Forum Index > Q&A (Newbie Friendly) > Undead Knights
Page 1 1, 2 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Akumakashi
Level 61
Majestic Sculptor
Threads: 21
Posted: 7/9/2018 at 11:14 AM Post #1
Only started yesterday and mostly have the hang of this, but one thing has me very confused. It was in the umbra forest trying to save the rotting tree, got to the dark room, managed to beat a few zombies, but then Undead Knights subbed in for the Decayed Archers I took out in one fight and wiped the floor with me. It that supposed to happen? Does my team stand any chance? Level 28 Qitaris. The female, Ivory, is a wind elemental. Corrin is fire. Irovy is the starter pet. I don't have the third slot yet and can't come close to having the coins to get it. Corrin had 4 purple stars when caught in the tutorial.
Tigress
Level 75
Guardian of the Realm
Threads: 371
Posted: 7/9/2018 at 11:38 AM Post #2
This was a long time ago for me, but if I remember correctly, there are some battles where you have to defeat more than three enemies. Once you kill one of them, another will pop in until you have defeated all of them.

Leveling up your pets, getting good equipment, and having three battle slots will definitely help. How much does the next slot cost? I'll be happy to give some gold or lend you a pet or two.

Missions are a good way to earn gold and the rewards often include equipment. They also give exp points to your pets. If you need further explanations or tips about missions, I'll be happy to help. :)
Akumakashi
Level 61
Majestic Sculptor
Posted: 7/9/2018 at 1:48 PM Post #3
I'm actually pretty good at getting things to level up, so I wouldn't need another pet. The next slot was 25k. I had to do a double take when I saw that. Having more than 3 enemies in a battle really sucks, but at least they can't all attack you at once. I did go back to the previous area to train and my party pets have the best equipment I've gotten so far, but thanks to healing them I'm at next to nothing now. This is a blow to my pride and my ego won't let me quit until I win now. This game is pretty cool and the first of it's kind that I've played if you don't count pokemon.
Faeyla
Level 75
Trickster
Threads: 36
Posted: 7/9/2018 at 2:54 PM Post #4
Part of your issue may be that you dont have a tank pet. Both wind and fire are dps, so they are not going to take the hits as well. I would try changing one of them to shadow and see if that helps.

Earth is also a tank, but without a light healer you will be shoving potions at it like theres no tomorrow. :-P. I find shadow can usually heal itself enough to keep potion usage to a minimum.
Scathreoite
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 83
Posted: 7/9/2018 at 4:45 PM Post #5
Sylestia's battles are kind of constructed from Umbra on with the expectation that you'll have three party pets- the most typical party setup is Tank(Earth/Water/Shadow)/ Light Healer/ Attacker(Air/Fire) for a reason.
Because they're both designed as Glass Cannon elements, neither Fire or Air have the ability to boost their own defences, debuff the enemies' abilities, or heal without using Mend.

On pet equips, they do need a look over- Air pets want Str/Dex, yes, but one of Ivory's is an Illusionist (Int/Agi), and Fire pets want Int/Dex, but Corrin has Bolt's equips, which are Int/Agi. (You'll also want to try and get Epic or better rarity- rarity plays a big role in how good an equip is)
(although, of course, with no tank you'd probably want all the Agi you could get)

Anyway, with battles against more that three opponents, where a new one fills the slot of one you've beaten, a fire pet is going to make it more difficult than it really needs to be. In that kind of battle, you typically want to focus on a single enemy slot, and just keep taking out that slot so you bottleneck the higher difficulty ones.

When it comes to healing, I'd suggest... just take the pets off your party and let them heal over time (Oh boy, we know we spent a hecklot of gold on healing when we were new and didn't know about that)
Edited By Scathreoite on 7/9/2018 at 4:47 PM.
Akumakashi
Level 61
Majestic Sculptor
Posted: 7/9/2018 at 5:28 PM Post #6
That's good to know. The elements follow the same concept as pokemon. Earth has high defense and can land a heavy hit, but is slow. Light and similar types heal, but dont take damage as well. Wind lands good hits and is very fast and agile, but lacks in the defensive categories. Fire is my favorite, being fast, strong, agile, and able to land status conditions like burning. I'll see if I can make the gold I need to get that third slot by completing missions.
Scathreoite
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Posted: 7/9/2018 at 8:37 PM Post #7
uh... not really.
Speed and attack power depend mostly on the stats and equips you apply- and which you want to apply taking into consideration the pet's purpose- what it comes down to is the effects of the attacks.

