Page 1  
Author Thread Post
Lampyridae
Level 70
The Perfectionist
Threads: 22
Posted: 1/31/2020 at 7:06 PM Post #1
This is probably a silly idea, but.
When Tamed (and tamed only, but perhaps also Exclusive) sylesti are genetically tested, next to their Species or perhaps Breed, it will have their rarity.
For example:

In Advanced Search, there would be a conditional option to search by rarity. Conditional like searching for specific themes or genes; if you don't select a breed, the option doesn't come up.
For example: (note, this is just a preview that I replaced the Search By Maturity option with, Krin would not do that.)

It could even be added under Type, as in Tamed, Common Tamed, Uncommon Tamed, etc. Just like how you can't search for wild eggs of a species until the egg is tested and the species is revealed.

Again, unless the pet was genetically tested, you would not be able to tell the rarity, so users wouldn't be able to see Rare without testing and know there were two carries. But since the pet's genes are determined when encountered, (like eggs) and hidden, perhaps an extra rarity could be tacked on and revealed like carried traits.

I'm not sure whether this should be allowed to show up on tamed/sculpted or exclusive eggs; it would benefit exclusive plant/sculpt/brew pets by showing that there are traits to back up that 50k price tag, but with wild tamed, it would take the mystery out of seeing what the traits are (if any) when it hatches.

Pros:
Able to search for those LG epic/legendary/mythical stats
Easier to find/sell LG wild stats
Able to select Rare, Epic or above and have an easier time searching for 1/2/more vis pets without having to choose a specific trait
I'm not sure how coding works, but I feel since a pet can have carried traits kept consistent and hidden from the viewer unless tested, it might be easier than just searching for how many visible or carried

Cons:
More coding and data attached
Krin would have to make a new AS dropdown (coding is hard and this rarity thing probably won't happen)
The AS search box is a bit full right now
Doesn't do anything for offspring

Comments? Criticism? Advice on how realistic this is from anyone who can code? I'm sorry if my explanation was a bit...nonsensical, but hopefully the concept images helped.
SpaceElf1
Level 75
Ghost Writer
Threads: 669
Posted: 1/31/2020 at 7:19 PM Post #2
It's not a bad idea, Lamp. True, it presents information that a viewer can also just puzzle out ("this pet is Tamed, hasn't been Mutated, and has 3 Trait Points; must be a Legendary"). However, some of the data that's already on each pet's page is also available in other locations, yet we still have it on the pet page, too.

So I guess the advisability of this feature depends on its coding difficulty, and only one person knows what that will be.
Edited By SpaceElf1 on 1/31/2020 at 7:19 PM.
Katty
Level 75
Trickster
Threads: 200
Posted: 1/31/2020 at 7:22 PM Post #3
The coding feat required would be enormous. Not only for the adding in rarity but sorting and tagging what each and every pet is. It would be nice to have such a feature but Krin cannot be expected to go through the 588,700 sylestia that have been tamed and tag them as their rarity. since the coding isnt preexisting he would need to code all 588,700 pets for rarity.... by hand. So this is not a feasible suggestion sorry

This Page loaded in 0.007 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.