Players 2,359 344
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,252,691 861
Generated 656,375 25
Captured 1,190,864 31
Bred 6,405,357 805
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Groups, Guilds, Clubs, and Services > ~*~ DESIGNERS' CHALLENGE UNIVERSITY...
Page 106 1, 2, 3... 105, 106, 107... 348, 349, 350 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Danithegoat
Level 72
The Sweet Tooth
Threads: 45
Posted: 10/15/2019 at 10:15 AM Post #1051
Movie: Kung Fu Panda (original)
Scene: Today is a gift
This is my all time favorite movie because of the quotes and characters. The sequals are allright but not as good as the original. I wanted to challenge myself with Oogway's design since there's no turtle or anything close to a turtle in Sylestia. Also why aren't there any pants mutations on anything?? I had a lot of fun revisiting the movie since I knew I wanted to do this movie but not what scene, so I watched the entire thing again. If you haven't seen it (you being anyone who reads this) go watch it.

I added the ... before Po's first quote since he goes on this long rant. I live my life by Oogway's quotes tho. He gives me life.

Po: ...and the five, man. You should have seen them, they totally hate me.
Oogway: Totally.
Po: How's Shifu gonna turn me into the Dragon Warrior? I mean, I'm not like The Five. I've got no claws, no wings, no venom, even Mantis has those... thingies. Ah, maybe I should just quit and go back to making noodles.
Oogway: Quit, don't quit. Noodles, don't noodles. You are too concerned with what was, and what will be. Theres a saying, yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present.

The ice is supposed to be pants

Critique edit:
and

Critique for Shimeree
Your design is really creative, with not using a lighira. I really like the idea of going more realistic, it adds an added challenge which is actually really cool. The scene pick is great and shows a lot about who you are as a person. The arctic fur really works well as mane and was a great pick. I like how you added more texture to the fur, it makes the design feel more alive. All that being said, there's not much that you could improve on since the design feels like the characters and looks like the characters. The only thing I could think of was the mane. I'd lighten Mufasa's mane just a bit since lions have lighter manes. The darkness of it does contrast the lighter tone of the design really well but it stands out a bit when you create more realistic designs. I love what you did with Simba, by making him a hatchling instead of an adult, it felt more child-like. Overall, I love this design.
Critique edit:
--->
Edited By Spiritbeast on 10/17/2019 at 1:37 PM.
Celticnuru
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 244
Posted: 10/15/2019 at 11:13 AM Post #1052
Your reference picture is now a broken image hon. That will need to be fixed before deadline. Otherwise, nice work on the alteration and original design. That is my favorite species on Sylestia, so I am a bit partial there. Your colors are nice merriment for the design, however I have never seen the movie so I am not sure if it does fit the over all theme or not. Otherwise, keep up the great work!
Edited By Celticnuru on 10/16/2019 at 9:54 AM.
Celticnuru
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 10/15/2019 at 11:16 AM Post #1053
What about Sai's design is it you liked specifically? Your critique is well done on pin pointing specific areas of improvement, with friendly and helpful suggestions. However, what you liked specifically about the design seems lacking and rather vague. Even if it is a single trait she used, the color she used for that trait or what have you would be nice so Sai can get an idea of what works from what doesn't.

As for your own design, I enjoy that anime very much. My hubby and I are both upset that there is no more after watching every single episode there is. I personally like Eraserhead. Just something about him. Your noodle design is very beautifully done. I enjoy the use of the electrical trait, as it does showcase when Midoria "Deku"(I believe is how it is spelt...) is powering up. Way to go with that. And the fact you have it that greenish tint was a very nice touch.

Your other design though. For me didn't really hit the mark. I am not sure if it is the trait choice, color choice, or both. Something seems a bit off. Then again with the anime, characters can get pretty outrageous so no worries there. I think over all it was very very nice. Good job!
Edited By Celticnuru on 10/15/2019 at 11:24 AM.
Celticnuru
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 10/15/2019 at 11:28 AM Post #1054
Even though you haven't seen the movie Koterfaye is referring to, what about her designs did you love? Was it the traits used, and or coloring? Species perhaps. Please be specific so that way Koterfaye understands from your point of view what is working with her designs compared to what is not. Your pointing out specific traits and the brightness of the yellow was spot on. Very good on that, as well as giving the helpful suggestions for possible improvement.
Celticnuru
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 10/15/2019 at 11:31 AM Post #1055
You did an amazing job with your design post. Everything is perfect thus far, all we are waiting on now is for someone to critique yours and then it will be eligible. If no one does by Sunday's deadline your post will automatically be slipped into the Entries Thus Far posting. However, it is still early in the week so please check back often and tend to the critique once one is up for you.
Celticnuru
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 10/15/2019 at 11:35 AM Post #1056
All right everyone, I am unable to fo an Entries Thus Far post at the moment as everyone is lacking a little something. Nothing major, but even the little bits still count. Please be sure to check your individual pings I sent out earlier to those that have submitted a design to see what I have had to say to you specifically.