(If we don't mention Damage Output, the move either doesn't have damage output or it's 100%. Damage output is the pet's Physical Damage or Magical Damage number, depending on the pet's element)
(All of these are Rank 1 attack effects and outputs, as you can only increase move Ranks in the Lost Grove, after you complete the currently available main story up through Astryl's Tranquility)

Earth (Phys)
Rather than "high defense and can land a heavy hit, but is slow"
> Earth Tanks are best statted with HP, Str, or Agi (our own lv70 earth tank is 1HP/2Str/2Agi, HP to sponge attacks slightly, Str to increase damage output and absorbtion, Agi to raise evasiveness, speed, and defences)

> base attack, Leeching Vines, can inflict a Debuff on the opponent that lower their abilities, and which do some healing to the earth pet (consider it a combo of a pokemon move that lowers the opponents' speed, accuracy and evasion stats by 1 stage, and acts a little like leech seed, which lasts for two turns.) Stacks.

> They get thorncoat at level 30, which is basically like Counter/Mirror coat in pokemon and lasts three turns (also buffs the pet's defences a bit)

> They get Mocking Blow at level 65, which inflicts Taunt on the opponent for three turns (think the pokemon move Follow Me). Does 150% damage output

> Level 70 is Sneering howl, which also inflicts taunted like Mocking Blow, but on all enemies at once, and gives the pet 200% damage absorbtion.

Light (Mag)
You said: "Light and similar types heal, but dont take damage as well."
> Light is the only element that can consistently heal all pets on the party (Water has moves at levels 30 and 70 that... kind of let them heal others, but)
> While Light can be a Tank, they're best used as Light Healers, with their first three prof points in Int (Our Light Healer has 3Int/2Dex to capitalise on the higher healing return crits get)

> Base attack, Beam, has a 50% chance of healing the whole team for 50% of the damage output.

> Fairy Light, the lv30 attack, is a guaranteed heal to all party pets for 100% of the damage output.

> Restoration, lv65, lets you heal any party pet for 150% of the Light pet's damage output

> Divine Balance, lv70, activates either when it expires after three turns or a pet is KO'd. Averages and redistributes HP to heal the pets, focusing on the pet with the lowest HP, then additionally heals 150% of the Light pet's damage output (it's... a little like a combo of the pokemon moves Wish and Pain Split?, if wish affected all pokemon on your side in a triple battle, and triggered if a pokemon was KO'd)

Air (Phys)
Your Statement "Wind lands good hits and is very fast and agile, but lacks in the defensive categories."
> ahah, Our Air pet is the slowest of our three main team pets (Earth tank is 1001 agi, light healer is 422, and air attacker is 327.) You don't want to waste prof points or equips in agi on an air pet, they want Str and Dex all the way (Our Air Attacker has 3Str/2Dex. and basically gets crits four attacks out of five)

> Slash, the base attack, hits for 150% of the pet's damage output, and has a 100% chance to inflict the Bleeding debuff when the pet lands a critical hit. The Bleeding debuff lasts for two turns, deals 100% of the air pet's damage output per turn, and can stack (so you can land a crit, inflict the debuff, get a crit the next turn, and they'll have two bleeding debuffs, each dealing the 100% damage output.)

> Razor Wind, lv30, deals 300% damage output, and has guaranteed infliction of Bleeding for four turns- but a buffed up Bleeding. Razor Wind inflicts a Bleeding that deals 200% damage output, and still stacks with Slash's Bleeding debuffs.

> Torrential Blow, lv65, deals 200% damage output, buffs the air pet with 20% buff to Crit rate and Quickness, and debuffs the opponent with Dazed, which makes them take an additional +50% of the damage output from Bleeding

> Decimate, lv70, deals 500% damage output, with +3% damage for every HP% the opponent is missing. (Great fun, especially at higher ranks, where it does more damage for every HP% the opponent is missing, especially when combined with a critical hit)(I jsut used it on an Elite Lost Grove enemy who had very little HP left, maybe 5k of over 100kHP "Turn 16: Voulges Force's Decimate Critically Hits Crazed Druid for 67,516 Physical Damage!")

