Page 1 1, 2 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Pisces2012
Level 33
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 1
Posted: 11/25/2018 at 2:17 PM Post #1
Frustrated rant from a new player:

Oh my gosh. This game is so seriously frustrating and difficult to navigate.

I think I just sold my only two hand-held wrenches for zero gold. And I worked really hard to earn the chocolate coins for the retired item chests that they came out of. The event is a struggle for new players.

I moved them to the green "sell" area in my inventory. I thought it would put them in the trade broker or something. But now I realize that I think it sells them back to the game. Why isn't there some sort of popup warning that asks to verify that we really do want to sell our items for nothing?

I feel like I'll never get enough gold to get a second tab on my stable and that feels hopeless. I won some eggs from the site but now I have to choose between letting go of a few of my precious pets or keeping the eggs. It feels like there is so little for new players to be able to do here and every single thing is incredibly difficult to achieve.

This doesn't feel very fun and I honestly feel like just giving up on this. Its so hard to get anywhere here. Even the holiday event was frustrating and a struggle. Events are supposed to be fun and exciting and a way to fall in love with the site. I left this event feeling defeated and frustrated.

Usually at this stage I've already spent money on site currency but honestly if the only way to make progress here is to spend money then I don't want to spend it here. I'd rather spend it on sites where I feel happy and not frustrated.

I think I'll just take a break from this and play some of my other games for awhile. :(
Scathreoite
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 83
Posted: 11/25/2018 at 2:36 PM Post #2
To broker items, you left-click the item and then hit the "broker item" button- right-clicking is, yes, for selling items to the site. You could make a suggestion in the Suggestions Forum about a popup asking if you're sure you want to sell things there.

For making Gold, I'd suggest sending some pets on Missions in Esior's Haven/Sanctuary of Saerielle, as they're pretty much the best way to get gold (guide here)
They also provide (if your pet does well in the mission and gets mission satchels) extra gold, healing items, equipment, and the very rare chance of Essences.

For Adventuring, the trick is more in learning how proficiency and equipment work-
You have Un-named the zolnixi and Flora as your team.

> Make sure un-named, as an earth pet, is in slot 1
> when you can, you'll want to swap his prof to either HP or Agi
> Earth pets want to have Assassin (Str/Agi) equipment (his Evoker bracelet should be swapped for Flora's Assassin bracelet)
> Light pets want predominantly Evoker (Int/Dex) equips with maybe some Illusionist (Int/Agi) thrown in. Int prof is fine (Light pets typically get the first three profs put to Int)

> Neither Earth or Light are attacker oriented types, being Tank and Healer oriented respectively. Air (Physical, Str/Dex profs, Myrmidon equips) and Fire (Magical, Int/maybe Dex, Evoker equips) are the attack-oriented elements.

> one more level up and the two of them will get their next proficiency point, and access to their second attack
Edited By Scathreoite on 11/25/2018 at 2:37 PM.
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 11/25/2018 at 3:32 PM Post #3
I returned your 2 Wrenches to you. You can find them in your Trades.
Pisces2012
Level 33
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 11/26/2018 at 3:13 PM Post #4
Krinadon thank you so much for this. This was totally unexpected and I'm so appreciative!

Scathreoite thank you so so much for all of the helpful information. I'll spend some time reading through the guide that you linked. And I'm sure that I'll come back and re-read what you wrote a few times as I learn more about battles and pet stats.
Tylandsya
Level 70
Trickster
Threads: 3
Posted: 11/27/2018 at 8:15 AM Post #5
Hello
I am newby also and I will not try to explain you the game play. But I hope that now you can make money enough quicly to be sur to keep the nice eggs and adols you have in your hatcherie.

Remember always about the necessity to first buy the stabbles tabs before make shopping in all this incredible adoption centers and pet shops of the other players. I know, I know! they are so beautiful!!!

Perhaps it will help you to know that if you buy some hight level pet, too hight to go in your party with you, you can use them in hight missions wich give you more gold and stuff.

Hmm. No money it's not absolutely necessary to play, and I havn't buy any diamonds at this moment.
But I had spent lot of time here those ten days lol. And I hope later can help the game also when I will have more cash again.

Try to make good missions, how much you can, and with a little time I am sur you will be abble to have a great stable. And now you will better understand the game you will better appreciate the winter event.

If you need more help pm me.
Edited By Tylandsya on 11/27/2018 at 8:17 AM.
Pisces2012
Level 33
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 11/27/2018 at 5:03 PM Post #6
Tylandsya thank you so much for your reply. I really appreciate it. I've started sending my two battle pets into missions so that I can earn more gold for my stable. You are right, there are many beautiful pets here.

I'm very excited for the winter event. I will know a lot more about this game by then.

And welcome to Sylestia also! :)
Lovespell
Level 70
Majestic Brewmaster
Threads: 9
Posted: 11/27/2018 at 6:06 PM Post #7
In case it helps, I remember when I first joined Sylestia, it made me ecstatic and much more interested in staying once I learned about the Advanced Search feature, where you can buy pets from other players, rather than having to generate every pet you want to own. You can find it here:
https://www.sylestia.com/search/

I remember thinking Sylestia was frustrating at first too, but looking through the forums or asking questions helped and made me feel a lot more at home quickly. Thankfully the community here is really welcoming and nonjudmental, it doesn't have an abrasive or competitive atmosphere, just a lot of friendly people ready to help (at least that's what I've always experienced)

Best of luck in the winter festival! ^^
Somneli
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 111
Posted: 11/27/2018 at 6:13 PM Post #8
If I may pitch in a bit too c:

As someone else mentioned, about 99% of the time this community is a very great one. Most people are willing to answer questions and help out a bit with different things. And yes, missions are very helpful. Do missions :P

As for buying currency - it's definitely possible to get by without. Thanks to the currency exchange, it's possible to get diamonds for any purchases you may need (though of course that relies heavily on people selling and prices being reasonable).

I've never spent a cent of real money on this site, but I do just fine for myself. Buying stables, items, etc.

And another thing - it does get easier as you go. I remember struggling through fest zones with low-stat pets - I could hardly touch any of the nameds for quite a while. But then I saved up enough for higher-stat pets, and those helped me fight and get items from the nameds that I could then use or sell, which gave me gold for other things...

Once you get started, it kinda becomes an ascending spiral as one thing leads to another leads to another until suddenly you can support yourself very well. :)
Pisces2012
Level 33
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 11/27/2018 at 6:31 PM Post #9
Somneli thank you. This feels encouraging. I started doing missions and I can see now that it will start to add up if I can keep going. I'm excited to see how much I can grow before the next event. :)

I didn't really understand levels and stats before (I still don't really) but I just realized that when I released a bunch of pets to make room in my stable I released this one. It has higher level than my own. Is it worth reclaiming or is it still pretty low?

https://www.sylestia.com/view/pets/?petid=3420649
Edited By Pisces2012 on 11/27/2018 at 6:48 PM.
Christinewho
Level 75
Stocking Stuffer
Threads: 42
Posted: 11/28/2018 at 5:44 PM Post #10
you won't be able to use in your party since is level is to higher from yours but it's better to reclaim it but you need diamonds for it...Also, it is a themed just saying.
Edited By Christinewhogaming on 11/28/2018 at 5:45 PM.
Go to Page:
1, 2
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.