Forum Index > News and Announcements > Lupora Revamp Sketches
Page 18 1, 2, 3... 17, 18, 19, 20 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Electrifying
Level 70
The Tender
Threads: 28
Posted: 11/21/2017 at 6:10 AM Post #171
I was thinking the female could be more sleeker - because from the current art, it looks like you get a male lupora, slap some eyelashes on, and you get a female wolf.

The female already looks more coy and playful to me in the sketches.
Watercolors
Level 74
The Artistic
Threads: 132
Posted: 11/22/2017 at 9:43 AM Post #172
Thanks so much I krin they are beautiful <3 my favorite so far, being a canine fanatic XD
Nabiki
Level 62
Majestic Brewmistress
Threads: 96
Posted: 11/23/2017 at 7:36 PM Post #173
Why is it that modern people are so afraid of their gender that they will deny it to any creature they can? I like a look and feel that is Natural, something that reflects what is normally evolved and thus found in nature. That said, Wolves and Hyenas are not related, the nearest relative to a wolf in Africa would be the Wild Dog and that species also sports a round ear, large for the head it's on. Gender stereo typing does not exist in nature, the only thing that is gender related that exists in the evolved, natural world is whatever forms are allowed by the functions that are the most successful.

Form always follows Function. Whatever encourages successful babies will be adapted for, everything else will be lost genetically as a failed or at least less successful adaptation. In animals, there is no politics, gender or otherwise, and it sickens me to see someone trying to layer political or personal agendas in a place and subject matter where it has no place.

In nature, wild canid females do tend to be slightly smaller, with a lighter bone frame and weigh slightly less, except in the African breeds when they do tend to be the dominants.

Spotted Hyena -

African Wild Dog 1 -

Many people confuse the African Wild Dog with the Hyena, are we sure they didn't say Hyena and actually mean Wild Dog? Most of the original art says Wild Dog, to me. Also, neither the wolf nor Wild Dog or Hyena have any hair growth that would account for that pillowish mane.

Stick to the rules of Natural selection and you'll find you are objectionable to far fewer people.

@The Artists: As for the fluffy, full body mane, lose the heavy-handed, dark, separation line that separates the mane from the body, and use a lighter hand, a broken line to show where it starts to grow in a vertical direction. As it is, the mane resembles one of those really fuzzy, round, long, body pillows...and looks like it's been glued or sewn into position.

I have never liked the look of it....

And, for the same reason I don't like the look of the bent leg and foot on the female avatar, which makes us look like we're either a polio victim (or a victim of some other nasty disease or accident) or the victim of a crippling birth defect...or that we need to find a bathroom really, really, REALLY bad. Either way, it's insulting and needs to be straightened. I am female and I do not walk around or stand with my knees stuck together and one foot canted out to one side on a twisted leg. If you have to have that look, bring the ankle in, out to one side like that doesn't work.
Edited By Nabiki on 11/23/2017 at 8:36 PM.
Thisby
Level 20
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 74
Posted: 11/23/2017 at 7:53 PM Post #174
Greatly worded
Lilly3340
Level 60
Threads: 16
Posted: 11/23/2017 at 9:59 PM Post #175
Well hoi
Ninabear
Level 2
Threads: 0
Posted: 11/25/2017 at 7:58 AM Post #176
there so cute
Ninabear
Level 2
Threads: 0
Posted: 11/25/2017 at 7:59 AM Post #177
cute
Mabelotaku
Level 24
Threads: 6
Posted: 11/25/2017 at 4:50 PM Post #178
It looks absolutely gorgeous!
LonelyRyu
Level 72
Knight
Threads: 74
Posted: 11/26/2017 at 6:44 PM Post #179
"Either way, it's insulting and needs to be straightened"

"Insulting"?????? I don't get it. Why choose to see the line art as some sort of personal sleight against you?

"I am female and I do not walk around or stand with my knees stuck together and one foot canted out to one side on a twisted leg."

I am female too but I am also a human, not a canine. Don't forget, puppies tend to be out of proportion and sometimes a tad awkward.

P.S: I don't use the quote function so I am not sure how it works.
Katelynn4545
Level 71
The Artistic
Threads: 345
Posted: 11/26/2017 at 10:22 PM Post #180
Remember this is a fantasy game, the Lups are not Wolves, Wild dogs, or Hyenas. Their manes are what make them Lups, taking that away would just be honestly an upset for a whole lot of players. And their Ears as Krin stated before are actually meant to be pointy-er and more elf like, but concerned that would upset to many folks. Your pointers on the art for the lines was good, but remember these are just sketches not line art, so they will change.

As for the second part...

You brought up some of the same points from a argument a while back on the site, but to be honest its not that bad. Keep in mind it is a beta site, nothing is going to be just to everyone's liking, and the leg has been an issue for a while so I'm sure it will be adjusted in the whole site revamp. And as a female who actually is pigeon toed and stands like that its kind of nice. Though this really wasn't the place to bring it up s its not associated with the mane or the sketches.

On a side note

"like we're either a polio victim (or a victim of some other nasty disease or accident) or the victim of a crippling birth defect..."

I do Find this rude and insulting, as well as inappropriate, you could have just stuck with the :I got to pee really bad "
Edited By Katelynn4545 on 11/26/2017 at 10:34 PM.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 17, 18, 19, 20
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.