Forum Index > News and Announcements > Lupora Revamp Sketches
Page 16 1, 2, 3... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Lup
Level 60
Benevolent Brewer
Threads: 9
Posted: 11/18/2017 at 11:48 PM Post #151
Thank you for looking at feedback- I"m sure you'll make this species just as beautiful as the Puffs and Nixis :)
SpaceElf1
Level 75
Ghost Writer
Threads: 672
Posted: 11/18/2017 at 11:56 PM Post #152
Here's an idea; perhaps the male's pose would seem more dynamic if he had one front paw slightly raised. Dogs, wolves, foxes, etc., often lift a front paw--not high, just barely off the ground sometimes--when they are alert and interested.

Edit: Didn't actually say it, but this would really only work if the male's appearance had him looking forward and with his head higher.

Also, compared to the adult female, the distal end of the adult male's tail seems a bit too thick. If the end of the tail were no thicker than the end of the female's tail, the viewer could see a bit more of his hind legs.
Edited By SpaceElf1 on 11/19/2017 at 12:00 AM.
Hakura0
Level 69
Trickster
Threads: 22
Posted: 11/18/2017 at 11:58 PM Post #153
I also think that they could do to be a little more dynamic - and I like what the poster above suggested with having one of the male's front legs raised just a little. It, or maybe some other kind of stance adjustment could do wonders for making the poor thing look less stiff. :)
CasmereSphynx
Level 75
Grand Protector
Threads: 24
Posted: 11/19/2017 at 4:34 AM Post #154
I really think that you are doing a good job! Keep in mind your goal and reach for the Stars!
Kitzune
Level 60
Threads: 60
Posted: 11/19/2017 at 6:53 AM Post #155
I really would like to see the male Lupora expression to be more on par with the expressions of the male Morkko and male Ny'Vene as well as the poses. Both the Morkko and Ny'Vene revamps ended up looking amazing and really made me think that I wouldn't want to actually encounter one irl. The stance and expressions both say that you don't want to mess with them even on a good day. I think that for the female Lupora a cautious stance and expression would fit much better then the current flirty/I'm better then you expression she has. And I think the male Lupora would match better with an expression much more like the male Morkko. Having a snarling expression that says "Back off" would be so much better. I would also like to see a less stiffened pose on both the male and female Lupora. Right now they remind me more of cardboard cut-outs.

Also, I still think that the male Lupora should be larger then the female. An easy way to fix it while still utilizing the canvas space is to adjust the bulkyness/muscle mass of the male by making him slightly more muscular then the female. Also the thin that makes the gender proportions off is that the females head looks slightly larger then the males. Glowing eyes would also make a huge difference that I think a lot of people would really like
Arle
Level 60
The Tender
Threads: 24
Posted: 11/19/2017 at 7:28 AM Post #156
i REALLY love the expression on the adult female!

as for the ears on the babies, i don't see too big an issue-- big eared pups are cute!

keep up the good work guys, and thank you for your diligence! i'm glad to be back on sylestia after my hiatus
Evieseriously
Level 65
Trickster
Threads: 89
Posted: 11/19/2017 at 8:06 AM Post #157
Thanks for the updates! I like all the points you have made, and they are true. I also appreciate that you take the time to listen to our feedback and relate it. We'd much rather have you take longer for a better sketch than to rush it. Also, I completely understand having to work with a specific sized canvas.
Xavion
Level 75
The Perfectionist
Threads: 434
Posted: 11/19/2017 at 9:17 AM Post #158
Since the tails will apparently be getting a lot of genes (which I'm excited to hear, by the way!) does this mean they'll get some more... organization?

Currently the genes are all over the place in the areas they cover. G1, for example, has traits that cover just the body, traits that pretty much focus on the tail with just a tiny part of the body, and traits fully alter both. G2 is similar in that regard, with two traits that cover only the body (faded leopard and doberman) while the rest cover the tail and body together. And on G3, the first three traits alone go from body-only, to both, to mane-only.

