Forum Index > Battle Discussion > Battle Party
Page 1  
Author Thread Post
WildAtHeart24
Level 75
The Sweet Tooth
Threads: 84
Posted: 5/13/2018 at 7:15 AM Post #1
Ok so i'm in the LG and need some advice for my battle party.
See below for my pets

Skyie
https://www.sylestia.com/view/pets/?petid=2738371

Kaiea
https://www.sylestia.com/view/pets/?petid=2733290

Asarn
https://www.sylestia.com/view/pets/?petid=3458468
Edited By Ana24 on 5/13/2018 at 7:16 AM.
Katty
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Threads: 202
Posted: 5/13/2018 at 7:25 AM Post #2
1. you have a tank and 2 attackers. You need a healer in there
2. they need gear equipped that match their elements/stats.
3. Max stats do really well in the LG. i switched from my main battlers to a max stat team when i hit the LG because they went down so fast.
Former team

Max stat team
Somneli
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 111
Posted: 5/13/2018 at 7:29 AM Post #3
I'm hardly a battle expert - but here's some stuff I've learned from experience.

-You're gonna want to give them all their fourth proficiency point. I'd recommend strength for air and either health or agility for earth.

-I've personally found it very useful to have a light healer in TLG. It's not obligatory, of course, you can use whatever elements you want - but if you find yourself having trouble staying alive, you might want to consider investing in a healer.

-Work on getting good equipment. Exotic and vinethorn are good. (And like Kattaria said, it should match their skill points as much as possible.) I have a couple of extra vinethorns I can send you. If you have to use non-TLG equipment, I'd recommend getting legendary or mythical stuff if possible - and again, I can send you some if you want it.
Edited By Somneli on 5/13/2018 at 7:30 AM.
WildAtHeart24
Level 75
The Sweet Tooth
Posted: 5/13/2018 at 7:43 AM Post #4
The items would be great thanks i just don't much about the armor needed or
that there was any difference element wise for them
Scathreoite
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 83
Posted: 5/13/2018 at 7:47 AM Post #5
Name: Asarn
Level: 65
Element: Earth
Prof.: 2HP, 1Dex, 1-
Relic: Illusionist, legendary, lv50
Armor: Assassin, legendary, lv50
Acc.: Storm Caller, rare, lv60
Acc.: Disciple, legendary, lv50

I'm assuming he's slot1/Tank pet.
> you want lv60 legendary or Grove equips where you can.
> Swap out his Relic as soon as you can, that's an Int/Agi relic, which is doing him, as a Physical element, no good attack-strength-wise.
> Earth tanks want Str/Agi equips, so Assassin, Tidal Lord, Warden (depending on the exact stat setup you want)
> Disciple equips are kinda Eh.
> he's got an unassigned prof point
> Tanks don't want Dex- on an Earth Tank with 4 points, you might go with 1Attack/3Agi, 1HP/3Agi, 1HP/1Attack/2Agi, 2HP/2Agi, but... not Dex. (our own Earth tank is 1HP/2Attack/2Agi, for example)

Name: Kaiea
Element: Air
Prof.: 1HP, 1Str, 1Dex, 1-
Relic: Reaver, rare, lv60
Armor: Illusionist, legendary, lv60
Acc.: Storm Caller, epic, lv60
Acc.: Disciple, epic, lv60

> Air is Phys Attacker element, and made to be a Glass Cannon, so you want profs all in Attack and Dex (Air element debuff Bleeding is inflicted when the pet gets a critical hit on the enemy)
> Reaver stats are Agi>Int>Str>Dex, aka basically the last thing you want on an Air pet (They're designed more for Shadow Tanks). Air pets want Myrmidon or Storm Caller all the way.
> Same with Illusionist equip
> Accessory 1 is all good
>Disciple equips continue to be Eh.

Name: Skyie
Element: Fire
Prof.: 1HP, 2Int, 1Dex
Relic: Tidal Lord, rare, lv60
Armor: Arcanist, epic, lv60
Acc.: Warden, epic, lv60
Acc.: Tidal Lord, rare, lv60

> Again an element designed to be a Glass Cannon, and more expected to be statted in Int/Dex than having HP prof.
> Give the Tidal and Warden equips (which are Str>Agi>Dex>Int and Agi>Str>Int>Dex respectively) to Asarn instead, they're dead weight on a Fire pet.
> Arcanist are... well, I've never seen any point to them, except maybe if you're equipping an Int. Mission pet.
> Fire pets want Evoker or Pyromancer equips.

Overall:
Higher base statted pets are very useful in the Grove- you don't need Max, but... higher makes it easier.

Running a team with two attackers and no Light pet at all is a pretty tricky thing to do. (I myself haven't done it in a while, not since way before the Prof. overhaul, so I don't really know how it works in the grove, though I do think there are some people doing it?)

Having a Tank/Light Healer/Attacker setup in the grove is very useful.
Edited By Scathreoite on 5/13/2018 at 7:48 AM.
Somneli
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 111
Posted: 5/13/2018 at 7:52 AM Post #6
Okay. Sending over some stuff.

-Take the Warden's Vinethorn Bracer off of Skyie and give it to Asarn.

-Give Skyie the Archon's Relic, Archon's Bracer, and Tough Bracelet of the Evoker. She can keep the Tough Armor of the Evoker she already has.

-Kaiea can keep her Storm Caller's Vinethorn Bracer and Storm Caller's Exotic Bracer, but give her the Storm Caller's Vinethorn Relic and Tough Armor of the Myrmidon.

-Give Asarn the Warden's Vinethorn Bracer from Skyie, as well as the Tough Relic of the Assassin, the Tough Armor of the Assassin, and the Tough Bracelet of the Assassin.

Hope that helps!
Scathreoite
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 83
Posted: 5/13/2018 at 8:08 AM Post #7
also, we went over Grove equip types in this post, if you needed a reference for those- what you equip your pets with counts for a lot, especially if you equip the wrong kind of relic.

Example, Kaiea is an Air element- a physical type- with a Reaver Relic- a Magic type.
Her stats say:
Physical Damage: 305
Magical Damage: 409
Strength: 610 (22 + 0)
Intelligence: 217 (20 + 0)
Dexterity: 554 (22 + 0)
Agility: 288 (24 + 0)

the 'Magical Damage' does nothing, because she uses the Physical Damage for her attack calculations, being Air element.
Reaver relic gives her +300 Magic Damage- without it equipped, her Mag. Damage would be 'Magical Damage: 109'.
If she had a Storm Caller relic, which is +300 Physical Damage, she'd have damage output running off of 'Physical Damage: 605' instead of '305'
(... well, not quite those numbers exactly. Because of the differences the equips have in how much they boost the Str and Int stats of a pet, the damage boosts/losses would be a bit different, but I'm not a Mathy person to try to figure out exactly how much more/less the things are relative to those changes)
Edited By Scathreoite on 5/13/2018 at 8:12 AM.
WildAtHeart24
Level 75
The Sweet Tooth
Posted: 5/13/2018 at 8:14 AM Post #8
Ahh ok thank you all i have added to their equips thanks to Somneli and
hopefully will have better luck now. However it's now time for as it's 1.15 am here
so will come back later to try it out

This Page loaded in 0.010 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.