Players 2,356 329
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,254,335 1,023
Generated 656,427 16
Captured 1,190,988 63
Bred 6,406,825 944
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Suggestion Box > Pet Economy Suggestions (Open to everyon...
Page 2 1, 2, 3 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Mikazukichan
Level 75
The Artistic
Threads: 313
Posted: 2/23/2018 at 2:37 PM Post #11
Hey Xav, wasn't sure if you saw this, but Eim created a post in general discussion on the same topic last night. Not sure where it would be better to consolidate all the ideas, but just so all ideas can be considered together, thought I'd mention it ^.^
Xavion
Level 75
The Perfectionist
Threads: 434
Posted: 2/23/2018 at 3:10 PM Post #12
Nope, totally didn't see it; I figured the suggestion box would be better for... well, suggestions. >.>;
Aizar
Level 70
Warden of Umbra
Threads: 35
Posted: 2/23/2018 at 6:15 PM Post #13
Suggestion: To tag off the idea of a an NPC market to sell pets to--maybe there can be daily/weekly quests attached to these. For example, one week the king is trying to scout out a new underwater territory, and wants lots of Sylvorpas to do it. So Sylvorpas temporarily sell for more than the other pets during that week. Another example might be an NPC breeder (!) is trying to find a Qitari with the Leopard trait, so the player can accept a task to give them one Qitari with a Hidden or Visible Leopard trait (more for the Vis).

Cons:Albeit this might encourage more "trash breeding" as players try to meet the demands...

Pros: ...but I figure it would also provide a little flavor, and make pets "released" in this manner seem like they might be going to a home that wants them.

Suggestion:My other suggestion is to make the inbred stat count for something! Perhaps severely inbred may lead to a decrease in stats, or may incur longer cooldowns in breeding.

Cons: Currently project pets tend to be very inbred, so this might "nerf" a lot of current pets out there. Long breeding projects would also become exponentially more complicated as you try to find that perfect match that doesn't lead to inbreeding, though IMO, this part of the challenge of the game.

Pros: This would encourage the sale of wild-caught Sylesties as breeders look for fresh gene pools. This means new players would have something to contribute to the market right away. It may also encourage more cooperative breeding, as the sheer number of Sylesties needed to make a stable breed is pretty large, and maybe more than most owners could handle. So, there would be more use for the "stud fee" feature. I can just see a bunch of players teaming up to comb through certain zones looking for the right pet for a project.

EDIT: Oh, woops, there was another post for this. Oh well.
Edited By Aizar on 2/23/2018 at 6:16 PM.
Aizar
Level 70
Warden of Umbra
Threads: 35
Posted: 2/23/2018 at 6:38 PM Post #14
I came up with another that I'll cross-post here....

Suggestion:
Set up an NPC selling agency that values pets based on pet voting contests. I'll explain how this works... in a pet voting contest, the player could navigate to a page that the server randomly picks two (or possibly more) for-sale sylesties and displays them. The player could choose to buy one of them if they wanted, or they could just click on whichever pet they like best. The more positive ratings the pets then get, the higher the NPCs buy them for at the end of a, say, two month period. The page also only displays random pets so that no one can do any sort of "vote-buying".

Cons:
Doing this two by two would take a really long time to get through all the pets that are on sale. You might want to consider something like 5 pets, and the player orders them how they like them. I think ordering them in relation to each other instead of just providing a straight 1-10 scale is important though--it gives less-than-perfect pets more of a chance to compete.

Pros: This gives pet sellers a little free advertisement. This can also give players a steady income for breeding, but in ways that encourage good breeding, because how much their pets sell for is a direct measure of how much the playerbase approves of them. Also, Petopia for World of Warcraft Hunter Pets had a similar voting mechanic that I found incredibly addictive even though it had nothing to do with the economy, so this could become a fun part of the game in and of itself, without looking like a maintenance measure..
Edited By Aizar on 2/23/2018 at 6:41 PM.
Cian
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 140
Posted: 2/23/2018 at 7:05 PM Post #15
Suggestion :

Keep a prise minimal depending on traits ( number of trait / restricted or not) and type of pet for public sale.
And give a time limit for any sylesti set in sale at 1000 g or less be relassed or 'give to an npc in nead' after a set amont of time.

