Players 2,356 329
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,254,335 1,023
Generated 656,427 16
Captured 1,190,988 63
Bred 6,406,825 944
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Games, Contests, and Giveaways > Sylestia's Next Top Designer - ROUND...
Page 1 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Britters
Level 72
The Eggstraordinaire
Threads: 167
Posted: 9/26/2017 at 6:02 PM Post #1
~Sylestia's Next Top Designer - Cycle 4~
"Be the Adventure"

Welcome one and all to the FOURTH of my big design contests. I love running these, and have been so grateful for the support and encouragement I've received in the past. This time around we will be doing things very differently, and I hope that everyone who participates has a blast. Things will be working a little bit differently this time around, so I encourage all contestants to read everything very carefully.

There will be NO eliminations (yay!) for this contest. Everyone who has signed up will be given a shot at participating in the Finale. However, we will still have voting rounds because the person who receives the most votes during each round will when a special prize. There MAY also be a point system in place which will factor into the Finale, but I haven't quite worked out the details. If I figured things out more for that I will ping you all and let you know.

So, I think that is really the gist of things, so I think we can move onto the ever important RULES and the super fun round details! :)

RULES

1.) Always the most important rule, please be nice to each other. For the most part contestants won't be posting in the forums, but the rule still stands. No fighting, bashing, harassing, and just generally being mean to each other. Contestants who do so will be warned once and disqualified if it happens again.

2.) There will be a total of FIVE (5) regular rounds for this contest, as well as the Finale round. There will be NO eliminations, but in the event of a tie during voting I will be the one who will break that tie.

3.) Please keep all writing site appropriate. This does not mean you cannot use any dark material, but please keep gore and violence to a minimum if possible and absolutely NO sexual references. If I ask you to change something about your entry to make it more appropriate and you do not before the deadline you entry will not count. If you have a question about what is appropriate and what is not you are ALWAYS free to ask me.

4.) Unless otherwise stated in the theme explanation, you are required to design for both the male and female of whatever species you are using for the theme. This means that whatever design you use must be shown on both the male and female, so design accordingly.

5.) CONTESTANTS: Do NOT post your designs OR your writing entries in this forum, or say anything about what you're going to base your design off of. This is VERY important, because the voting rounds are meant to be "blind votes". This means that the public are not going to know which contestant made which entry when they vote. When you complete your entry you need to Private Message them to me. .

6.) If you, as a contestant, break Rule #5 and post your design in this thread, you will be asked to drastically redo your design. This is the only way to keep things fair for everyone. I'm not going to penalize anyone more harshly than that, since I don't see anyone breaking this rule except by accident.

7.) First of all PLEASE SAVE YOUR DESIGNS AND YOUR WRITING. That way if there is an issue the first time you send them to me you don't lose all your work. What I want everyone to do with their design entries is to send me the image URL from the generator. This can be done by right clicking and selecting Copy Image URL or Copy Image Location.

8.) HAVE FUN! Yes, this is a rule. I made this contest to be fun and challenging. I am SUPER excited to see everyone's designs and creativity. This is your chance to push your design AND writing skills further than you've ever pushed them. Do research, think carefully about your entry before hitting the generator, try multiple designs before choosing, write multiple versions of what I ask you to do, do whatever you have to do to make your design the best you can. I know you're all capable of greatness. :)

Now for the fun part!

ROUND ONE - Wise Old Man/Woman

For this round you all must make TWO separate design/writing entries. You must make two designs which represent one MALE character and one FEMALE character that fall into the category of "wise council". These are characters like Gandalf the Grey who helped Bilbo on his journey, or the Ancient One who taught Dr. Strange how to wield magic. These characters are there to guide and teach others how to be the best heroes they can be. Your characters may be any race/species, or from any genre that you like. Also your male and female entries do not have to be similar in any way. So, to make sure things are clear...

Design #1 - You must make a design which represents a MALE character which falls under the category "wise old man". You may use any Sylesti species and any traits/colors that you like, including Restricted traits. You must also include a character description and writing excerpt with your design. The description needs to be at least one paragraph, but no more than three. The writing excerpt must be at least 2 paragraphs, and no more than five.

Design #2 - You must make a design which represents a FEMALE character which falls under the category "wise old woman". You may use any Sylesti species and any traits/colors that you like, including Restricted traits. You must also include a character description and writing excerpt with your design. The description needs to be at least one paragraph, but no more than three. The writing excerpt must be at least 2 paragraphs, and no more than five.

If there are absolutely any questions please, PLEASE message me and I will happily answer them. This is our first round and this contest is very different from my other ones so we're all going to be learning and getting used to the newness together.

DEADLINE FOR ENTRIES: Tuesday, October 3rd at 10PM Sylestia Time
Britters
Level 72
The Eggstraordinaire
Posted: 9/26/2017 at 6:10 PM Post #2
Here are the prize packages for this contest!

1st Place - 250k, Max Stat Team (Fabled Themed), Pyromaniac Avatar Bundle, Restricted Trait Disruptor x1, Art Slot by Tori

2nd Place - 200k, Max Stat Team (Non-Fabled), Pyromaniac Avatar Bundle, Restricted Trait Disruptor x1

3rd Place - 150k, Pair of Enhanced Ryori Essences, Desert Wanderers Garb (Recolorable)

4th Place - 100k, Pair of Regular Essences, Pet Dyes
Edited By Britters on 9/28/2017 at 2:54 PM.
Sdog88
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 94
Posted: 9/26/2017 at 6:15 PM Post #3
I WANT TO ENTR PLZ I WILL TAKE THE FIRST SPOT

(do we have to enter are divines now)
Britters
Level 72
The Eggstraordinaire
Posted: 9/26/2017 at 6:21 PM Post #4
I'm sorry if there was any confusion, but after Sign Ups are over there is no more opportunities for other players to enter the competition. You did not make it off of the Waiting List during sign ups, therefore you cannot participate. I apologize if this was unclear.
Sdog88
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 9/26/2017 at 6:30 PM Post #5
oh then can yu ping me next time :(
Britters
Level 72
The Eggstraordinaire
Posted: 9/26/2017 at 6:38 PM Post #6
Yes, I told you that I would do so in teh sign ups thread. Keep in mind this current contest will last a couple months at least so it'll be a while before the next one.
Britters
Level 72
The Eggstraordinaire
Posted: 9/26/2017 at 7:20 PM Post #7
Alright guys, a couple of people have asked similar questions so I figured I'd do a group ping to try and make a few things clearer and to avoid confusion.

The characters you are making designs to represent MUST be original characters. You must come up with the character yourself, you may not base it off of an already existing fictional character. I apologize if this wasn't as clear as I wanted it to be in the instructions, I will do better with the other rounds. This is my first contest that involves writing so I'm still adjusting to the differences between this one and my other contests.

If you have any further questions don't hesitate to ask me.
Britters
Level 72
The Eggstraordinaire
Posted: 9/26/2017 at 7:22 PM Post #8
CRAP! That was the wrong ping list! >.< Sorry to Typhix, Greenmamba, and Sdog88!
Britters
Level 72
The Eggstraordinaire
Posted: 9/26/2017 at 7:22 PM Post #9
See above posts...I'm sorry guys, feeling a bit flustered today. >.>
Sdog88
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 9/26/2017 at 7:23 PM Post #10
WAITE I GET TO BE IN IT YAYYAYYAYYAYAYYAy thanks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.