Forum Index > News and Announcements > Fortune Event Overview
Page 2 1, 2, 3... 10, 11, 12 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Volinolona
Level 75
Guardian
Threads: 10
Posted: 3/13/2020 at 4:12 PM Post #11
Heh. A fortune event starting on a Friday the 13th. XD Before I jump into the Lost Grove and spend all my time running around like a headless chicken, are the Keepers of the Clover both random spawns I can encounter just grinding in the Grove, or are they like Named spawns? Figured it out. :P

On the note of the Coronavirus... I honestly feel like it's being blown way out of proportion by the media and the general public. I also really don't understand why people are reacting the way they have been. Stores are running out of toilet paper, but not canned foods? *sigh* There's actually been a supposed confirmed case in my county, but... Everything honestly seems entirely normal here. Minus the toilet paper shortage. There's been no change in activity on the road outside my house, I've seen plenty of people walking around outside, and no very few people are wearing masks. In fact, the only mask I saw was at the vet's office when I took Molly in the other day - poor thing is getting old - and that could have been for an entirely different reason. (Have you ever tried filing a dog's nails without a mask?)

Anyways, the online worlds are a good haven from the craziness that is the outside world and Sylestia certainly is one of the finer distractions. ^_^
Edited By Volinolona on 3/13/2020 at 4:48 PM.
Katty
Level 75
Trickster
Threads: 200
Posted: 3/13/2020 at 7:05 PM Post #12
I think the main freak out is cause it can be spread without you even knowing you have it. My sister has a confirmed case as do my nieces all from a source that didnt know they were sick. My sister has been moved to the ICU today cause the dr that visited thursday heard a noise in her lungs(pneumonia probably) and has said its worse today. Having them all in hosp would be better for everyone

as for the toilet paper shortage? yeah i cant explain that one <.<

anyways thank you Krin for your kind words and the event ^-^ it will be something to do sides WoW for awhile
Lapo
Level 65
The Perfectionist
Threads: 92
Posted: 3/13/2020 at 7:11 PM Post #13
I'm so sorry about your sister and nieces! I hope they feel better. Yes, this is a big deal. I went to the orthodontist today and there was literally no one in the waiting room. I've seen less cars going down my street than I ever have. Maybe it's just because I live in the country? I'm stocked up on food and have an extended spring break - because of the coronavirus. It's been sort of... scary? Or maybe it's just because I'm a wimp. Ah, what a great time to be a person.
Edited By Opalfirelight on 3/13/2020 at 7:12 PM.
GoldGryphon
Level 75
Guardian of the Realm
Threads: 74
Posted: 3/13/2020 at 7:23 PM Post #14
Adding my Keeper dropping only one ticket piece:
Volinolona
Level 75
Guardian
Threads: 10
Posted: 3/13/2020 at 8:02 PM Post #15
Mm. Yes, asymptomatic people are a concern. Most of the panic I'm seeing, though, is people acting like this is the next Ebola and is going to sweep through the family on a murder spree - which it's not. Any illness is dangerous, of course, but they're making it out to be a fast-spreading, extremely fatal plague. I hope your family has a swift recovery, though. <3

On the note of the Keepers, I had one that dropped a ticket earlier rather than two too, but I forgot to SS. *facedesk*
Katty
Level 75
Trickster
Threads: 200
Posted: 3/13/2020 at 9:47 PM Post #16
Will the dungeons drop tickets too Krin?
Krinadon
Level 75
Guardian of the Realm
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,117
Posted: 3/13/2020 at 9:51 PM Post #17
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=86918&page=1#7
Author: WickedImpulse
Time Posted: 3/13/2020 at 1:50 PM
Oh, Krin, I think the keepers are only dropping one ticket piece instead of two.

This should be fixed and they should now be dropping x2.
Krinadon
Level 75
Guardian of the Realm
Site Administrator
Posted: 3/13/2020 at 9:52 PM Post #18
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=86918&page=2#16
Author: Katty
Time Posted: 3/13/2020 at 9:47 PM
Will the dungeons drop tickets too Krin?

Yep. They should be.
Krinadon
Level 75
Guardian of the Realm
Site Administrator
Posted: 3/13/2020 at 9:57 PM Post #19
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=86918&page=2#11
Author: Volinolona
Time Posted: 3/13/2020 at 4:12 PM
Heh. A fortune event starting on a Friday the 13th. XD Before I jump into the Lost Grove and spend all my time running around like a headless chicken, are the Keepers of the Clover both random spawns I can encounter just grinding in the Grove, or are they like Named spawns? Figured it out. :P

On the note of the Coronavirus... I honestly feel like it's being blown way out of proportion by the media and the general public. I also really don't understand why people are reacting the way they have been. Stores are running out of toilet paper, but not canned foods? *sigh* There's actually been a supposed confirmed case in my county, but... Everything honestly seems entirely normal here. Minus the toilet paper shortage. There's been no change in activity on the road outside my house, I've seen plenty of people walking around outside, and no very few people are wearing masks. In fact, the only mask I saw was at the vet's office when I took Molly in the other day - poor thing is getting old - and that could have been for an entirely different reason. (Have you ever tried filing a dog's nails without a mask?)

Anyways, the online worlds are a good haven from the craziness that is the outside world and Sylestia certainly is one of the finer distractions. ^_^

I see this said a lot. The biggest concern typically is the strain on the health care system, not necessarily the mortality rate of the virus itself. The closest comparison this has is to influenza. However, compared to influenza, this is exponentially more contagious in many ways. To further compound the issue, it has a much higher chance of causing complications - especially those that require hospitalization. When you put the two together, you can end up with thousands of people going to all the hospitals all at one time. Generally, hospitals only provide a handful of beds per thousand people. It doesn't take much to overload the system and that's when you start running into issues. Also keep in mind, it's not like all other issues have stopped. Everyone else is still having to use hospital beds as they normally would. So the virus is on top of everything else. I believe, in the United States, occupancy in hospitals hovers around 60-70% generally this time of year.

So that's the main reason for so much shut down and closures - trying to calm the spread of the virus so that the health care system can keep up with those who need medical attention and not run out of hospital beds (or overwork health care workers too severely).
AC9123
Level 70
Trickster
Threads: 145
Posted: 3/13/2020 at 11:05 PM Post #20
Important Note: Pookas can only be encountered if you are using a party of Pets no higher than Level 59. This also applies to incrementing the encounter bonus!

Wait- so if I have even one pet over 59 it won't work? T.T

with my level 0, 0, and 6 team I died quite easily
Edited By AC9123 on 3/13/2020 at 11:07 PM.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 10, 11, 12
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.