Threads: 202
Posted: 12/1/2019 at 8:36 AM Post #31
ooh cool cool, good to know
Nightfeathers
Level 75
Trickster
Threads: 56
Posted: 12/1/2019 at 6:30 PM Post #32
I'd like to suggest putting the premium advent on its own page, or at least dropping it down this one. For those who've already spent their Sylestia money for this month or who can't buy diamonds for whatever reason it's going to be... less than fun 'staring in the shop window' at things they can't afford. I think most of us get enough of that IRL. It's a good idea for making money I suppose but it does dampen the fun of Advent considerably.
Katelynn4545
Level 71
The Artistic
Threads: 345
Posted: 12/14/2019 at 8:54 AM Post #33
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=83301&page=4#32
Author: Nightfeathers
Time Posted: 12/1/2019 at 6:30 PM
I'd like to suggest putting the premium advent on its own page, or at least dropping it down this one. For those who've already spent their Sylestia money for this month or who can't buy diamonds for whatever reason it's going to be... less than fun 'staring in the shop window' at things they can't afford. I think most of us get enough of that IRL. It's a good idea for making money I suppose but it does dampen the fun of Advent considerably.

I have to agree as well. Even though I have purchased the premium calendar I fell the way the visual of the calandre is set up it could give new players the wrong impression that this is a pay to play game. We all know thats not the view any of us have but it may be better to have two different calandre pages next year that you can switch to like the themed list so that it looks more like an added bonus rather than part of main rewards
Jemadar
Level 74
Grand Protector
Threads: 25
Posted: 12/15/2019 at 6:30 PM Post #34
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=83301&page=4#33
Author: Katelynn4545
Time Posted: 12/14/2019 at 8:54 AM
[quote=1916475]

I have to agree as well. Even though I have purchased the premium calendar I fell the way the visual of the calandre is set up it could give new players the wrong impression that this is a pay to play game. We all know thats not the view any of us have but it may be better to have two different calandre pages next year that you can switch to like the themed list so that it looks more like an added bonus rather than part of main rewards

I think I feel this way as well. One thing that tends to upset/depress people is when 'pay to obtain' and 'free' are mingled together.

It makes it seem like you have to pay in order to fully enjoy the calendar.

Plus, it would free up more of the pretty picture behind the days :D
Katty
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Posted: 12/15/2019 at 6:56 PM Post #35
I feel like i need to weigh in here. I feel like the AC is fine the way it is. 1200 dias is only $12 IRL or some dias converted from gold. it would be around 2.4m to convert gold to dias to buy the calendar, yes that may seem like alot but the calendar is around for the whole of winter fest and 2.4m is easy to earn if you are doing named runs and selling everything you get. you could probably get 2.4m in 3 or 4 days for 2 hours or so of work per day. I dont think that is too hard to manage ^-^

On the other end of the spectrum the site needs alot of money to run and i have been telling Krin for months that we should have a monthly sub thing so the site is sustaining itself between dias sales which it isnt atm. I dont understand why this would depress people when this site has a trade system in place to trade for the premium currency, Other sites i play, your only option is to buy with RL moneys or dont have premium currency
Jemadar
Level 74
Grand Protector
Posted: 12/15/2019 at 7:08 PM Post #36
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=83301&page=4#35
Author: Katty
Time Posted: 12/15/2019 at 6:56 PM
I feel like i need to weigh in here. I feel like the AC is fine the way it is. 1200 dias is only $12 IRL or some dias converted from gold. it would be around 2.4m to convert gold to dias to buy the calendar, yes that may seem like alot but the calendar is around for the whole of winter fest and 2.4m is easy to earn if you are doing named runs and selling everything you get. you could probably get 2.4m in 3 or 4 days for 2 hours or so of work per day. I dont think that is too hard to manage ^-^

On the other end of the spectrum the site needs alot of money to run and i have been telling Krin for months that we should have a monthly sub thing so the site is sustaining itself between dias sales which it isnt atm. I dont understand why this would depress people when this site has a trade system in place to trade for the premium currency, Other sites i play, your only option is to buy with RL moneys or dont have premium currency

Not everyone is good at making money, nor can buy diamonds all the time. Some players struggle to make 1 million gold, let alone two, especially for newer players who might not realize the best money making tips.

Yes, the site has a trade in system, which is great, but, I still feel like 'premium' and 'free' should be separated, not just on the advent calendar, and not just on this site.

I agree that Krin needs money sales, but one thing I dislike is where it feels like a site is 'pushing' premium currency by integrating it into every aspect of the site and having it be 'in your face'*cough*neopets*cough*. Fortunately, most pet sites realize this isn't a good thing, so they don't.

I just feel it would be a good thing to have the premium advent calendar its own thing with free advent still working the same way, with just a link or toggle to switch between the two. Players would still be able to view both of them, but players who have no interest, or plan to get diamonds later but still don't want to be 'spoiled' on what the prizes are, can enjoy the free version without seeing the premium version, unless they want to.

*sigh* had an edit typed up, but was logged out :/

Anyway, just wanted to point out things like the BF Wheel ticket are items that can cause depression/upset, especially knowing that they will be changed before the end of the calendar, because the wheel itself was going to be ending before.

Some players might be able to afford diamonds, but not until later in the month, others might need time to earn the gold to buy diamonds. The BF wheel ticket was something I know many players wanted, but couldn't afford, so having it there, especially knowing that you CAN afford diamonds later in the month, but by that time the ticket will be gone, tends to be less than fun.
Edited By Jemadar on 12/15/2019 at 7:23 PM.
Katty
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Posted: 12/15/2019 at 8:17 PM Post #37
Mmm i agree with the wheel ticket, people signing up now dont have the same value in the calendar that i and others did when they signed up for day 1
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 12/15/2019 at 8:21 PM Post #38
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=83301&page=4#37
Author: Katty
Time Posted: 12/15/2019 at 8:17 PM
Mmm i agree with the wheel ticket, people signing up now dont have the same value in the calendar that i and others did when they signed up for day 1

When I placed the actual value of Premium (excluding any item that does not have a Diamond shop price value), I used the lowest possible amount and it still was well over the 1,200 Diamond investment. And again, this excludes things like Avatar Items, Experience Orbs, etc.
Katty
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Posted: 12/15/2019 at 8:52 PM Post #39
value is still over the cost of the calendar right now but with the ticket in there it added 400 dias value on top thats all ^-^

With the chunk of dias, 4 prismas, pet dye, pies, master trap and 2 grove perfumes you have 1240 value there and we have 10 days left ^-^ and thats not including all the other stuff
Jemadar
Level 74
Grand Protector
Posted: 12/15/2019 at 9:31 PM Post #40
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=83301&page=4#38
Author: Krinadon
Time Posted: 12/15/2019 at 8:21 PM
[quote=1939238]

When I placed the actual value of Premium (excluding any item that does not have a Diamond shop price value), I used the lowest possible amount and it still was well over the 1,200 Diamond investment. And again, this excludes things like Avatar Items, Experience Orbs, etc.

Oh, I agree that the value is well worth it, just saying that an item that will be changed out during the festival, especially one like the wheel ticket, which was very desired, could potentially cause issues, not that the ticket being changed meant that it was no longer worth it to buy the premium advent.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.