Players 2,422 378
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,239,928 1,189
Generated 656,151 22
Captured 1,190,346 61
Bred 6,393,337 1,106
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Suggestion Box > Separation of the Games, Contests, and G...
Page 1  
Author Thread Post
Lavenderrain
Level 64
The Artistic
Threads: 65
Posted: 9/17/2017 at 6:06 PM Post #1
The Games, Contests, and Giveaways forum is really popular, and probably gets the most veiws and posts out of any of the forums, but it's also really messy with lots of misplaced thread, or tons of RP games. My suggestion is to seperate the forum into 2 or 3 forums, maybe a Contests and Giveaways forum and a Games forum. We almost need 3 different ones, 1 for contests, 1 for the free giveaways (this could also be a place for any free pets, this type of forum is really helpful for newbies), and 1 for any games, such as all the RP games, Talk Only in Gifs v1, etc.

Another issue that is becoming more necessary is thread and forum Mods. Alot of older players here are dedicated to this game, and many would probably be glad to be Mods. If you have some of us doing this, it would free you up from the task then too. All you would have to do is put up a forum that players fill out and pm to you, and pick like 2 or 3 people to become Mods. They would only need the ability to remove posts, edit posts, move threads, or delete threads. You would need to have some checks and balances, but I think it would really help you if some of us could actually help around. :)
Snowcrystal
Level 61
Threads: 175
Posted: 9/18/2017 at 12:56 AM Post #2
I like this idea
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 293
Posted: 9/24/2017 at 3:41 AM Post #3
Ahhhh I really like this idea. Maybe we could still have the over 'games, contests, and giveaways' but taking the having separate sections for 'games', 'contests', and 'giveaways' maybe you would have a required choice to make at the beginning and players would have an options to see all of them or each section split up?

So I don't think this is coming out the way I'm imagining it but here is what I i'm saying (Ima try to explain better)

So like how you have to have a 'Subject' in order too submit a thread you have to choose whether you want your threat catagorized as games, contests, or giveaway.

As a player you can choose too view just games, contests, or giveaways- still leaving the option too view them all under one big thread list or individual, this would be helpful for people like me who just like to browse and see everything.

Also along with your Mod idea I completely support that idea. If you can become a mod there should be requirement though. (Account over a year old, active player, known in the community, on atleast once a week etc) So maybe like how on wikis, atleast on the Warriors wiki (i used to be a rollbacker on there) in order too get the position you had to have five other people back you up. If there is a chance to become a Mod I would definitively jump at the opportunity. Also for picking Mods with the new community polls feature could also be used to choose Mods. Chosen applications (10 or so) would be put into the poll and players would have the option to vote on who would be Mod. You could also have a way too recommend Mods mayebe?

Ahhaha this is a lot of stuff I just wanted to say a 'few' things lol
Edited By Livinginmyownreality on 9/24/2017 at 3:42 AM.
Kyokai
Level 60
The Majestic
Threads: 53
Posted: 10/5/2017 at 10:54 AM Post #4
I greatly support the idea of splitting the Games / Contests / Giveaways. I'll say it again: Any organization for Sylestia is a great benefit.

However, I'm against the idea for mods at this time. I wrote a big ol' suggestion that I never submitted based on the "CAPS" issue that arrises many times in each festival. During that, I really thought about the need for mods so that there weren't 20 people saying "caps" in the tiny chat box. Ultimately, I would rather have 20 people saying caps than to have a social rift where people are put on grand pedestals in a world where we're all currently on even footing.

This world is beautiful in the fact that we have two admins that rule / take care of everything. And then we have a bunch of veteran players who take initiative and help out newbies, make dedicated guides, do giveaways, and a lot of things mods do anyways. BUT! Everyone is on the same playing-field. When you start giving positions of power to people, ultimately there will be some who felt they deserved a position and lost out because no one voted for them or they were passed over because they're quiet and less popular than the more vocal users. It can quickly become a popularity contest, filled with "free gifts" to bribe votes.

Even if Krin and Fai just chose the players without any voting system, I guarantee that this will lead to hurt feelings and, more so, feelings of discontent. I mean, when that Mod runs across that Mythical themed Nephini, are you going to wonder if its because they're a mod? Am I the only paranoid one here? Probably but still.

I do not know how overwhelmed Krin is with people messaging him, pinging him, asking for threads to have name changes (I've done this twice, myself, cuz Im a dork), just shooting the breeze, asking for name capitalizations, asking random things, complaining about things, etc. I imagine he gets a lot of messages but he always seems to have things under control.

Obviously, the need for mods would be under his and Fai's discretion: whether or not they're necessary at this time. Right now, I feel that Sylestia is still quaint enough that there is not a need for mods. Maybe one day, but hopefully not right now. There are definitely pros to having mods, but I see a lot of cons and I feel they outweigh the pros at this time.
Edited By Kyokai on 10/5/2017 at 10:56 AM.
Savynn
Level 75
Sweet Solver
Threads: 214
Posted: 10/11/2017 at 4:48 PM Post #5
I definitely support the idea of splitting up the games/contests/giveaways section into two or three forums. It's a great idea! I've taken the occasional look in there and it's definitely been very cluttered looking.
Typhix
Level 61
The Artistic
Threads: 73
Posted: 10/20/2017 at 8:39 PM Post #6
Agree!

This Page loaded in 0.009 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.