Fire (Mag)
You said: "Fire is my favorite, being fast, strong, agile, and able to land status conditions like burning."
> Fire pets want Int and Dex, but because their debuff isn't 100% infliction on a critical, there might be more point to focusing more on their Int prof.

> Fireball, the base attack, has the speciality that it hits two opponents at once (somewhat akin to the pokemon move Flame Burst, I guess, but not really). It has a 50% chance of inflicting Burning debuff when it gets a critical, which lasts for three turns dealing 100% damage output. Stacks.

> lv30 gets Explosive Fireball, which deals 200% damage output, hits all enemies, and inflicts Combusting (which is frankly one of the greatest debuffs, it's so fun). Combusting lasts for three turns, deals 25% damage, and doubles per turn. When it runs out it deals an additional 200% damage to all enemies (meaning if you're against three enemies, the first one goes off and hits all enemies, then the second goes off and hits all enemies, and then the third goes off; it's great and I love it)

> lv65 gets flamehtrow, which deals 200% damage output, and gives the pet Engulfed, granting it a +20% damage output buff for the four turns it lasts.

> lv70 has Conflagrate (Which I have never used, so I can't speak of what it feels like to use in battle) which has 300% damage output and hits all enemies. Inflicts a four-turn debuff, Inferno, which deals 300% damage, but the damage is split between all enemies?

Water (Phys)
> Probably want HP/Str/Agi on a Water tank, but though it used to be my main tank element before the proficiency overhaul we're still getting a handle on it again (it changed a bit) Maybe they primarily want HP and Str for sponging damage and increased Absorbtion.
> Ice Barrier and Ice Sphere are the only non-Light attacks that can allow a pet to heal other pets.

> Bolt, the base attack, 150% damage output and 50% cance of granting Frost buff for three turns, which absorbs 50% damage output.

> Ice Barrier, lv30, grants one party pet of your choice Ice Barrier buff for three turns. The buff absorbs 200% damage output, restores 50% of the damage absorbed to the pet. The pet is immune to crits and some (but not all) special attacks.

> Tidal Surge, lv65, deals 150% damage, hits all enemies, and grants the whole party the Surge buff, which is a 3 turn buff that boosts Damage outputs by 10% and quickness by 20%

> Ice Sphere, lv70, grants a 4 turn, full party buff. Absorbs 400% damage, shared between all pets. Otherwise, the same as Ice Barrier.

Shadow (Mag)
> I really haven't used high level shadow tanks enough to get a proper grasp on what exact prof. distribution they want. Some combo of HP, Int, Agi.

> Force, the base attack, has a 25% chance of inflicting Siphoned debuff to the opponent. Siphoned deals 50% damage and restores 100% of that to the pet (like an Absorb/leech seed combo).

> Vampiric Strike, lv30, deals 200% damage and matches that in healing the pet.

> Hateful Strike, lv65, 100% damage, hits two enemies and also inflicts Taunted.

> Siphon, lv70 (another move I haven't used), inflicts Drained on one enemy for six turns, decreasing Crit chance, Avoidance, and Accuracy by 10%, and buffs the Shadow pet with Augmented for four turns, increasing the healing done by all other Shadow attacks by 50%.
Edited By Scathreoite on 7/9/2018 at 8:44 PM.
Akumakashi
Level 61
Majestic Sculptor
Posted: 7/9/2018 at 8:54 PM Post #8
That went into a lot of detail. Very helpful! I'll be sure to apply this knowledge as long as I can keep it straight. If I can get my two main team members to level 30 then it sounds like I'll get a pretty good boost with their new abilities. I'm having several extra pets in my stables going on easy missions to slowly earn the gold I need for a third slot in my party. Once I have that, I'll check out the farthest area I can reach and hunt for something I like. Then, I'd most likely have it be Earth and eventually switch out Irovy for a light element unless Wind Fire and Earth works for me.
Scathreoite
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Posted: 7/10/2018 at 7:11 AM Post #9
Just be aware that Tank pets always go in the lead/first party slot- that's the one that enemies tend to aim at the most.
Akumakashi
Level 61
Majestic Sculptor
Posted: 7/10/2018 at 7:26 PM Post #10
I noticed that yesterday. Sure was a pain at first.
Go to Page:
1, 2
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.