Forum Index > Groups, Guilds, Clubs, and Services > Sylestia Designers
Page 11 1, 2, 3... 10, 11, 12... 57, 58, 59 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Xenios
Level 68
The Tender
Threads: 114
Posted: 1/9/2018 at 5:50 PM Post #101
I love your Spring Swallow Aeridinis, but the Bleeding Heart ones...I think the pink is a little too saturated.
Your Spring Pansy aurs are BEAUTIFUL, as well as the bulboris
The faes are beautiful
I love the griffis
The green on the Melting Snow kelparis seems a little out-of place, I think a light blue would be better
The lighs are beautiful
The luffs are beautiful, also the lunemaras
The super-vibrant purple with the super-vibrant blue on your Luporas is a little too much super-vibrant colors. I'd lessen the saturation on one or the other, or make them closer to each other color wise.
The nephinis are both beautiful, also the nytekries
I'm not sure about that shade of pink with the green on the Ny'venes, I think you should either make it more of a yellow or tone down the saturation of the green.
The puffs are beautiful
Same issue with the qitaris that I have with the ny'venes...
The ryori are beautiful
The sylvorpa are beautiful
The vuls seem a little bit too orange...maybe a more pinkish color?
Same problem with the zolnixis that I have with the Luporas...
Love the peach zolnixis though!!

Great designs!!
Dragongem23
Level 63
The Tender
Threads: 254
Posted: 1/9/2018 at 6:25 PM Post #102
Hey is there any new design contest?
Xenios
Level 68
The Tender
Posted: 1/9/2018 at 6:37 PM Post #103
I was thinking about doing one...but I haven't got the post out yet.
I actually have some free time right now...I might just go ahead and do it.
Dragongem23
Level 63
The Tender
Posted: 1/9/2018 at 6:51 PM Post #104
Oke donkey
Xenios
Level 68
The Tender
Posted: 1/9/2018 at 7:06 PM Post #105
This is our second Sylestia Designers Contest!

This design contest requires a certain amount of imagination! You will click on the link below,
which leads to a Random Word Generator site. You will generate three random words using it, then make three different designs in the generators, one off of each word.
https://www.randomlists.com/random-words

You must post three sylestis
Word must be entirely random and generated using the random word generator I have linked here
Person with the most points wins

Wait, did I say points? Yep! That's right! You will receive points for creativity, quality of design and how well you followed the rules. So make sure you follow the requirements!

Designs must be posted in their final form by January 20th.

Please keep design sizes at 250 and show both male and female versions.

(to do this, add &size=250 to the end of your design address).

Remember to ping!

Thank you and enjoy!
Anemochory
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 156
Posted: 1/9/2018 at 7:15 PM Post #106
Thanks for the critique of my Spring designs! I'm glad you like so many of them.

The green on the Kelps is supposed to represent new growing things, but I can see that it could look out of place. Maybe a green-blue.

You're right about the Lupora, I think I'll try toning down the purple, as the blue is the main color of the flowers.

I actually like the combo on the Venes, not so much the Qits, but I'll try tweaking it some more.

As for the Vuls, peaches are in fact quite orange if you look at pictures, but I guess the point is to evoke peaches rather than match the photos, necessarily.

Thanks again!
Pdsd234
Level 63
Candy Dispenser
Threads: 7
Posted: 1/9/2018 at 7:18 PM Post #107
I admit, I'm not too good with actual critique(I need to work on that.) but I keep finding myself drawn to the Cherry Blossom Ryori, it's so pretty.

I find my eyes more naturally drawn to the Cornflower/Blueberry Zolnixi more so than the Peaches one, which is actually pretty hard to do with cool colors, they like to fade to the background; it's probably because it's a much deeper color than the peachy colors, either that or it's my personal bias for that particular shade of blue, I find it really easy to get lost in.

The Peachy Vulnyx is really nice, the darker color really brings it together, I admit, I haven't made very many Vulnyxies, so I'm not sure if you could, but maybe you could figure out a way to darken part of the wings, they kind of abruptly change the color, and it's rather jarring

The Cherries Sylvorpa is beautiful, I love the choice of spots on the female, it reminds me of something specific to do with cherries, but I can't quite place what; it makes me want to keep looking at it to figure out what. I love the flowers in the background of the male, and the subtle light to dark is done really well. (I also just noticed the light spots on his underbelly, absolutely fabulous.) I know with a color scheme that includes red and green there's always the fear of looking Christmasy (Or at least, I always have that fear) so I just wanted to say that the first thing I thought was definitely cherries with green stems. (Of course, if you wanted to avoid that possibility completely you could use brown or a lighter green for stems, but I don't think it would have quite the same impact.) Overall I can't really think of anything you might change or adjust to make it look any better than it already does. Perhaps someone else will

The Cherry Blossom Ryori I absolutely adore, and I'm honestly not sure why, I think it's partly because the Ryoris I've seen tend to be colored with darker, harsher colors; the change is really refreshing, and-not haunting-but mystical maybe? I'm not sure of the right word. It's an amazing effect either way.

I'm not sure if I'm the best person to say anything about your Budding Branch Qitari; Qitaris have never been my favorite Sylestie, but I love the green on grey color scheme, I'm not sure if you were trying to keep it under a certain amount of trait points, but maybe you could try whichever trait you have on the male's back on the female, to break up the color a little.

The female Viola/Pansy Puffadore is excellent, the white with dark purple and yellow/gold accents is amazing, the male seems a little busy, that could just be because of my personal preference, or it might be because the purple is on his face, perhaps trying a bit lighter purple, or a marking that doesn't go over the face. (And I hate to say that, because I love the effect of the light fur framing the dark face, it's really nice.)

Ok, ok, I think I might come back to say something about the rest of the individual Sylesties later, (I actually hadn't meant to say something about all of them, it just started to happen.) Let's do the rest of the doubles.

Once again, I find my eyes drawn to the Spring Swallow Nephini a bit more than the Peaches one, you might fix that by darkening the dark spots of the Peaches, (I believe the Peachy Vulnyx has a darker peach color to go with the lighter, it draws your eyes) but like before, I have a bit of a bais for blues.

Both the Spring Swallow and Bleeding Heart Aeridini are beautiful, I love the eye markings on the female Spring Swallow, it really draws the eye, I also really love the tail choice, I'm not sure if that's the default tail or a mutation, but it really fits. The wings on the female Bleeding heart are absolutely perfect, and I love the stripes. The Bleeding Heart male seems busier than the Spring Swallow, which is odd because they seem nearly identical, perhaps a different wing type? It could just be the brighter color though, or my bias for blue again.
Xenios
Level 68
The Tender
Posted: 1/9/2018 at 7:22 PM Post #108
No problem!
Cian
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 140
Posted: 1/9/2018 at 7:23 PM Post #109
Random word generator:
devilish

punch ( more based on a phisical battle )

guitar

well then, let's get started !

(will get edited once i manage somthing with those words)
Edited By Cian on 1/11/2018 at 2:59 PM.
Dragongem23
Level 63
The Tender
Posted: 1/9/2018 at 9:01 PM Post #110
Copper lions

united puff

sky

Will add
Edited By Dragongem23 on 1/10/2018 at 4:12 PM.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 10, 11, 12... 57, 58, 59
This Page loaded in 0.014 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.