Players 2,393 361
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,247,200 1,865
Generated 656,261 10
Captured 1,190,628 52
Bred 6,400,216 1,803
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Q&A (Newbie Friendly) > Quick Money?
Page 1  
Author Thread Post
Maroononix
Level 51
Threads: 2
Posted: 7/18/2018 at 2:43 AM Post #1
I'm decently into the game, I have all 3 part slots and my pets have their Level 30 skills. But what I still can't figure out I how everyone manages to get so much money... I see people on forums that are lower level than I am but have 4-5 stables. I know for a fact that stables are expensive, so how do they get so much money while I'm stuck hoping to get a chest with 200 Gold while exploring? Any help or tips is gladly welcomed.
Scathreoite
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 83
Posted: 7/18/2018 at 4:16 AM Post #2
Typically, Missions and selling junk equipment that you get from battling/mission satchels back to the site.

There's a Guide to ways to make gold Here and a guide to missions here.

Because Stables are bought with Diamonds, not gold (and people often buy the stables when there's a Sale going on (which means that a) you get more diamonds when you buy them, b) diamonds often end up cheaper in currency exchange, c) stables are also on sale and thus cheaper)) and it has nothing to do with player level or time spent- if they're willing to buy the diamonds from the site, they can get the stables
Edited By Scathreoite on 7/18/2018 at 4:26 AM.
GhostPirate
Level 70
Trickster
Threads: 62
Posted: 7/18/2018 at 11:47 AM Post #3
Missions! Mission, missions, missions.. buy cheap level 60 pets off AS (advanced search) and put all their proficiency points in one stat (ex. this girl that I own. I attuned her to shadow then put all three proficiency points in agility - it took her up to 559 agility).

Another way to simply save gold is to not buy traps. Seriously, you can live without the one-star common no-vis male zolnixi you just encountered. Save your gold for better looking pets. (Honestly, you can buy 6vis pets off AS for cheap).

Anyways, those rants are over. People get stables by purchasing diamonds (the way most players get more than one stable) or saving up gold to buy diamonds off the currency exchange (usually only higher level, more well-off players do this, because getting 500 diamonds with gold can easily cost 925k).

I hope I helped! If you have any questions about anything, feel free to ask me!
SpaceElf1
Level 75
Ghost Writer
Threads: 673
Posted: 7/18/2018 at 1:51 PM Post #4
Maroon, the above advice totally works, although, I would hold out for using really nice pets, that you would have wanted anyway, as your Mission pets. For example, your Ryori is intelligent. He would make a good pet to use on Missions that require high Intelligence. The Puffadore in your Hatchery would also be a good Intelligence Mission pet. Remember, you want to have pets constantly going out on Missions, so you'll need more than one Mission pet for each of the five types: Agility, Dexterity, Health, Intelligence, and Strength.

Also, it seems as though, after a player has been playing Sylestia for roughly 3 months, they cross an invisible breakpoint. Suddenly, gold becomes much, much easier to get.

And if you aren't sure what Equipment works best on which type of pet, or where to find pets that will be useful for various purposes, ask! Everybody was new once.

BTW, if you don't mind me asking, why does your Starter pet only have 2 Carried traits?
Torey
Level 75
High Priest
Threads: 65
Posted: 7/18/2018 at 2:05 PM Post #5
If my experience is anything to go by, new players may not know about breeding and traits when they make their first pet. For example, my starter only has two visible traits and none carried because I was brand new and missed my "free pass" for easier breeding projects.
Imperium
Level 75
Guardian
Threads: 386
Posted: 7/20/2018 at 10:54 AM Post #6
Another tip~ Take advantage of festivals, especially when you're new, to help you build up some gold! :)

There are four big festivals every year: Spring Festival, Summer Festival, Fall Festival, Winter Festival

Each festival lasts for about three weeks. Summer festival will be approaching soon. Admins are ball parking the start time to be August. During the festivals, you can enter the "Festival Zone" listed under "Explore" > "Seasonal Festival" (currently the option is greyed out). While exploring the zone you'll be able to find festival tokens (they sell from 500g-1500g each in the trade broker), avatar items, themed pets and other festival supplies, most of which can be sold for a nice chunk of change. :) You can also just use the items yourself though if there's something from the festival that you really want.

Another way to make some gold, without raising a user level, would be via nurturing pets. This avoids the battle route~ While nurturing pets, you can obtain a currency called "scales" which can be used in the scale shop.

Items in the scale shop that tend to generally sell are: Lesser Pet Dyes (40k-75k average in sales, depending on supply and demand, usually demand is high), Lesser Genetic Mutators (40k-75k average in sales, would recommend going with pet dye's for more profit, demand increases during festivals), Philter of Nullification (75k-100k average in sales, low demand item though for specific use), and scale shop eggs that are 1900+ in scales.
1900+ scale shop eggs contain something called legendary pets, which are tamed pets with 6 starting trait points, traits and colors are randomized. The more scales the egg costs, the higher the number of visible traits, with three vis being the highest and costing between 2400-2490 scales. Species is limited to regular, excluding Puffadore, Kelpari and Lunemara. The only other way to get these is to snag them from the wild using master snare traps or get lucky while exploring via the third zone or fest zone. Sales on these, around 100k-400k, you have to find the right buyer- one suggestion would be to male a sales thread. (I personally collect legendary pets myself, so I've been known to buy sometimes. :) )

Along with the scale shop, sometimes you'll even find essences while you nurture, which you can then sell on the trade broker. The chances are incredibly low, but if you're lucky you'll find regular or even enhanced essences of the species. You can find fabled species essences this way~

During festivals, nurturing drops festival tokens every now and then. You can also take advantage of the nurturing contest boards during festivals to snag some festival things. :)

Sorry, that ended up being a really long explanation. xD
Welcome to Sylestia by the way~!
I hope you're enjoying your time here! :)
Maroononix
Level 51
Posted: 7/20/2018 at 10:13 PM Post #7
I didnt exactly understand the trait thing, so i didnt know how much i COULD give him... so i prepared for his future in breeding
SpaceElf1
Level 75
Ghost Writer
Threads: 673
Posted: 7/21/2018 at 12:18 AM Post #8
If you like, you could ask Krinadon (site admin and chief coder) to adjust the traits on your pet. Krin knows that players sometimes don't quite understand how to make their Starter look the way they want them to look, and he has corrected other players' Starter pets before this.

For example, you could ask him to make each of Ohenek's traits a Visible trait. Just sayin'.
Maroononix
Level 51
Posted: 7/21/2018 at 1:41 AM Post #9
Meh. I like him how he is. Besides, whats the point in making mistakes if you learn nothing from them.

This Page loaded in 0.010 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.