There's also a lot of inconsistency on traits that use the accent and gene color, and traits that use only the gene color, but I'm sure that will be changing with the revamp anyway. (I just hope it doesn't turn out like the Ryori G2, where one trait takes G2 only, one takes G2 and C3, and one trait takes G2 and C2, two if you now include the gorgeous new restricted trait that I really, really love. That is by far the toughest slot to work with on the Ryori, and on numerous design ideas I've had to scrap it all and start over because of one issue popping with that one slot >_> They're a real test of versatility for a theme design...)

Maybe it's just me, but I prefer the species that are more organized. Especially when it comes to themed pets and making 6-vis multi-variation projects where every trait has to function in tandem with the base colors, and in combination with all variety of traits, the inconsistent use of colors and marking coverage can be hard to work with. For the best example I can give of this with the lupora... Winter's Chill Lupora theme with visible G3 Tipped Mane. Totally invisible; after four years of being here on their first release, I still remember this flaw today because it stood out to me so much. Same theme, same year, same colors, but with visible G3 Lunar Runes. Gorgeous. But one trait suffered because of the difference in placement.

Sooo.... yeah. Can we get consistency in the genes to avoid combinations like this where everything stacks on one part of the body into a horrible mess, and the rest of the pet is totally flat and plain? It's worked out well for the Aeridini, Lunemara and the Qitari!
Unnamedlight
Level 61
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 4
Posted: 11/19/2017 at 9:26 AM Post #159
I really like the way the female looks more dominant and facial expression looks proud on the older look, I feel we really need that. If anyone mentions me please ping me or I won't see it.
Edited By Unnamedlight on 11/19/2017 at 9:28 AM.
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 11/19/2017 at 9:43 AM Post #160
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=53853&page=16#158
Author: Xavion
Time Posted: 11/19/2017 at 9:17 AM
Since the tails will apparently be getting a lot of genes (which I'm excited to hear, by the way!) does this mean they'll get some more... organization?

Currently the genes are all over the place in the areas they cover. G1, for example, has traits that cover just the body, traits that pretty much focus on the tail with just a tiny part of the body, and traits fully alter both. G2 is similar in that regard, with two traits that cover only the body (faded leopard and doberman) while the rest cover the tail and body together. And on G3, the first three traits alone go from body-only, to both, to mane-only.

There's also a lot of inconsistency on traits that use the accent and gene color, and traits that use only the gene color, but I'm sure that will be changing with the revamp anyway. (I just hope it doesn't turn out like the Ryori G2, where one trait takes G2 only, one takes G2 and C3, and one trait takes G2 and C2, two if you now include the gorgeous new restricted trait that I really, really love. That is by far the toughest slot to work with on the Ryori, and on numerous design ideas I've had to scrap it all and start over because of one issue popping with that one slot >_> They're a real test of versatility for a theme design...)

Maybe it's just me, but I prefer the species that are more organized. Especially when it comes to themed pets and making 6-vis multi-variation projects where every trait has to function in tandem with the base colors, and in combination with all variety of traits, the inconsistent use of colors and marking coverage can be hard to work with. For the best example I can give of this with the lupora... Winter's Chill Lupora theme with visible G3 Tipped Mane. Totally invisible; after four years of being here on their first release, I still remember this flaw today because it stood out to me so much. Same theme, same year, same colors, but with visible G3 Lunar Runes. Gorgeous. But one trait suffered because of the difference in placement.

Sooo.... yeah. Can we get consistency in the genes to avoid combinations like this where everything stacks on one part of the body into a horrible mess, and the rest of the pet is totally flat and plain? It's worked out well for the Aeridini, Lunemara and the Qitari!

Yes. The mane will have a dedicated Gene slot and then either two dedicated Gene slots for main body or one dedicated and one global (for like runes/accents). Still undecided as that's a decision usually made after lineart is finalized.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.