Players 2,356 329
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,254,335 1,023
Generated 656,427 16
Captured 1,190,988 63
Bred 6,406,825 944
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Off-Topic Discussion > 10 Things that....
Page 1 1, 2 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Orcastration
Level 73
Fishy
Threads: 316
Posted: 6/24/2019 at 11:04 AM Post #1
PLEASE DON"T POST ON THIS THREAD THANK YOU! PM me if you want to be pinged ;D

(However I have given certain permission to certain people to post, which I will list here)

Canawlia-11 things that only roleplayers will understand

Every now and then, i'll post a "10 Things" thingamajig. Feel free to copy and paste. Some of them I got from others, most I did myself.

pinglist:
Lucario, rottiegirl, larkien, lalalanmao, mossflight2, goldennautilus
Edited By Orcastration on 7/23/2020 at 4:54 PM.
Orcastration
Level 73
Fishy
Posted: 6/24/2019 at 11:06 AM Post #2
Ten Things Orchestra People Will Understand (Credit to Canawlia)

1. When you get a new piece that looks like a mess and you stare at it for a few seconds before you reminisce about the times you thought Mary Had a Little Lamb was hard.

2. When you realize that you will never be as good as the concert master. Unless you are the concert master. Then relish the fact that everyone in your section, including the second chair, looks up to you.

3. When you have to do a playing test and you're shaking so much it sounds like you're doing vibrato.

4. When your conductor frowns at you and you realize your life is officially over.

5. When you play on a rest and everyone looks at you like you've just murdered someone.

6. When you thought you played the concert song well but you hear a higher chair play and you question your existence.

7. When you glare furiously at the people who walk by casually playing a song that they know sounds impressive.

8. When the violas get a solo and everyone has lost the ability to speak.

9. When you have no idea what to do so you are forced to air bow furiously and pretend you know what you're doing.

10. When you're too lazy to shift so you just stick your finger a little bit higher and pray you hit the right note.
Shenanigans0602
Level 25
Threads: 12
Posted: 6/24/2019 at 11:10 AM Post #3
(Please Ignore This, I mistakenly added this, and I can't delete it)
Edited By Maplepuppy365 on 6/24/2019 at 11:11 AM.
Orcastration
Level 73
Fishy
Posted: 6/25/2019 at 1:11 PM Post #4
10 Things That Only Peeple on Swim Teams Will Understand

1. When the coach start increasing the number of warmup laps without telling anyone and you jump from doing 50 yd warmups to 200 yd warmups in just a month's time.
2. When one of the pools closes for repairs and the two lower groups have to squish into 3 lanes.
3. When the lanes are overcrowded and eveyr 5 seconds someone bumps you or kicks you in the face.
4. When you have to go to practice in the rain. Or when you have to go to practice in the heat.
5. When you have to do your least favorite stroke at the swim meet and it's the 200 yd.
6. When you have to swim in the unheated pool in the middle of winter. Or when the pool got accidently heated in the middle of summer.
7. When you realize that everyone you used to swim in a lane with moved up two lanes and you're still stuck with the newbie kiddies.
8. When everyone has to put on fins and you discover that the kid behind you wears 3 sizes bigger then you.
9. When you start out as the leader of the lane but become the last in the lane by the end of practice and wonder what happened to your life.
10. When you're the only competitor that didn't win anything at the swim meet. Or the only one who got dequeued

And a bonus 11,12, and 13just beccuase why not:
11. When you hit your head on the wall while doing speed backstroke.
12. When you have to do a 200 butterfly. Because that just sucks.
13. When you haven't been able to come to practice for a month and you find that everything's changed and what used to be advanced level is now considered intermediate.

(Side note: I never made it past the Bronze (intermediate group) in my swim team. So if you swim better then that, just double everything or something. Yep. :P)
Orcastration
Level 73
Fishy
Posted: 6/27/2019 at 5:55 PM Post #5
I couldn't help myself..

10 things That Only People Who Ride Theme Park Rides will Understand

1. When you hate rollercoaster and you get into one because someone said it had "No bumps or 360s or anything" and then you discover it does.....when you reach to top of the first rise. Which should I mention also makes a turn. (This is what i mean: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dk5SS_IMrM Note it's faster then it looks....especially if you're someone who abosulutely hates coasters, aka me)
2. When your friend asks if there's anything she should know before you reach the dark area and you say no but forgot about the drop halfway thogh-in the dark. The angry looks later....
3. When you get persuaded to go on one of the craziest rolllercoaster at the park and it starts by speeding up about 10 stories and makign a sharp turn downwards. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxuU9oozUmg
4. When the wait line takes 2 hours and the ride takes 1 minute.
5. WHen the girl in front of you wore braids and has long hair.
6.When you go on a water ride and everyone but one person got soaked.
7. When you go on 5 crazy rides in a row because you got a fast past or earlybird ticket and can't go on anything else for the rest of the day.
8. When the person in your car on the rollercoaster ate something right before riding and throws up.
9. When the friend next to you says you're not screaming loud enough on the ride.
10.. When you get stuck on the rollercoaster because it broke down halfway. Bonus points to you if that happened while you were on a loop.