Pro :

It will get ride of a part of the no trait / dishwater pets. Will not impact breeding project or tagged.

Con :

People may reset the sale before the pet get relass. A lot of dishwater do have some traits.

Suggession :

Give a maximum of sale possible for a player in public breeding that would increace with relass achivement. ( maby start with 10 and then increace by one evrytime a set amount of pet that the player relass.)

Pro :
Don't affect the breeding directely. People will have to think about it before setting a pet for sale.

Con :
May lead to some mass breeding only to relass the pets afterward.
( maby have a set amount of breeding a player can do in one day to fix that issue)
Jdavidc
Level 70
Vanquisher of Undead
Threads: 43
Posted: 2/27/2018 at 8:16 PM Post #16
Suggestion:

Make a philter that can only be used by the original trainer of a pet on an infertile pet to make it fertile again. This could be useful if someone wants to trade back a max stat pet that they no longer want/need, but they want the cash. The breeder that sold them the pet can then make the pet they bred fertile again, without risking fertile max stat pets getting out to other players.

I'm not sure there'd be much demand for this, but I thought it might be useful.
Wolfiesparks
Level 70
Warden of Umbra
Threads: 32
Posted: 2/27/2018 at 9:10 PM Post #17
Both ideas are very good. You should ping Krin if you haven't already.
Silverkitsu
Level 75
Crystalline Cleaver
Threads: 143
Posted: 3/3/2018 at 2:21 AM Post #18
I completely agree that dyes being more accessible would help with the hoards of pets nobody wants because they have bad colours. I think that the pet dye mini-economy's destruction would probably be a small sacrifice for people being able to more easily clean up the 'dishwasher pets' in existence instead of trying to breed for better colours.
At the moment, to dye a pet and resell it isn't worth the effort because of how much effort has to go into getting a single dye. If this was changed then the overall quality of the pet market would drastically increase and more of the free pets that are passed back and forth could find permanent homes.
Katelynn4545
Level 71
The Artistic
Threads: 345
Posted: 3/8/2018 at 12:24 PM Post #19
I have not Read everything in detail But I do agree with most everything I have read, but I figured I would Break down my forum post anyhow ^.^ and gave me a chance to practice my SWAT charts for economics

Please feel free to add to the Pros and Cons below each suggestion I will try and keep this Updated with everyone additions as well!

Suggestion #1
To help with flooding of the market we could set up pet sales in a timed auction type setting. For example I can set my 6V PB Nixis up for 15k a piece for 7 days, and after day 7 they come off the market And I would have to relist them, this is helpful because after so many notifications I may just bite the bullet and release the pet, Which I think brings me to another issue. If pets Producers see as valuable take too long to sell they are tempted to think they are not worth what they put them up for, and thus lower the price until the pet sells which dilutes the market as well.

Pros:
~Limits the amount of time unwanted pets are on the market (1g-1000g)
~Can boost Base Market value (could be added that a pet for public sale must be set for XXX amount)
~Changing the way Sales is done allows for things like pet trades, auto relisting feature, search by stats, and other system improvements
~ Allows players to keep track of their sales even if we are unorganized (for those with many stables)
~ can allow for pets to be purchased with Diamonds(OOC: could be added to Broker as well )
~ can clean out the older market as well removing sales of players who have since left the site
~could increase value for pets due to time limit and Impulse buying (for lack of a better term)

Cons:
~ I'm not coding Jesus so I don't know how hard/possible this is
~ It is a big change, and may not be able to be done until site revamp
~ May deter players from posting Public sales (this could be a Pro as well depending on how you look at it)
~ Players may not be receptive to the timed sales (hence why It would be important to be able to automatically relist the sales in an easy not time consuming format, I'll admit I am lazy in that regard)

