Players 2,371 350
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,251,830 1,159
Generated 656,350 34
Captured 1,190,833 51
Bred 6,404,552 1,074
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Official Games and Contests > 2017 Fall Festival - Pet Trait Design
Page 9 1, 2, 3... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Deidriel
Level 63
Warden of Umbra
Threads: 62
Posted: 9/28/2017 at 3:44 PM Post #81
I have a question.
If I want to submit a amour mutation for a species like kelpari where the armour takes up two mutation slots would I be allowed to submit the image with both traits and pick one to be my official entry or not?
8ball
Level 66
Warden of Umbra
Threads: 3
Posted: 9/28/2017 at 8:36 PM Post #82
Cool, I didn't see any like these so here are a few entries :)
(If they're too close to someone's design(s), then I am dreadfully sorry and take full responsibility for not paying closer attention)

Vulnyx M2, Gargoyle

Nephini M3, Hallow's Spirit

Zolnixi M2, Mage's Hat and Beard

Ryori G2, Cybernetic Runes

Morkko G3, Autumn Equinox

Lunemara G3, Cobweb

Best of luck to everyone's entries! =D
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 9/28/2017 at 11:19 PM Post #83
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=51029&page=9#81
Author: Deidriel
Time Posted: 9/28/2017 at 3:44 PM
I have a question.
If I want to submit a amour mutation for a species like kelpari where the armour takes up two mutation slots would I be allowed to submit the image with both traits and pick one to be my official entry or not?

I mean, you can just submit it all. I wouldn't worry too much about mutation slot placement (as long as it's somehow feasible). That's something we just will do regardless for any submission.
Deidriel
Level 63
Warden of Umbra
Threads: 62
Posted: 9/29/2017 at 5:51 AM Post #84
Phew! Good to know!
Valligator
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 5
Posted: 9/29/2017 at 7:56 PM Post #85
@Krinadon,

(P.S.- I just reread the rules. Does the one official entry rule mean only one pic per trait? Or just that only one trait per species is allowed? If I'm not supposed to have multiple pics of the one trait please let me know and I"ll edit the post. Thank you! )

I just joined a little while ago, I hope I'm doing this properly. Starting off slow, I'm going to submit just one idea. I didn't see anything like it, so if somebody else has had this idea previously I apologize....and say "Great minds think alike!"

Zolnixi - Stubby Legs

I think this mutation would make Zolnixi look like wicked cute Corgis or with the Chow Tail, like Swedish Vallhunds (if you've never seen one look them up, they are lovely and adorable). I hope it's ok, I'm including pics with the regular tail, the Stubby Tail, and the Chow Tail, but it's all just one submission.

I have some stiff competition here. Seems Sylestia is filled with some very creative people! :)

Please let me know if I've done anything wrong and I'll do my best to fix it. Thank you!
Edited By Valligator on 9/29/2017 at 8:29 PM.
Kyokai
Level 60
The Majestic
Threads: 53
Posted: 9/29/2017 at 9:06 PM Post #86
Hey there! Welcome to the fun of adding to the world of Sylestia!

Your submission is adorable -- I've always wanted a corgi >.<

I'm sure there won't be an issue with your submission as you technically only have one. However, you don't need to post multiple examples. Since you are only submitting one entry, I'm sure it's fine and everything to have multiple -- but if you imagine submitting an entry for every pet, and giving multiple examples for each, that puts 14 images up to 42 images. And if everyone did that, that's a lot for the admins to wade through.

But it is nice to be able to see what stubby legs looks like with the various tails. ^-^;

Anyways, if you need any help or have any questions, feel free to message me. Or, pretty much anyone as the community here is really awesome and friendly.
Valligator
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 5
Posted: 9/29/2017 at 9:22 PM Post #87
@Kyokai

Thank you for the reply and for the compliment on my entry! :)

I definitely see what you mean about if everyone did multiple pics for multiple trait entries. I'll definitely keep that in mind for the future.

I've been having fun learning about all the aspects of Sylestia, and am just starting to check out the forums. I'm glad I read this thread before the deadline.

Thank you again!
SpaceElf1
Level 75
Ghost Writer
Threads: 673
Posted: 9/30/2017 at 12:47 AM Post #88
I've been waiting for this!

Nephini Mutation: Spider Tail Mutation

For this drawing, I did not use different colors to distinguish which slots the colors are from. The different colors are just to make it easier to see the separate tendrils.

To hopefully compensate for my lack of artistic skills, here is an image of the inspiration for this trait:

This is the tail of the Spidertailed Horned Viper, a very real, one-of-a-kind snake species. I drew the tendrils longer than they are in the living creature, because of course the artists will adjust the length and ripply appearance of the tendrils to make them look good. The idea of this trait is to give Nephinies an "edgy" trait other than Lich Wings. (The "edgy" traits are things like Aeridinies' Tentacle Wings and Corruption, Luporas' various Hellhound traits, Faeloras' Bone Mask and Skeletal, etc.) The Spidertailed Horned Viper is an ugly snake, but its tail is not ugly, just . . . different.

If you don't like the name "Spider Tail" for the trait, the scientific term for it is "Elaborate Tail Ornamentation."

This video shows the snake moving around in its natural environment. It does not show the snake using the lure to acquire its dinner. You can find such videos on YouTube, but I didn't think I should post any of them here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OykZS4GfWVk

Qitari: Zebra Mane Gene

This gives the mane and tail nice wide stripes that line up with the body stripes of the Qitaries' Zebra Gene One.

Sylvorpa: Skink Stripes Gene

There are actually 5 lines, just as in the real five-lined skink: 2 on this side, 2 on the other side, and 1 down the back. The side lines in my image are continuous, they just cannot be seen for part of their length due to the Sylvorpa's hind leg.

Lunemara: Eyespots Gene

I am not certain how you might want to do the antennae.

Zolnixi: some kind of stripes (Don't know what to name them)

The idea is to have a Zolnixi Gene that does not mask the Genes it is layered over. I actually meant to make the stripes a bit thinner. Anyhow, these could be Tiger Stripes, Zebra Stripes, Hyena Stripes, or however the artists want to arrange them on the body and name them. However, my inspiration was the Thylacine, and specifically the recent possible sightings of living Thylacines! It would be so cool if they turned out not to be extinct after all.

Puffadore: Batwings

These could also be called Dragon Wings or Demon Wings, but they were inspired by the song "Leather-winged Bat." The claw color comes from one of the Accent Colors. Of course, the membrane needs to be translucent..

Kelpari: Dragonet Highfin (Or Sailfin or something like that, if you prefer)

For a Kelpari stallion, the dorsal spine closest to his neck should be the tallest dorsal spine. As you can see, for a mare, the tallest spine is the second spine back from her neck.
Inspired by the many lovely Dragonet species of tropical fishes, especially the several species of Highfin Dragonets. Unfortunately, I could not find any photos of Highfin Dragonets that showed the living fish in the water. Therefore, here is a nice video of a Starry Dragonet instead. He displays his fins beautifully at the end of the video.

https://youtu.be/yNiYbvRuDAw
Edited By SpaceElf1 on 10/1/2017 at 9:31 PM.
Taptothebeat
Level 71
Candy Dispenser
Threads: 212
Posted: 9/30/2017 at 7:51 PM Post #89
Constellation Wings, perhaps like the 4th of july wings?

Angelzrulez
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 26
Posted: 9/30/2017 at 9:50 PM Post #90
Resubmitting these ones:

Floating Fish

Ocean Headdress

Rose Headdress
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.