Forum Index > General Discussion > The Sylestia Times - September 2019
Page 2 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
AC9123
Level 71
Candy Dispenser
Threads: 146
Posted: 9/30/2019 at 11:44 PM Post #11
So where can I join this pet releasing club?
Encryption
Level 70
Threads: 33
Posted: 9/30/2019 at 11:50 PM Post #12
Sairento
Level 75
High Priest
Threads: 164
Posted: 10/1/2019 at 1:04 AM Post #13
Yeah, overbreeding is a problem, Ive tried to release more pets myself, unless I really cant bring myself to release it. As well as this... 1g pets... why even bother?
AC9123
Level 71
Candy Dispenser
Threads: 146
Posted: 10/1/2019 at 2:00 AM Post #14
Kierstyn282
Level 21
Threads: 0
Posted: 10/1/2019 at 9:21 AM Post #15
can i breed with some one
Aizar
Level 70
Warden of Umbra
Threads: 35
Posted: 10/1/2019 at 10:16 AM Post #16
<wince> I don't think adding restrictions to breeding would help, and would kill a lot of my personal enjoyment in the game. In the thread that was linked, that was pretty much the consensus. Less focus on the breeding and more on the releasing or creating an artificial market for the pets (such as an NPC that would buy them up for gold or scales).

I'm starting to think we're looking at the problem from the wrong angle. The game is built that there are a lot more options in terms of species, colors and traits than the average user would want (or be able) to collect. At the same time, getting the EXACT combo that you want is very difficult and very time-consuming. This mechanic feeds on itself, and creates an endless problem of supply overwhelming the demand as people breed and breed and breed to get that exact thingy they want, and all the failed pets or step-along-the-way pets are tossed out.

Now you could cut down the supply. That's not a very popular choice. Are we already forgetting the outcry on Ferikki's when limited breeding was attempted to be applied to them? But in light of the thing above, it means breeding your exact thingy is that much harder, which only exacerbates what I think is the root problem.

On the other hand, you could increase the demand. Tactics such as increased advertising (for both the site to get more of a player base, and a vehicle for players to advertise their own pets beyond forum posts), contests, quests, new forms of currency (be careful with that one), better documentation of Themed so people know what's out there and want to get them, etc. These I think are the ideas that get the most support, as they come at the problem from a positive direction with the intent to build on player options rather than take them away. The downside is they require work from Krinadon and so may not see the light of day for a while. Game coding takes time, yo!

But to some extent--I think a large extent--it's just the way the game is set up. With so many options and new pets entering the market all the time from many other sources than just "irresponsible breeders", you're always going to have way more pets than there is demand for. Without changing some beloved mechanics of the game--such as colors and traits randomly passed on when Sylesties are bred, catching wild pets, generating pets exactly to your tastes, festivals and Themeds being released every year with not-too-difficult methods of obtaining them, max stats having a hefty impact on battle capability--etc--I'm not sure what you could do.

The only thing I can think of is a mechanic that would make it more likely for pets to breed their traits or colors true so there's less "breed all the things in hopes something sticks" for breeding projects, but I wouldn't want it to be baseline, as one big part of my enjoyment of this game is throwing random combos of pets together to see what silly things result. At the least though, I think it would help remove some of the, er, shall we say, bitter grump facing that such hard work pays nothing, by making the work less hard (as the end result just...probably is never going to get much demand, tbh. Not without more focus on individual breeders and their bloodlines).
Watercolors
Level 74
The Artistic
Threads: 132
Posted: 10/1/2019 at 10:49 AM Post #17
:/ itd definitely be nice to see the value of pets go back up. I am a project breeder and I invest a lot into the themes Im breeding to 6v, but I cant seem to sell any 6v finished offspring at all. I had an original idea of what they were worth, but over the years of them sitting in my sales tab i have slowly bumped that tag lower and lower. *poor silver bells griffi*
Pnguin
Level 54
The Sweet Tooth
Threads: 81
Posted: 10/1/2019 at 10:49 AM Post #18
nobody wants to buy my 6vis pets! i ended up releasing it because nobody even wanted them for one gold, when they were really great to :(
Dragoil
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Artist
Threads: 172
Posted: 10/1/2019 at 11:37 AM Post #19
Zombie prompt

Right so I love attempting the suggestions.. I still don't think I have mastered the pet design aspect of this game (a bit frustrating as an artist XD) but here ya go, I loosely designed this puff after a drowned Zombie from Minecraft... and a recent forensic files episode I watched.

As to the topic of over breeding, Yes I agree with what has been discussed, it is troubling, I think as players we have to make the movement one way or another, but this is why I release a lot of my breedings and why I tend to collect themeds.. then again the drop in themed prices is also saddening.
Vin
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 18
Posted: 10/1/2019 at 3:28 PM Post #20
I don't want breeding to be restricted. I don't log in every day and if it were harder to work on my projects it would be really frustrating.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
This Page loaded in 0.013 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.