Players 2,407 367
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,242,961 1,762
Generated 656,182 12
Captured 1,190,474 65
Bred 6,396,210 1,685
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Groups, Guilds, Clubs, and Services > ~*~ DESIGNERS' CHALLENGE UNIVERSITY...
Page 152 1, 2, 3... 151, 152, 153... 348, 349, 350 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Celticnuru
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 244
Posted: 1/12/2020 at 5:06 PM Post #1511
All right pencils down. I will have the updates and top 3 up sortly. Along with the next challenge.
Celticnuru
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 1/12/2020 at 5:35 PM Post #1512
TOP 3
"New Year's Bash" Challenge

Entries Thus Far Post

I wanted to thank each and everyone of you that participated, it truly meant a lot that you put your time and effort into this group. Without you, none of this would be possible. It is hard to image that we as a group have been together now for roughly 1 year. And for the newer D.C.U. crowd, that is ok...We hope you will join us in another new year of design offs and healthy/friendly competition. Thank you so much everyone! And speaking of the new year, your designs for "New Year's Bash" were truly outstanding designers. Very impressive indeed. Let's hope this spells good times as we continue to ring in the new year. For now, please help me congratulate our first top 3 of 2020. "Teny Teny"!!! wOOt!

Your Top 3 Are....

1st Place ~
Opipearl's Design:

Original

Altered

@Opipearl...The way your designs sparkles and shines just really pops over all, giving that real vibe of celebration. Outstanding work this week, truly outstanding hon. I really believe you earned top spot, and look forward to your future designs. For your hard work, you can have a pick of a pet from the "Group" section of my 1st stable, or gold. Please let me know which one ASAP. Also keep an eye out in your inventory as I send something your way.

2nd Place ~
Spiritbeast's Design:

Original

Altered

@Spirit...Your design this week was extremely pretty. It also had that hint of retro appeal that was also pleasant to see. You are defiantly starting this year out on the right foot when it comes to designing. As a reward, please send me a COD for 20K.

3rd Place ~
Limor's Design:

Original

Altered

@Limor....Your 2nd design was not too appealing this week, and please do not let that get you down. Some times we have an eye catching design one week and a bust another. However, your 1st design was seriously on point. It really showcased your "New Year's Sparkler" beverage very nicely. I think even with the bit of a rough start to 2020, you show some real pazazz for the new year when it comes to designing. Please by all means keep up the great work Limor. You really and truly are a talented designer!
Opipearl
Level 62
The Sweet Tooth
Threads: 8
Posted: 1/12/2020 at 5:45 PM Post #1513
I will just do gold.
Celticnuru
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 1/12/2020 at 5:52 PM Post #1514
~ Roaring Twenties ~ Challenge

(READ EVERYTHING!!)

DEADLINE: Sunday Jan. 19th, 2020 @ 5pm CST

Excused/Opted Out Of Challenge: Sairento, Shimeree, Articu, Spiritbeast

The "Roaring Twenties" is back again, so to speak. So to commemorate them, I figured to task you all to reflect on the original 19 "Roaring" 20's. You will need to create a design based of that era, wither it be due to fashion, crime, classic, business, or what have you. Just be sure to follow all of the requirements and rules laid out before. Reference pictures are welcomed so long as they are reasonably sized, though preferred small if at all possible. I look forward to seeing what you all have to offer this week. Good luck!

~REQUIREMENTS~
1.) You must create a minimum of 3 designs. All designs must be kept to one post with your critique. Pet, Avi, and or a mix of the 2 are acceptable.
2.) You must list out the traits of each design, or item used.
* 3.) (Only the very 1st poster of a challenge is excused from this requirement.) Be sure to include within your design post your critique for the designer that posted before you whom besides myself you must also PING when posting. Your critique MUST be of their 1st DESIGN ONLY, as well as a bare minimum of 3 to 4 sentences in length! Explain what they can improve on, as well as what you liked about their design specifically. You MUST provide a reference picture to what you are referring to, so that the designer you are critiquing better understands what you are trying to convey about their design. Perhaps a side by side comparison of their design and what you believed their design should look like with your tips of improvement. With that in mind, DO NOT by any means leave a fellow designer hanging and waiting on you as that is just rude, and inconsiderate.
*4.) (ALL MUST COMPLY WITH THIS ONE)You must recreate your original design, but remember to incorporate some of the suggestions made to you by your design critiquer. That is why it is important to stay on top of any PINGs and or critiques made to you!! If you don't receive a ping, then by all means check regularly to see if someone has critiqued your design and get your altered piece done a sap. Take that new design, and place it NEXT TO your original design so that we may see the changes you made. DO NOT put your critiqued piece after any paragraphs or or comments. It must be right next to your original piece. Remember, without this your design post is viewed as incomplete.
5.) Briefly explain why you feel each design represents the roaring 20's!

~RULES/GUIDELINES~

1.) All core group rules are in affect/effect.
2.) Failure to follow any requirements and or rules will result it in being clearly seen in your work that you are unable to follow directions. Remember to ask for help if you need assistance and or clarification. Otherwise, at the end of the challenge you will be assigned a negative mark accordingly.

~EXAMPLE~
(This is just an example of a avi and pet. You will be expected to do at least 3 designs in total.)

