Forum Index > Q&A (Newbie Friendly) > [GUIDE] A Guide to Festivals
Page 1 1, 2, 3 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Katelynn4545
Level 71
The Artistic
Threads: 345
Posted: 10/30/2017 at 3:01 PM Post #1

Sorry there are quite a few Images out, I had a mishap with the online location I was keeping my images stored in and I ended up deleting them all so this thread is lacking a few images that will be replaced with the next fest hopefully sorry for any inconvenience this may cause

Hopefully this will be a rather helpful guide to show you around the Sites Festivals. ^.^ So let the festivities Begin!
What is a fest or festival?
The site administrators (Krinadon and Faiona) along with their team of artist and others who keep the site up and running host special events for players to participate in. These events include a variety of features we will go into detail with a little later, such as Themed pets, a festival zone, and a fest shop.
When do fests occur?
There is one fest for every season, winter, spring, summer, and fall, as well as other little fest like events for some holidays like valentines day and Easter to name a couple.
Can everyone participate even If I just Joined the community?
YES!!! The Festival zone is catered to each players level, but it does suggest having at least level ten. But if you are under level ten dont worry its fairly easy to get to that level in less than a day or so. Though keep in mind it may be a bit harder for new players to get thought the zone and kill bosses. So Check out the other Help threads at the end ^.^

Contents
Festival Zone
Themed Pets
Pet creating
Leaderboards
Forum Games
Festival Shop & Currency
General Item Book
Advent Specialties
Helpful Threads
Edited By Katelynn4545 on 3/8/2018 at 12:32 PM.
Katelynn4545
Level 71
The Artistic
Posted: 10/30/2017 at 3:01 PM Post #2

This is the center hub for everything you do in the fest and will be used in almost every section of this Guide. because of this lets just coin it the 'fest homepage' for now ^.^

You can get to this page by clicking the explore drop down and selecting Seasonal festival. You will know when a fest is occurring if the letters are highlighted Orange. You can also reach the 'fest homepage' by clicking the calendar above your avatar on the far left corner on select screens.

who's that cute festive dragon *winks*

All in all the fest zone is a place you can explore and gather items by battling the zone enemies and bosses , as well as collecting items from chests and other festive drops. you can collect Avatar items, helpful theme pet building ingredients, and currency to be used in the fest shop. This is also the only place you can gain points for leaderboard battles. (Aka the slaughter boards). You can also run into themed pets here and trap them and add them to your stables!

This is an example of a player map so you get an idea how big the map is....(this is just the fall fest )
https://imgur.com/4kYcHOn

some things to look at if you really want to prepare yourself for zone battling
Pet Party Preparations -By Rixva
A Tour of Trapping -By Flute
The Updated Proficiency System- By Krinadon
Edited By Katelynn4545 on 11/29/2017 at 11:09 PM.
Katelynn4545
Level 71
The Artistic
Posted: 10/30/2017 at 3:01 PM Post #3

So I know many of you may be confused what all the fuss over these themed pets is about, thus I'll try to give you some insight.

They are special pets you can only obtain by finding and trapping them in the fest Zone or Building them in the fest pet builder. They are quite valuable, and many players make projects out of them. They are quite special and can net a high amount of gold, for example you will see my Blazing Fireworks Luff in a moment, and he is set for sale for 3 million gold because of their rarity and his traits.

So how can I tell its a themed pet?

well themed pets can come Tagged or purebred. Purebred is harder to tell, and requires you to trace the linage of the parents and see if the have a little gold star on their image. Tagged, which are 'one of a kind' and are the parents of all purebreds. and they can be identified by a 'Tag' in their pet profile shown below
All tagged pets have that and its like a special little plaque ^.^

A little Gif I made to help show this (its clickable if you need it bigger)

Here is a link from Elimini for more information
https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=53070
Edited By Katelynn4545 on 8/3/2019 at 2:25 PM.
Katelynn4545
Level 71
The Artistic
Posted: 10/30/2017 at 3:02 PM Post #4

So something that is included in every fest Is the themed pets you create wither that be brewing, baking, Planting, Building, or any thing else the Theory is fairly simple.

First I suggest exploring the Festival Zone, not only do you get to battle bosses but you find all the supplies you need to create themed pets there as well, wither it be finding catalysts in pumpkins or getting brewing supply's for that boss you totally just slaughtered. No matter the case Raiding the one is defiantly the most productive way to get what you need.

This is the home page to your creating space

First lets talk about Catalysts...
What are they?
Well I'm glad you asked they are the special ingredient you need to start Crafting a pet. They come in different forms for each festival, but they all have the same purpose the tell what species of pet you can create. Not only that they tell you if it is fabled restricted or regular!

So let me back up for those who don't know about the different Tires of fest pets. The first tire is your regulars Usually denoted by the color Blue. The Fabled species are pets that are a bit more rare and have a bit of a breading restriction and are usually identified by the color purple. And lastly and the most rare are the Majestic, or restricted ones, these change each fest and a based on what pets get a new set of restricted genes or traits. because this they are normally hard to get and expensive if bought from other players, and they are denoted with the color Yellow.
Below I highlighted where each can be found on the lists given in the fest.

From this you can also tell what Catas you currently Have as they are not grayed out.

But how do I start creating my pet once I get a catalyst?

Good question! lest start by talking about where you will be adding everything, and what you should expect!
I'll use my poor Brew Hut as and example so refer back to this image as we go through.