(Yes. This is pretty much my day at one theme park. And yes it was all at Knott's. It's a long story involving a bell group that loves going on trips. Note I di NOT ride most of the rides out of fear for my snaity)
Orcastration
Level 73
Fishy
Posted: 7/22/2019 at 11:42 PM Post #6
10 things that only someone who goes to music camp will understand:

1. When someone doesn't bring their music....
2. When you have to learn an entire song in a week....or less. Preferably less.
3. When someone hogs the juice at the lunchline. Or the lemonade. Or water. Honestlyy, any drink container.
4. When your chamber group is just horrible and only one person actually knows their part.
5. When there's not an empty practice room to be found.....or the only room has a bad piano or no stand or no working light.
6. When somehow a class that starts on topic ends up completely off topic-apparantly, pears and apples are great for learning rythm.
7. When your stand partner/duet partner is the person you have beef with.
8. When the teacher calls you out wihtout calling you out.
9. When you have the kids that know each other and are bffs, etc. and the kids that don't in the same small area.
10. When you become a camp legend for doing something or just being the person you are.

(Sorry it's crummy. I needed a quick rant...expect part 2 soon ;P)
Larkian
Level 75
The Tactician
Threads: 104
Posted: 7/27/2019 at 4:44 PM Post #7
Orca has given me permission to post this:

11 Things Roleplayers Will Understand

1. When people start godmodding and you sit there and die a little inside.

2. When you have to write more than one sentence but your brain cells are dead.

3. When some people don't follow the rules and the maker of the RP isn't on for a day.

4. When inactive people sign up for major roles (or central plot characters)

5. When you wake up to 20 pings and realize everyone has moved on without you.

6. When the roleplay dies at the climax or just as something dramatic is going to happen.

7. When nothing is happening and you constantly reload, hoping for a ping.

8. When no one is interacting with your OCs, no matter how many times you use the pinglist.

9. When you ask for a recap and everyone ignores you.

10. When you're too scared to leave for fear of missing something important.

11. When the person in charge doesn't link to the signups so no one knows who's who
Edited By Canawlia on 7/27/2019 at 4:47 PM.
Orcastration
Level 73
Fishy
Posted: 8/4/2019 at 12:30 AM Post #8
10 things that anyone that has been in the Lost Grove will understand:

1. When you accidently bring a below-level-65 team into the Grove and it's not statted and you don't notice until a bunch of bandits comes and destroys you.
2. When the stage takes FOREVER to complete/you can't find the one item you need.
3. When you have too many spritely branches and not enough of everything else.
4. When the sprites pop up every other step.
5. When Malfy just decides to go off to the Carribian or something without telling you and you spend ages killing druids for no reason.
6. When you find a themed pet but it ends up eating up all your traps, then runs away/dies
7. When stage interludes just take an eternity (no offense, Krin)
8. When you try to type in chat but then you can't...and you suddenly remember you were logged in on a different device.
9. When you aren't paying attention and you walk into a tree/enemy for a long time before realizing that said object of interest is in your path.
10. When bosses show up for no good reason.

And a bonus or two:
11.When you kill a hard boss and get lousy loot, then kill a druid and get some great stuff.
12. When you get left behind in the group stages and forget to participate/you procrastinate.
Edited By Orca2Whale on 8/4/2019 at 12:31 AM.
Orcastration
Level 73
Fishy
Posted: 9/30/2019 at 10:08 PM Post #9
gonna revive this so resvd
Orcastration
Level 73
Fishy
Posted: 10/6/2019 at 11:36 PM Post #10
10 Things Artists Will Understand (suggested by Goldennautilus)
(Apologies to artists everywhere-I'm referring to drawers/painters mostly)

1. When you're doing digital drawing and your drawing program decides to stop working/updates.
2. When you're doing nondigital drawing and your eraser/pencil keeps falling on the floor no matter WHAT you do.
3. When it gets too dark/shadows (nondigital) or your eyes hurt (digital)
4. When you just CANNOT get that line just right and no matter which way you turn it makes the picture look horrible.
5. When you think a picture looks horrible yet everyone says it looks fab.
6. When you draw or paint something and then see someone did something simillar but better.
7. When you sit there and don't know what to draw/paint.
8. When you're forced to draw with a mouse. (Bonus: you keep overshooting a certain line with said mouse)
9. When you suddenly realize that after 3 hours of work your "masterpeice" is disprotional
10. When you get inspiration after an hour of sitting there but you have to stop drawing.
Go to Page:
1, 2
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.