Items: Flower Flapper Hat, Ritzy Aristocrat Outfit

This avi design represents the "Roaring 20's", on the sole basis of flashy and dance. Women loved to doll up, and wear beaded/sequin dresses while having a night on the town. Oddly enough, the head piece is named after an actual styles piece from that era. The "Flapper" is a style of dress and behavior, that a lot of young woman during that time wore in opposition of public stereo-types on how woman should dress and behave. My dress choice is more along the classic side of things, but era appropriate.

Traits: Barrow's Goldeneye, Snowdrift Wings, Peacock Cres

My pet design is based on the ritzy dreams of the "Roaring 20's". How people would love the high life of sparkles and glam. This was true for most young women of the time whom wanted to be seen by all. The prettier, and more exotic(peacock) the better. They often wore feathers and sashayed around for all the fine fellas that caught their fancy. It was in a way it was a showcase of social standing as well. Because during this time, people loved to dance, party, and have a ripping old good time. Even when they were suppressed and not allowed to have alcohol.
Edited By Celticnuru on 1/19/2020 at 3:07 PM.
Celticnuru
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 1/12/2020 at 5:52 PM Post #1515
Please send me a COD for 30K then.
Edited By Celticnuru on 1/16/2020 at 9:28 PM.
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 293
Posted: 1/12/2020 at 7:07 PM Post #1516
-- Invention of Radio --

In the 20's the invention of radio took the country by storm. Everyone wanted one and it allowed for people to hear about events they would have in older times taken a while to hear about. My teacher described radio of the internet of the time.

-- The New Woman: Flapper --

Held: ghostly_gilded_glass_chilly
Outfit: day_of_the_dead_costume_birthday_cake
Head: crown_of_the_clover_moonlight
Back: wispy_bunny_sprites_sunset

Flappers were the 'new' independent women. Now a less known reason women became flappers was due to a cloth shortage. Due to this shortage of cloth women took to wearing less cloth, which too their elder generations was 'scandalous' and became the talk of the time. Flappers were women who drank, smoked, drive and (good lord!) went on dates alone with men.

-- Black and White Movies --

Held: colonial_fan_mysterious
Outfit: fancy_winter_attire
Head: lovely_ribbon
Back: shadow_thiefs_cloak

The 20's were the time of the movies. Movies in that time were black and white and wouldn't until later become "talkies", or movies with sound. Everyone loved movie and actresses and actors of the time would become the first stars in their carrier paths.

-- Birth of Jazz --

In the 1920's swing music and Jazz became a staple point. After the end of the war everyone wanted to have fun and the new upbeat type of Jazz music became a happy loud part of music. Almost everyone loved Jazz and would dance their heart outs too it.

-- Dance Competitor --

Held: farmersbroom
Outfit: flower_flapper_attire_sunset
Head: nightfall_cavalier_hat_mender

In the 20's new trends would take the nation by storm. One trend was the Dance Competitions. People would dance and invent new moves to try to best each other in fun lively competitions too see who could create and preform the best dance of the time.
Edited By Limor on 1/14/2020 at 3:40 PM.
Shimeree
Level 70
Fancy Pants
Threads: 6
Posted: 1/12/2020 at 7:13 PM Post #1517
I'm going to opt out of this weeks challenge, sorry!!
Vanikmal
Level 71
Trickster
Threads: 65
Posted: 1/12/2020 at 7:58 PM Post #1518

Charleston Griffi

Critiqued:

Traits Used:
Kingfisher, Frostfeather Teardrops, Forest Markings, Galactic Tail, Frostfeather Wings

I think this represents the Roaring Twenties because the Charlston Dance was popular in the 1920's. The dance appeared along with the song "The Charleston," in the Broadway musical "Runnin' Wild" in 1923. Flappers used to dance along with it, and it's still used today along with swing music. 1920's music is amazing!

Silent Movie Ryori

Traits Used:
Fox, Rose Markings, Nebula, Glimmering Jewels, Fox Fire, Ethereal Headress

I think this design represents the Roaring Twenties because this was the time when silent movies were invented. I've only watched a couple but I find them creepy but interesting because of the lack of sound.

Flapper Avatar

Items Used:
Ghostly Gilded Glass (Sprightly), Jovial Cafe Outfit (Rad Red), Flower Flapper Hat, Dazzling Butterflies

I think this design represents the Roaring Twenties because it is a flapper. Flappers were women who went against the acceptable behavior rules of women. They wore short skirts, bobbed their hair, smoked, and many other things.

Critique:

I really don't see much to change with this design, your colors match the radio perfectly and the traits look amazing. I do suggest changing G3 to Circut Runes, as it suits the technology idea better and makes the design look a bit sleeker. I also think you should change G1 to Dutch. I suggest you give the fur a bit more of a reddish color because the main wood used for your reference picture is a more reddish type. EC to 96390E and G1 to 7A3214.

---->
Edited By Koterfaye on 1/17/2020 at 10:33 AM.
Sairento
Level 75
High Priest
Threads: 164
Posted: 1/12/2020 at 11:11 PM Post #1519
Sorry about this, can I opt out? I don't think I'll have enough time for 3 designs, this week, sorry.
Celticnuru
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 1/12/2020 at 11:29 PM Post #1520
I understand, and hope to see you next week.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 151, 152, 153... 348, 349, 350
This Page loaded in 0.031 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.