sylestia's future.
Metachemist
Level 70
Candy Dispenser
Threads: 35
Posted: 3/19/2020 at 4:41 PM Post #47
I dislike ads as much as the next person, but it's really helpful to me to know that when I play Sylestia I'm not just using up bandwidth and server space and giving nothing back, even when I'm not in an a position to buy gems.
(Also, thank you very much for the new minigame.)
Fox
Level 75
Master Sylestiologist
Threads: 398
Posted: 3/19/2020 at 4:43 PM Post #48
I disliked ads but Sylestia is the only site I have whitelisted so I can support you guys in some way.

I don't mind the ad below the game at all, especially knowing it might help you a little extra this month.
Beaubuddyz
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 157
Posted: 3/19/2020 at 5:15 PM Post #49
Cool features, Krin!
Sookiejane
Level 70
The Tender
Threads: 5
Posted: 3/19/2020 at 5:15 PM Post #50
I don't mind clean ads at all! :)
I totally understand it costs time (and money) to keep the site running smoothly and we all appreciate you for what you do!
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6... 10, 11, 12
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.