Forum Index > Battle Discussion > Help Me Improve My Team
Page 1  
Author Thread Post
Beaubuddyz
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 157
Posted: 2/29/2020 at 10:25 AM Post #1
Okay, I've lost the same battle for days. Could you guys look at my team and tell me what I can do to improve? (switch pets out, get rid of pets, etc.) (images are clickable) (you can look at the rest of my stable to recommend switching out pets and stuff)

Millie

Jaiden
Duckbunny427
Level 69
Nature Walker
Threads: 66
Posted: 2/29/2020 at 6:37 PM Post #2
Get rid of both and start with two new Sylesti. Make one a wind element and upgrade strength. Make the other an earth element and upgrade health. Put the earth element on in your first slot. If you unlock a third slot, I recommend Fire element and upgrading intelligence.
Scathreoite
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 83
Posted: 2/29/2020 at 6:41 PM Post #3
As I went over here
- Your party's elements/ party order
- your pets' proficiencies
- your pets' equipment

Water in slot 1 as tank, with Str/Agi-based equipment (typically Assassin), preferably rare-epic quality if you can't get any legendary (leg. equipment under lv25 can only really be gotten from boss drops, and as such are hard to come by), preferably lv 15 or 20, and all 4 equipment slots filled.
Prior to lv30, it might be more sensible to have her prof in HP or Agi, since, as I mentioned previously, water doesn't have an HP-absorbtion attack until then, and as a tank they need survivability (high HP to sponge attacks, high agility to dodge attacks- You can generally put in on str/int once you're past lv30, to boost the effectiveness of the moves, but until then...)

You had Hazel before and have swapped to Jaiden, who is an air pet
He has currently got no equipment, which is seriously hindering him, and has his prof point in HP, which is not where an attacker pet (fire & air elements) need it. He needs it in Strength so he can deal more damage, and failing that, Dex, so he has a higher crit chance to inflict the bleeding debuff on his opponents with.
He needs Str/Dex-based equips (Myrmidon), comments on equip level/rarity apply here too.
Beaubuddyz
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 3/1/2020 at 10:03 AM Post #4
Thanks! The only thing is that your advice is completely different... What do you think would work best for me?
Duckbunny427
Level 69
Nature Walker
Threads: 66
Posted: 3/1/2020 at 12:05 PM Post #5
I would recommend starting over. What you are doing right now might work for a bit, but might hurt you later on. Ive started over several times to get a super powerful team.
Scathreoite
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Posted: 3/1/2020 at 2:23 PM Post #6
My advice is... exactly what it was (aside from saying to equip an air pet as an air pet, rather than saying to equip a fire pet as a fire pet), unless you mean it's completely different from Duckbunny427's advice.

And frankly, what team you use is up to you. I think they might be of the opinion that you shouldn't use your starter and a random wild pet because... what, you'll probably swap them up later on when you reach the Lost Grove?
That they're saying you should make your team element setup different?

And hey, maybe you will swap out the current pets later (I personally don't have my starter on my Main team anymore, but I am still slowly ranking his attacks up in the LG because I like him and want to, and the other members of my old team, which carried me through to Astryl's Tranquility, still get their pride-of-place spots in my first stable. They were the first pets I caught, and just because they have lower base stats and I don't use most of them for battle anymore doesn't mean I have to abandon them) but in the end that's up to you.
Yes, your current ones have lower-end stats on the over-all, but that isn't really a problem until you hit the LG, where higher base stats can make life a lot easier (it isn't impossible with lower stat pets, just harder, and would require more dedication and careful strategy). And even then, even if/when you swap them out for a different main team, you can still use them when a Seasonal Fest Zone opens.

What elements you use is up to you (and you can swap the element that any given pet has for a fee, just like you can change their profs, if you want to still use the pets but want a different element). My main tank is an earth pet, but some people can't get the hang of them at all. I personally haven't been able to work out how to use a shadow tank properly yet.
My main and secondary teams are earth/light/air and water/light/fire, and since I've raised the both of them I can swap them around as I like, which is handy.
Beaubuddyz
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 3/1/2020 at 3:22 PM Post #7
Okay, if I were to start over, what pets should I use? (feel free to look at my stables)
Scathreoite
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Posted: 3/1/2020 at 5:03 PM Post #8
I mean, at this point you really don't need pets with 'high' stats? All of the stuff before the Lost Grove is perfectly doable with the average wild-caught pets (the final boss before you unlock the LG is tough, certainly, but absolutely possible for a team of three wild-caught pets, since that's what I myself used in that fight).
But if you actually wanted to change your team (I do know not everyone feels great attachment to their starter) to be 'high stat', or even 'middling stat', yo don't own any pets with stats that high (if one counts 40-69 'middling', and 70-99 'high', with 100 obviously being 'max')) then that is, of course, something you can do.
From your stables, the best you have stat-wise at the moment is this nixi with base 30 stats (though you'd need to gain another level to use him since he's lv23), followed by Millie herself and Charlotte (if you used her as a fire attacker or a light healer at any rate).

I'd suggest maybe waiting until you reach Sanctuary of Saerielle (where you can unlock the third party slot), then maybe working out what tank element works best for you (as I mentioned, my own main tank is Earth, I favour it most, secondary team's tank is water, can't get a proper handle on shadow. Other people would swear by shadow and not have a clue what to do with earth. Prof points on Tanks are also the most variable between people (and pets! Munir, my starter, is a water pet and has a different setup from our secondary tank, because the differences in their stats means he needs a different setup to compensate despite having the same element)

Teams are typically Tank-Healer-Attacker setup (Tank: Water/Shadow/Earth (or Tank/Healer: Light) - Healer: Light (or Buffer: Water) - Attacker: Air/Fire), though certainly not always. I personally did the first three regions with water/air/fire (though that was before the proficiency overhaul, and things worked differently back then, though it can still be a decent setup if you know what you're doing. (It's kind of awful trying to get through the Caves in the LG to reach the bosses with that setup though. Good against the Bosses, not necessarily the random enemies that get in the way getting to them. Easier to use Light/Air/Fire, in our opinion))
Beaubuddyz
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 3/2/2020 at 2:13 PM Post #9
Thank you so much! Your help is greatly appreciated!

This Page loaded in 0.010 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.