Suggestion #2-NPC

"Instead of implementing something that will punish those that enjoy the breeding system and creating projects why don't you finally code in that NPC that takes in pets and gives gold/scales/whatever the idea was? and to combat people just spree breeding to give to the NPC you could put in a limit each day or such. i think 30 would be good enough for the average person. ..also there'll be no excuse to not know what it is as the first time a newbie breeds a pet that crazy hair scientist shows up to drag them over and show the sanctuary/resort/wildlife preserve/ect. NPC."
-Ferlioan

This would probably work wonders as there are pets many players may want to get rid of, but don't want them to sit in the market for forever,or release them because lets fave it that takes WAY too much time and is a bit aggravating. And as an older player whose a bit more well oriented with breeding I know I would use it quite a bit. However you don't want to flood the system with gold or anything either. I think by making it like a running Task may work to avoid that issue.

So I have two theories cat could work separately or together

First is the Amount Based Task
This Task like System works where players can send any pets to the reserve(NPC) and have daily/weekly goals such as the ones bellow

5 pets = 1000 AP
10 pets = 1000 gold
25 pets =100 scales

(which too be honest I wish there were more ways of earning scales than just nurtures)
100 pets = 5000 gold
250 pets = 1 Diamond

This would reset in what ever time period is chosen, and possibly cap it at a cretin task so they can still release more if they wanted but they would earn, say 1gold (or random item) / pet over 250. other restrictions like pets can only be sent to the reserve once they have hatched (age limit).

The other Idea Is a Task system that involves restrictions similar to the ones above requirements above, but is a bit more restrictive to what pets count towards tasks. For example Friday is zolnixi only and Tuesday is Griffis with astral wings. This NPC system could also be used to host community type events like a spring cleaning that operates like contribution or leader boards and can use either of the two ideas listed here.

Also I think this NPC should Have like random facts about breeding, and links to threads involved with breeding, like a cumulative Breeding FAQ.

Pros:
~ Gives a positive stigma to removing pets from the site (if that's a problem for coding or the servers then this NPC could permanently delete the pet from the site.)
~ offers community awareness and communication as well as learning opportunities for new players
~promotes mass removal of under priced and unwanted pets from the market
~reduces influx of currency into the system
~reduces competition for similar market pets
~Gives the game a common NPC (I miss Jinxi and the professor not gonna lie)
~promotes positive opportunity for Releasing

Cons:
~requires new code (though I do believe coding Jesus can make this possible)
~ could possibly spur mass breeding (but with the information and teaching through community thread I think this would be temporary)
~If it is not easy to give the pets to the NPC Players will likely avoid it (I wont lie I'm lazy and this is why its a pain for me to release)

Suggestion #3-Releasing

So if the NPC reserve thing were to be a tried solution then Releasing could do a bit of changing to relieve it of its negative stigma, Especially since you can reclaim pets. Maybe change the name to Boarding or something along those lines like you send pets off to this nice resort and you have to pay for them to come back. For pets we aren't sure if we want to get rid of or not. Something like this would not only make releasing a more tolerable action, but may even be a solution to stable space issues.

Pros:
~ not much coding, merely changing the name of releasing to something more palatable
~ gives players an option an pets they don't want taking room in their stables, but that they also may want tin the future.
~ Removes negative stigma of releasing
~ may prompt the sell of more Diamonds

Cons:
~could prompt further Lore, or explanations as to where the pets are residing and the fees associated with having them return to your stables. (i.e. travel fees or what have you)

Again feel free to discus this further and ping me with questions and/ or additions to pros and cons, I think its always best to get different angles and opinions on the things ^.^
Edited By Katelynn4545 on 3/8/2018 at 12:50 PM.
Malikas
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 48
Posted: 3/9/2018 at 10:46 AM Post #20
One simple idea to stop the influx of mass cheap pets is to have a high floor for public breeding (say 10,000k). However, still keeping an unrestricted sale price for private sales (so ppl can still trade/giveaway/gen test/etc).

Combined with incentives for releasing, these should work well together. Right now, even with release incentives, there are still masses of cheap pets. A public price floor would help, while unrestricted private pricing keeps flexibility.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.