Forum Index > Q&A (Newbie Friendly) > BATTLES
Page 1 1, 2 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Beaubuddyz
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 157
Posted: 2/26/2020 at 3:06 PM Post #1
Okay, in battles people have used TONS of things against me. (elixirs and stuff) When I tried to find any of these things, I found out that they cost diamonds. As a newbie, I don't have diamonds. Is there any way I can get one of these things without diamonds?
Somneli
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 111
Posted: 2/26/2020 at 3:19 PM Post #2
......Philters and such cost diamonds, but they're not used for battles.

Elixirs, draughts, and potions are this game's healing items. They're available to buy (with gold) from towns, they can drop from mission satchels, sometimes you can find them while adventuring, etc. They don't cost diamonds at all.

...And enemies are most likely using abilities against you, not items like elixirs.
Beaubuddyz
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 2/26/2020 at 3:24 PM Post #3
Oh. Thanks for your help!
By the way: Is there any way to get something that can make defeating enemies easier than? I've been trying to defeat this one guy for DAYS!
Edited By Beaubuddyz on 2/26/2020 at 3:24 PM.
Scathreoite
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 84
Posted: 2/26/2020 at 4:45 PM Post #4
As I mentioned in Vanillatwilight1019's thread, things to pay attention to are:
- Your party's elements/ party order
- your pets' proficiencies
- your pets' equipment

At the moment your party is Millie and Hazel
Millie should be in slot 1 of the party, and might do better with her proficiency point in either HP or Agi? (given that water pets do not have an HP-absorbing basic attack, and she won't get ice barrier for 9 more levels)
Her equips should be Str/Agi-focused equips (that being primarily Assassin gear). As she's lv21, rare and epic equps will have to do, but at the moment she has two uncommons (should always be replaces asap) and an epic illusionist (int/agi- an equip for Shadow tanks, Light tanks, or possibly Light healers, not a physical-element tank)

Hazel's prof is in HP, but might be better in Int (but maybe not, since Millie isn't lv30 yet and so can't shield/heal her if necessary, and you don't have a light pet in the party- once you hit lv30 with them, I'd say resetting her profs and going 2Int might be a plan)
Notably, she has no equipment. She needs Evoker (Int/Dex) gear- not having any equipment at all is severely hindering her.
Beaubuddyz
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 2/27/2020 at 3:22 PM Post #5
What does HP mean? What are uncommons? And what's Evoker gear? Sorry for so many questions; Being a Newbie makes everything SO much harder! Thanks for your help!
Scathreoite
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Posted: 2/27/2020 at 4:29 PM Post #6
HP, as in basically any video game, is "Health Points"

Uncommons are represented by the colour green- in equipment, uncommon is the lowest rarity, with the worst overall stats
Equipment, in a rough worst-to-best:
Uncommon (green) > Rare (blue) > Epic (Purple) > Legendary (yellow) > Mythical (red- only lv25 and 50, only drops from bosses in dungeons) > Exotic (rare/blue, Lost Grove, lv60) > Vinethorn (epic/purple, LG, lv60) > Stoneweave (legendary/yellow, LG, lv60)

(an example I use often: a lv25 legendary equip is better than a lv55 uncommon one.
Also, 70 legendary equips are debatably just a little better stat-wise than an Exotic equip, and provide a decent amount more damage, if it's a relic, though Exotics give more HP and mana)

(How much mana the equip gives to the pet depends entirely on its rarity, and is unaffected by the level of the equip:
Uncommon = 2 mana from relics/accessories, 4 from armor
Rare = 4 mana from relics/accessories, 8 from armor
Epic = 6 / 12
Legendary = 8 / 16
Mythical = 10 / 20
Rare, Exotic = 16 from relic/armor, 24 from accessories
Epic, Vinethorn = 24 from relic/armor, 36 from accessories
Leg., Stoneweave = 32 from relic/armor, 48 from accessories)

Evoker gear is one of the types of equipment
For you at the moment, as a newbie, the four main types of equip have two stat focuses that they give more stat to

Assassin- Strength/ Agility, for Physical Tanks (generally Earth, Water)
Myrmidon- Strength/ Dexterity, for Physical Attackers (typically Air pets)
Illusionist- Intelligence/ Agility, for Magical Tanks (Shadow, sometimes Light)
Evoker- Intelligence/ Dexterity, for Magical Attackers and Healers (Fire, Light, sometimes Shadow)

there's also
Disciple- average across all stats, generally a placeholder
Ravager- Strength, with very little in anything else
Arcanist- Intelligence, with very little in anything else

Lost Grove equips have six types, but you'll get to them later (since they're for lv60+ pets) so I'll just say they're roughly the same as the 4 main types, it's just the ratios of what stat gets what amount vary

Mythical equips are... Weird. See this guide for more
Earthprotector49
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 17
Posted: 2/27/2020 at 4:50 PM Post #7
HP is short for health points/hit points. When enemies attack you, thats what your pet loses if you dont make it block.

Thats one of five categories of battle equipment, and the weakest, stat-wise. That refers to one of seven types of battle equipment designed for pets attuned to a particular element. That particular one is best suited to Fire, Light, and Shadow pets.

If you dont mind doing some reading, this guide goes into a lot of good detail about all that stuff: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=45988
I would recommend bookmarking it, so you can refer back to it later.
Edited By Earthprotector49 on 2/27/2020 at 4:54 PM.
Beaubuddyz
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 2/28/2020 at 2:19 PM Post #8
Thanks for your help! This makes SO much more sense! You're the best!
Beaubuddyz
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 2/28/2020 at 2:46 PM Post #9
Quick question: Is there another way to heal your pets besides going to the healer in town? I've wasted all of my money healing them over and over again, and my pets are unconscious.
Scathreoite
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Posted: 2/28/2020 at 4:17 PM Post #10
Ah, the famous newbie trap,,, the Healers,,, the cunning extortionists that they are.

If not in battle, pets heal over time on their own. That's a key thing to know.

You can buy potions (out-of-battle only), elixirs (in-battle or out-of-battle healing, best saved for in-battle), and draughts (revives unconscious pet in or out of battle) from the Town Halls and Markets in the towns, and also get them from Mission Satchels (you cannot get them from the trade broker, though as they are all non-tradeable)
Go to Page:
1, 2
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.