First thing you will need to know is how to fill your empty containers, so the pot which I haven't Purchased all the way to the right will be empty once I have payed for it. but I must fill it before I can start brewing, its normally a fee of around 5,000 gold to fill it with the broth or what ever is used that fest. to fill it simply click on the empty pot and a dialog box will appear, and do the same to buy it.

Next you may want to know how to add your catas and other items, its really simple just click your filled pot and it will allow you to add whatever catalyst you have, and click again to add traits and other items. The list below the container will show what it has and what items have been added as well a a meter bar showing the progress of your pet.

Fairly simple, Now What about Items?

Well that's also in your creating space just bellow your containers, if you toggle (move your mouse) over each item it will give a little box explaining what it does, I think, I may be wrong.

Either way there are always Items for changing gender, boosting stats, picking trait slots (note these do not pick what trait you will get, just the slot ), applying hidden traits, and things to help your pet progress faster, and of course different level items for giving visible traits (in this case the blood vials).
Edited By Katelynn4545 on 8/3/2019 at 2:27 PM.
Katelynn4545
Level 71
The Artistic
Posted: 10/30/2017 at 3:02 PM Post #5

Important Notice About Pet creating! : The pets seen on the leader board pages are those available for crafting, with the exception of Majestics.

So this may not be super easy when you first start, but trust me they are a lot of fun once you get competitive.
Th basics of the leader boards are there are two sets Nurture Boards and Battle (aka Slaughter) boards. each board has its own guide lines and level of craziness.

Lets start with Nurture Boards as they are simple. If you want to fight on the lupora nurture board you simply nurture all the luporas you can and try to get on the board and stay there. every 500 nurtures or so you get a contest reward pouch containing some helpful Items. Though some are more competitive than others.

The Battle Boards. these are a bit more difficult, as my fist few fests I went around killing only nixis, and wondering why I wasn't really going anywhere.

First Know that it is based on the pets in your party not the ones you kill. for example if I have a team of 3 Luporas then I get 3 points for every enemy I kill. if I only have one Lup that's only one point per enemy. So in hind sight If you want to dominate one board fill your party with only that Species. Not really sure how else to explain it....

It is also important to remember you only get points in the fest zone, so if you do a dungeon outside the zone, those kills don't count.

Edited By Katelynn4545 on 1/22/2018 at 4:23 PM.
Katelynn4545
Level 71
The Artistic
Posted: 10/30/2017 at 3:02 PM Post #6

In preperationa and during each fest the Admins Host games and contests in the official threads.

Found here

The will be labeled with what fest they are for, and there are normally a avi Item, Pet trait, and theme pet one Hosted before the fest starts.
Both the Avi Items and the pet trait require you to draw, But no worries there is a link for how to post picks in threads if you dont know how already. But the question I get asked a lot is what software do you use, and where do you post you images online to get the links?

So lets start with software. I use a combination of Fire Alpaca and Gimp, Both are free to use and very user friendly. For starters who have never used a program like these before I say start with Fire alpaca and you can fiddle with Gimp later. Fire Alpaca is simple and has an easy to read layout and I wish I had found it before Gimp. Gimp is a little less user friendly but has a few helpful features Like colorize which allows me to change the color of a selected area without having to fiddle with all my layers. However I like Fire Alpacas Line variety and style. either way they are both nice programs and very useful. ( I even use them for mu school work when I need something drawn)

Up loading images I use Imgur. Also Free all it takes is an account sign up which requires no personal information and then you can organize and add whatever you want, and it can be from your computer or the web. Either way I have found that Imgur images almost always work, there is no time out like with other sites, and its easy to use. Copy the link and your ready to post!

If you nee help posting here is a helpful thread
https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=23769
Edited By Katelynn4545 on 11/30/2017 at 12:33 AM.
Katelynn4545
Level 71
The Artistic
Posted: 10/30/2017 at 3:02 PM Post #7

The festival shop is a special place you can spend fest currency or Tokens. To find tokens simply explore the fest zone complete festival tasks and do fest mini games. Once you have stacked up some tokens in your inventory simply use them and they will become available in the fest shop!.

Snowmen

* Winter fest only *

Along your mini gaming and exploring the fest you will run into and collect various Items like balls of snow, and branches, these Items can be used in the snowman exchange to create completed snowmen. A special currency that can only be used in the snowman exchange shop! they are fairly simple to make, and you can buy essences or water and other sculpting items.

Edited By Katelynn4545 on 1/7/2018 at 9:13 AM.
Katelynn4545
Level 71
The Artistic
Posted: 10/30/2017 at 3:02 PM Post #8

This section Is for different things Fest related that don't really fit anywhere else, so is a bit misc. and toss
If you have something to add just Ping me ^.^

Advent Calendar : Winter Fest

The advent calendar stats on the 1st of December and rolls through to the end of the month! a gift of every day ^^
[will add image edventually]

More to come As they appear
Edited By Katelynn4545 on 1/7/2018 at 8:59 AM.
Katelynn4545
Level 71
The Artistic
Posted: 10/30/2017 at 3:03 PM Post #9
Edited By Katelynn4545 on 11/30/2017 at 12:33 AM.
Katelynn4545
Level 71
The Artistic
Posted: 10/30/2017 at 3:03 PM Post #10

Again Thanks for drooping By! I hope this was helpful and if you have any suggestions or think something should be added Simply PM or Ping me ^.^ As the Founder of the RA's I'm open to all opinions and willing to help in any way I can
Edited By Katelynn4545 on 11/30/2017 at 12:04 AM.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.