Forum Index > News and Announcements > Lupora Revamp Sketches
Page 17 1, 2, 3... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Metalwolfgemstone
Level 60
Stocking Stuffer
Threads: 124
Posted: 11/19/2017 at 9:45 AM Post #161
I'm glad that the male's face will be changed so he doesn't look so angry. :) Aside from that I had no other quarrels. I absolutely LOVE everything about the new sketch and didn't have as many criticisms as other members. Perhaps because I love that the mane is fluffier and their large ears reminded me more of a manned wolf which is one of the few canine species I don't see a lot of being referenced on virtual pet websites. Plus I know they are intended to be fantasy creatures hence I had no critiques about them having different proportions/characteristics than actual wild wolves, etc. =3 Again Krin, you and the team are doing great with these guys! (Kinda sad the baby's ears will be changed. I adore how giant they are. Makes them adorable~)
LonelyRyu
Level 72
Knight
Threads: 74
Posted: 11/19/2017 at 9:57 AM Post #162
I only looked at the revamps on the first page and I really love the idea. Don't change anything at all.
At least they look different and not so bland.

The male is lovely and the female doesn't look so...umm..temptuous? At any rate I like the revamps. Don't. Change. A. Thing.......Please
Nabiki
Level 62
Majestic Brewmistress
Threads: 96
Posted: 11/19/2017 at 12:44 PM Post #163
If you're gonna have the head down, bring the neck down as well so that the body posture is one of a stalking or hunting canine.

Go to your preferred search engine and use 'image - stalking wolf' as the search criteria. Most of this pet's body language is already 'hunting' and the only reason any of the drawings looked 'off' is because the head is held too high. Stalking/hunting canines crouch a bit and that would account for the short legs first drawn.
Stormfoot
Level 60
Threads: 62
Posted: 11/19/2017 at 12:57 PM Post #164
Personally I liked the males face, as Lupora remind me of hyenas, and since hyena clans are Matriarchies i'd think the female Lupora would look tougher and more confident, while the males would look more scared or submissive. However, I do agree that the legs are a bit too small compared to the body.

But whatever you all end up doing, i'm sure i'll love it :3
Beckh0und
Level 67
Trickster
Threads: 74
Posted: 11/19/2017 at 1:52 PM Post #165
You have good ideas! <3 But I still want the female Lupora to be the same so bad! Good job though.. :3
Katelynn4545
Level 71
The Artistic
Threads: 345
Posted: 11/19/2017 at 9:01 PM Post #166
"longer muzzles, slightly larger ears (sort of elf-like), obviously the very thick fur/mane, and slightly longer/majestic bodies."

Honestly I think this fits them as a species. Being someone who loves the dragon scale mutations, I have always seen them a little less like a wolf, and more like all of those things you listed above though I'm sure this opinion may be a bit unpopular being as many players view them as strictly wolves (and that's fine, I have just grown out of that). But even their mutations would fit the features above better. For example when I think of a hell hound, I don't think of a wolf, i think of something larger and longer, though maybe not as fluffy, and their other traits just the same. Any way you decide to do them I know will turn out lovely ^.^ so thank you in advance
Xavion
Level 75
The Perfectionist
Threads: 434
Posted: 11/19/2017 at 9:32 PM Post #167
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=53853&page=16#160
Author: Krinadon
Time Posted: 11/19/2017 at 9:43 AM
[quote=1061962]

Yes. The mane will have a dedicated Gene slot and then either two dedicated Gene slots for main body or one dedicated and one global (for like runes/accents). Still undecided as that's a decision usually made after lineart is finalized.

So much yay!!
Elyiana
Level 53
Trickster
Threads: 72
Posted: 11/20/2017 at 1:51 PM Post #168
I think that the babies heads look pushed backwards, maybe fix that.
Theafy
Level 75
Snow Wars Champion
Threads: 58
Posted: 11/21/2017 at 12:01 AM Post #169
I am probably in the minority of these opinions, but I thought I'd voice it anyways.

First, Lupora are wolf-hyena creatures, not fully wolf-like. They too much resemble a wolf, and their hyena features are disappearing :( The old art at least showed how the very very basic hyena feature - the female is larger than the male.

It would be nice if they had round ears like actual hyenas do -

(I've heard you once said that female Lupora are like hyenas, the female leaders, Krin >w> )
EraNime
Level 69
Warden of Umbra
Threads: 104
Posted: 11/21/2017 at 4:57 AM Post #170
No please. There are also people who love to see more species that do not make to many gender differences. Gender stereo typing is not everyone's cup of tea and it's been done to many times already.

I for one am thrilled to have a specie where both male and female look similar, where the female can be considerd cool, not cute or ''girly.'' Please let the wolf species look wolf like. Gracious, strong, bad******withoud needing the seductive or cutesy stuff that almost always happens with female characters.

I also find it insulting as a women that traits associated with us are fluffy, sparkly, cute, coy, playfull. When the boys get the cool, strong, ferocious bits when I identefy much more with those typical ''male'' traits over the ''female'' traits. As somebody who does not associate any trait with any gender and who would love to see both genders having more freedom in how to portray themelves it would really be great if we had a few species that break the stereo typing of gender traits, even if only a few times.

I want cool strong girls and cute coy boys for once. Lets not shove one gender into 1 corner and harmfully keep on stereo typing. That of course is just an opinion though.

The only thing I'd suggest to be changed is what many have already mentiond. The legs could be a bit longer, paws maybe bigger as wolves have big paws and the tail should not cover up the body so other traits will not be coverd up either down the road.

Otherwise, please keep up the awesome work in this species. We have a whole list with species with the obvious stereo type boy girl stuff already. We need more species where this is not the case.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.