Players 2,440 389
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,234,189 1,275
Generated 655,955 49
Captured 1,189,822 102
Bred 6,388,320 1,124
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Arena Discussion > Strange arena team?
Page 1 1, 2 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Nightstooth
Level 70
The Tactician
Threads: 21
Posted: 2/14/2019 at 3:16 AM Post #1
Some people in region chat seems to be surprised that I wander about the Lost Grove with my starter and the first couple of pets that I ever caught on this site. So how about this for a level 25 arena team?

Grove

Earth (tank)

Health: 2,808
Mana: 124

Level: 25
HP:
Physical Damage: 206
Magical Damage: 54
Strength: 141 (14 + 0)
Intelligence: 108 (14 + 0)
Dexterity: 124 (15 + 0)
Agility: 174 (15 + 0)
Physical Mitigation: 33.37%
Magical Mitigation: 32.28%
Critical Hit Chance: 20.31%
Accuracy Bonus: 13.70%
Avoidance Chance: 17.70%
Quickness Rating: 29.80

Summer

Light

Health: 1,256 / 1,256
Mana: 120

Physical Damage: 53
Magical Damage: 244
Strength: 105 (12 + 0)
Intelligence: 218 (12 + 0)
Dexterity: 146 (11 + 0)
Agility: 127 (12 + 0)
Physical Mitigation: 25.36%
Magical Mitigation: 29.62%
Critical Hit Chance: 23.23%
Accuracy Bonus: 15.44%
Avoidance Chance: 13.92%
Quickness Rating: 27.30

Coral

Light

Health: 1,230 / 1,230
Mana: 118

Physical Damage: 51
Magical Damage: 242
Strength: 102 (15 + 0)
Intelligence: 214 (13 + 0)
Dexterity: 135 (12 + 0)
Agility: 121 (12 + 0)
Physical Mitigation: 23.80%
Magical Mitigation: 28.39%
Critical Hit Chance: 21.76%
Accuracy Bonus: 14.55%
Avoidance Chance: 12.81%
Quickness Rating: 25.60

And on my fourth try, they were able to defeat Fire Eyes.

Anyone else take on the arena with this kind of team? Or are people right in their reaction to my main teams?

(I've played rpgs for a long time so I would kinda get bored without some kind of challenge...)
Malikas
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 48
Posted: 2/14/2019 at 5:35 AM Post #2
Lol, that does sound like a challenge!

If you like tough challenges, have you thought about this thread?

It's open-ended as to what kind of challenge you create, but the harder choices can be really tough!

https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=63760&page=1#1
Nightstooth
Level 70
The Tactician
Posted: 2/14/2019 at 5:25 PM Post #3
I'm not on the forums too much so I haven't heard of it.

I got Stonewing down to around 32% health on my second try. (It was down to around 50% on my first try.)

Edit: Changed my team's equipment, and I beat Stonewing on the third try.
Edited By Nightstooth on 2/14/2019 at 7:37 PM.
Dragongem23
Level 63
The Tender
Threads: 254
Posted: 2/20/2019 at 3:44 PM Post #4
I wander around with the first themed i caught and the first one i caught...along with my starter..i see no issue
Nightstooth
Level 70
The Tactician
Posted: 2/20/2019 at 3:52 PM Post #5
A lot of people make a really big deal about max stat pets.
Dragongem23
Level 63
The Tender
Threads: 254
Posted: 2/20/2019 at 3:53 PM Post #6
I feel like they suck in my opnion unless you need missions....i prefer my own...It builds story~
Nightstooth
Level 70
The Tactician
Posted: 2/20/2019 at 7:03 PM Post #7
I think of max stat pets as being for people who have never played an rpg before. It's something that I don't need so I don't bother with forking over a lot of money for them. I tend to ignore stats with breeding and catching.
Imperium
Level 75
Guardian
Threads: 386
Posted: 3/11/2019 at 1:36 PM Post #8
I think it's great you're willing to put the time and effort into challenging yourself and your pets. I haven't used earth as a tank build in a very long time, I prefer running around and fighting as shadow/shadow/shadow so I can just swap my pets around when needed and so that I'm not getting armor all mixed up. They don't kill things incredibly quickly, but they're sturdy. Have you tried any other builds?

