Players 2,440 389
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,234,189 1,275
Generated 655,955 49
Captured 1,189,822 102
Bred 6,388,320 1,124
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Q&A (Newbie Friendly) > Getting green instead of purple. Help wi...
Page 1  
Author Thread Post
Nightstooth
Level 70
The Tactician
Threads: 21
Posted: 1/17/2019 at 6:22 AM Post #1
This one's body color was suppose to be a very, very dark purple. I didn't save the original design to the generator, but putting it back in and messing with the color, I got hex 12002B. This is actually lighter than what I was going for when I generated the pet.

The mane was suppose to be a dark purple. After the incident with the bear, I saved this one to the generator before making it. It's hex code is 240047 in the generator, and it's not even as dark as the bear.

I made a bunch of pets before this with essences and been doing dye jobs with mostly lesser dyes. So far what I've gotten is at least something in the range of the color (such black coming out as dark grey or a brown in the orange range coming out a brownish-reddish color or an orange coming out with a reddish hue or orange coming out yellow). I haven't seen purple come out as green so far, and they aren't even next to each other on the color wheel.

When I go to fix this with dyes, what hex codes should I put in so that I at least get purple and not green?

And I was considering using purple in my Lighira, but fortunately, I haven't generated the pet yet since I am undecided on which design to go with. The purple hexes are 400069 and CF82FF. Think this will turn out green, too? It's a standard, basic essence that I have for it.
Somneli
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 111
Posted: 1/17/2019 at 8:34 AM Post #2
Unfortunately, lesser dyes can have a very wide color swing. Your best bet would be to use greater dyes, which don't have as much swing. But if you can only afford lessers, you may just have to hope for the best with RNG :\
Nightstooth
Level 70
The Tactician
Posted: 1/18/2019 at 8:10 PM Post #3
Are there any shades / colors / between colors that I should go for to increase my chances of getting purple instead of a completely unrelated color?
Somneli
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 111
Posted: 1/18/2019 at 8:11 PM Post #4
*shrug* I'm really sure. You might try asking Xavion...? Having done a lot of projects, Xav would probably know more about dyes than I do.
Malikas
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 48
Posted: 1/19/2019 at 3:01 PM Post #5
Lesser dyes do not give exact colors. Even greater dyes aren't 100% exact (though they are close). Only regens are precise.

The color swing can be pretty dramatic with lesser dyes! If a particular color is important, I've found its sometimes cheaper to go with a.greater dye than loads of lesser dyes over and over until you get the right one!

Personally, I've found that light colors look worse with lesser dyes, and I always use greater for those!

For example, a light green and a link pink seem close to the computer, but really different to our eyes! Not so much a slightly different shade of green in the mid/darker ranges.

I still get weird stuff with darker colors, but retrying once or twice is usually enough. With the light colors, the retries seem endless!

Edit: I haven't used the very dark ranges very much with dyes. But from your post, it looks like the very dark ranges have the same issue as the very light ranges...
Edited By Malikas on 1/19/2019 at 3:07 PM.
Nightstooth
Level 70
The Tactician
Posted: 1/19/2019 at 5:52 PM Post #6
Someone please lock this thread. Mainly, people are telling me over and over again what I already know, and it's not really helping much. I need to spend time getting dyes, anyways.

This Page loaded in 0.009 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.