The main hang up seems to be around saying something nice about the fellow designers design. I under you may like it or love it. But what specifically do you like and or love. You must remember to elaborate on that, otherwise they will not know what works comparatively to what does not. Sure everyone's stating specifics about what can be improved and how, but not enough are stating what was good specifically. So please review your critiques and make those adjustments. I will check back to see if I can add anyone to that post later this evening.

Until then keep up the great work everyone!
Edited By Celticnuru on 10/18/2019 at 8:51 AM.
Sairento
Level 75
High Priest
Threads: 164
Posted: 10/15/2019 at 3:20 PM Post #1057
Ive fixed the image I think. Tell me if it still doesnt work
Articu
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 146
Posted: 10/15/2019 at 3:38 PM Post #1058
*wheeeeeeeeeze* you had to make this near impossible, didn't you spirit? the oogway and po designs are absolutely beautiful. i look at those designs and they are what comes to mind. wonderful job on these :D here's what i would change:
oogway

->
though i absolutely love the coloration and look of the design, i thought it was a bit dull. so i brightened up a few colors, changed one trait and added another, and swapped some colors. yellow was added to show his transcendence into the spirit realm. other colors were changed to closer match his looks, and m3 was brightened. overall, it is a lovely design; it really says "tortoise" and "oogway" :) your skills are definitely something else ^-^
trait change:
g1: poison dart -> majestic
g2: blue ringed octopus -> water sprite
(added) g3: rippling runes
color change:
ec, c1, c3, g1, g2, g3, m3

po (using your ref image)
->
your design is po to a t. the colors are few but amazing, and it turned out beautifully. however, i think it more so represents what he looks like, not who he is as a character. so i added a touch more color; red to incorporate the colors of the bands on his pants (just for more color), and yellow runes to show that he is the dragon warrior. but i really love the simplicity of the design; it works wonderfully well :)
trait change:
m3: n/a -> shaman dust
g3: n/a -> advanced runes
color change:
ec, g3, m3
~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~
movie: kung fu panda, kung fu panda 2
characters: shen and tai lung (my two favorite characters are in different movies because villains rip )
lines (kfp2):
shen: "h..how did you... how did you do it..?"
po: "you know, you just keep your elbows up, keep the shoulders loose-"
shen: "not that. how did you find peace? i took away your parents, everything. i-i scarred you for life.."
po: "see that's the thing, shen. scars heal."
shen: "no they don't. wounds heal."
lines (kfp):
tai: "you... can't defeat me..." *gasping* "you... you're just a big... fat... panda!"
po: "i'm not a big fat panda. i'm the big fat panda."
tai: "the wuxi finger hold!"
po: "oh you know this hold..?"
tai: "you're bluffing... you're bluffing! shifu didn't teach you that."
po: "nope. i figured it out. skadoosh." *explosion*

critiqued:

shen:

tai lung:
Edited By Articu on 10/18/2019 at 8:09 AM.
Wooloothedarklord
Level 58
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 107
Posted: 10/15/2019 at 8:53 PM Post #1059
oh wow! thanks! (sending cod now)
Celticnuru
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 10/16/2019 at 9:57 AM Post #1060
ENTRIES THUS FAR ~ Post 1
"Night At The Movies" Challenge

Those Choosing To Opt Out: Red, Bunny, Sunny, Picle

Below you will find the entries thus far that have been deemed acceptable, and or have met all the necessary requirements for this challenge. If you do not see your designs displayed below, please by all means check the original challenge post HERE. Check to see that all parts of each requirement, rule, and theme of the challenge have been met unless otherwise directed. If something is off, correct it. If any correction are needed once fixed, or if none are believed to be needed, PING me a heads up and I will again review and let you know what needs attention, and or update this post with your design. Just remember to check back regularly to see if I contacted you personally, generally, and or to see if anyone else is in need of your time. Do not leave anyone hanging, especially if they are waiting on a critique and or response from you. Until then, keep on designing!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Sairento's Designs:

(Original Design):

(Altered Design):

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Shimeree's Designs:

(Original Design):

(Altered Design):

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Spirit's Designs:

(Original Design):

(Altered Design):

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Art's Designs:

(Original Design):

(Altered Design):

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Koterfaye's Design:

(Original Design):

(Altered Design):

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Limor's Designs:

(Original Design):
Edited By Celticnuru on 10/20/2019 at 6:04 PM.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 105, 106, 107... 348, 349, 350
This Page loaded in 0.028 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.