As far as reactions to your team go, I'd probably ask the same thing if I've not already read through your OP, which you've answered: You like the challenge. There's no right or wrong here as far as reactions go. You do you.

~~~

I'm going to quote you here and share my perspective regarding the main issue you seem to be coming across. Two things in particular.
"Some people in region chat seems to be surprised that I wander about the Lost Grove with my starter and the first couple of pets that I ever caught on this site."
"I think of max stat pets as being for people who have never played an rpg before."

Most players use max stats because they are more efficient. It's like mowing a 5 acre lawn with an zero-turn mower versus a push mower. Both get the job done, neither one is wrong, but one is faster and more efficient then the other. I'd recommend players learn to use the push mower before the zero-turn mower, specifically so they know what they're doing, and after a point where they've refined their technique, then swap over the zero-turn.

In short, the max stats just save you time and effort. It has nothing to do with never playing an RPG. I played so many that I breezed through the story line with my original pets when I first started, no help needed. I'd not recommend players solve their problem just by throwing max stats at them, but after you've learned how to use the battle system with the wild and starter pets and you are literally pressing the same buttons battle after battle, it comes to a point in which I'd personally rather just save time. My free time is limited and I want to get the most out of it, as do many other players and this is why max stats are so highly valued and used.

The Lost Grove isn't a permanent feature in this game. Once it goes away, it's gone. Since TLG is on a timer of sorts, most players are going to choose to save time by using max stat pets, because when you're on a timer, it's more about speed and less about the challenge. This is the same reason players use max stats in festival zones during battle challenges. You get a level 25 max stat team decked out in full level 25 mythic gear and all attuned to fire, you are literally going to shred the boards and get a spot.

That is why a lot of players use max stat pets. Their reasons are as valid as your for wanting the challenge. There's absolutely nothing wrong with battling with tamed pets. Most of the pets that I focus on are tamed (I'm a legendary collector) and when I have the time and when I want to see my gorgeous boys, I'll swap over to my "League of Beautiful Gentleman" party and I'll play with them every now and again. :) Tamed team consisting of a shadow tank, a light support and this reckless wind boy. xD I will eventually bring them over to the Lost Grove even though I know they'll probably die a lot. I'd like to get each of them a full set of epic gear before I do. I'm not sure I want to see my baby boys constantly dropping just because of the way I flavor them. They were actually the team i used for Dungeon of the Forsaken before it got revamped and I always enjoyed taking them out. I've never tried them in the arena, but they're too high of a level for that now. Pretty sure I have a level 25 tamed team sitting around somewhere that I can try it with though. (My arena knowledge is super rusty at this point, but I'd be willing to give it a shot if you ever want to compare notes for it.)
Nightstooth
Level 70
The Tactician
Posted: 3/11/2019 at 3:43 PM Post #9
The problem I have with the people who try to push me to get max stat pets is that they sound like they'd be helpless in the Lost Grove without them and couldn't do squat without them. And that they come off sounding like they think I'd be completely helpless without max stat pets. Which is part of the reason I've been working on a guide to battle stategy lately, to prove that I know what I'm doing.

I don't think the Lost Grove is going to go away anytime soon with Krinadon trying to push himself to release more updates for it. Permanent feature or not, it has the feeling of something that will stay around for awhile, for a couple of years at least, unlike festivals. And I didn't use max stat pets for last fest's leaderboards, and I still ranked on them.
Malikas
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 48
Posted: 3/15/2019 at 8:06 AM Post #10
Grats on the leaderboard Nightstooth!

Max stats make things a bit easier, especially at the start of the lost grove (around lvl 60). But once skill ranks go up, they quickly become more important, together with equipment! The boost from bonuses is much larger then the boost from stats.

My advice to people is to find a team your happy with, and stick with them! :D
Go to Page:
1, 2
This Page loaded in 0.021 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.