Forum Index > Suggestion Box > Pre-tag Accent Colors
Page 1  
Author Thread Post
Savynn
Level 75
Sweet Solver
Threads: 214
Posted: 9/10/2017 at 10:55 PM Post #1
Something I've been getting more and more worried about is how accent colors will affect the pre-tagged themes. Even if the themes aren't tagged, would it be possible to come up with an "official" pallet that we can then just manually put in ourselves?

Really though the more I've been thinking about it the more I think the pre-tags just need to get tagged. I know there's issues with maybe one or two dyed tamed pets being mixed in, but at this point I don't think I really care anymore. One or two grandfathered in seems worth it for the ease of having them tagged. Pre-tags have quite the fans still. I'd hate to see them left behind.
Mikazukichan
Level 75
The Artistic
Threads: 313
Posted: 9/10/2017 at 11:09 PM Post #2
Definitely agree with this. As I'm getting ready to add the Solar Champion traits to the Rose Petal qitaris, I'm worried about the ACs just defaulting to black, or something, which would not compliment these beautiful pastel themes. An official palette, even if we, the lovers of these themes, had to go dye each one to be right, would be very helpful. Having them officially tagged would be even better, in my opinion, because then the tamed ones could benefit from the sorts of instant reclours that other themes enjoy (even if offspring would still have to be physically fixed), as well as being able to use themed disruptors on them! I feel this would be especially important if the purebred tracking actually becomes a reality in the remake of the site. Yes, being pre-tagged makes these themes a little special, but they're sure difficult to keep track of in the offspring department.

As for whether it would be difficult to find the pre-tag tamed pets, I know there are several pre-tag themes that are 100% accounted for already, including released pets. For sure, there are the Springtime Zolnixis, the Rose Petal Qitaris, the Sunrise Sylvorpas, and the Clear Sky Luporas. If tagging the pre-tags is only being held back by not knowing which pets to give the tag, I know I wouldn't mind spending a little more time going through and picking out all the tamed for another one of the pre-tag themes. They're the earliest themes on the site, and I really wouldn't want them left behind, as Sav said.

Anyway, that's my sleepy two cents XD
Theafy
Level 75
Snow Wars Champion
Threads: 58
Posted: 9/10/2017 at 11:48 PM Post #3
Totally support this.

I am a bit iffy about "tagging" the Pre-tags, since, them without a tag is what makes them special. Although if there would be an option which would identify them as a themed--say, This is a Pre-Tagged Sylesti for example, that might be okay?

And as Sav said, although we know some are dyed, they are probably only a number countable with a hand, so we could just identify them as the theme. Nothing can be perfect, after all.

I have been tracking most of the pretags via adv search for a while, and have wrote them down in a google doc, if it would help Krin in any way of identifying the pretags.

I do wish to have these set Accent colors for the pretags, since I am sure we will be disrupting more restricted traits in them once they are released.

(not entirely sure if this makes sense because, sleepy)
Grapejuice
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 155
Posted: 9/11/2017 at 12:07 AM Post #4
I agree with this completley Sav, it would make the clear sky lup transition a lot easier for me at least. and it would help clear up a lot of things as to whether this is worth something or not etc. i support this for sure
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 293
Posted: 9/11/2017 at 1:19 AM Post #5
I support this for sure! I especially agree with the things Theafy said about not actually tagging them as that would take away from the charm of pre-tagged. I would like this though as I am a collector of themed and it has been difficult to find real pre-tagged as I have stumbled across a few generated "Pre-Tagged"
Savynn
Level 75
Sweet Solver
Posted: 9/11/2017 at 9:50 AM Post #6
@Theafy and Livinginmyownreality

I wanted to get a better understanding of what you're proposing. That the pre-tags basically have an invisible tag? So they could be found in the advanced search, be set up properly for accent colors, and be disrupted, but that you wouldn't actually be able to see the theme name on the actual profile page?

I wouldn't be opposed to something like that to keep the "charm" though I think that their significance wouldn't be lost regardless since they were the start of it all and they're so hard to find on active accounts now. If this kind of special treatment of being invisibly tagged isn't possible, would you be against them being tagged for the convenience of the other features?
Theafy
Level 75
Snow Wars Champion
Posted: 9/11/2017 at 11:20 AM Post #7
I wasn't. Really thinking clearly, last night, oops.

What I meant was that it feels kind of weird to tag a pet that hasn't been tagged.
(Okay that doesn't make really sense) >w>

So what I was thinking is that if they were to have a tag, they should maybe have an identification that they were a pretag once. They could have the tag + This is a Pre-Tagged Sylesti because.... they might be forgotten that they were once known as Pretags and were an endangered theme.
Savynn
Level 75
Sweet Solver
Posted: 9/11/2017 at 11:32 AM Post #8
Oh, I see. Hmmm that's interesting. I just don't know if anything special could be done for them. If nothing else, if they do get tagged, I'd still like a club dedicated to them and there's the site's wiki that could hold the information about their previous pre-tagged state. I guess the club would be something like the Former Pre-tagged Club or something? I'll probably just keep calling the themes the pre-tags out of habit. ><

Ya know though as much as I want to see the site wiki flourish, it'd be great if there was something more onsite that discusses such things, too. Not sure exactly what. Like an adventurer's journal that includes a variety of topics including basic info on themed pets and what fest they were introduced. Now sure this information can also be found if you dig around on the forums but with as many people that seem not to really dig for info there, something like that could potentially be a fun way to get people to read up on things they might not know. Particularly if actions you take in game can add to your journal.
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 293
Posted: 9/11/2017 at 9:29 PM Post #9
Well I was thinking like how it says "This is a tamed pet" "This is a generated pet" it would be something to the effect of "This is a Pre-tagged Pet" They would still be getting 'tagged' just not in the same was a regular themed
Theafy
Level 75
Snow Wars Champion
Posted: 10/7/2017 at 8:30 PM Post #10
@Krin

Sorry for bothering you, but do you think the Pre-tags could get a set accent color, sooner or later?
Although I know some of the species haven't been revamped, so accent colors don't apply to them yet, when the species which were already revamped officially get their accent colors implemented?

The Qitari, already has the accent color implemented and since we can disrupt the Solar Champion traits onto them, them not having an accent color is affecting breeding the Solar Champion traits.

(currently they would have blank, white sun markings on the armor and plain, white wings which are hard to see)

Also as Sav and Mika had stated, I think it would not hurt to officially make the pre-tags a tagged theme one day. Even though, some were dyed, it wouldn't make much of a difference since those were probably no more than you can count with a hand.

Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=51021&page=1#1
Author: Savynn
Time Posted: 9/10/2017 at 10:55 PM
Something I've been getting more and more worried about is how accent colors will affect the pre-tagged themes. Even if the themes aren't tagged, would it be possible to come up with an "official" pallet that we can then just manually put in ourselves?

Really though the more I've been thinking about it the more I think the pre-tags just need to get tagged. I know there's issues with maybe one or two dyed tamed pets being mixed in, but at this point I don't think I really care anymore. One or two grandfathered in seems worth it for the ease of having them tagged. Pre-tags have quite the fans still. I'd hate to see them left behind.

Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=51021&page=1#2
Author: Mikazukichan
Time Posted: 9/10/2017 at 11:09 PM
Definitely agree with this. As I'm getting ready to add the Solar Champion traits to the Rose Petal qitaris, I'm worried about the ACs just defaulting to black, or something, which would not compliment these beautiful pastel themes. An official palette, even if we, the lovers of these themes, had to go dye each one to be right, would be very helpful. Having them officially tagged would be even better, in my opinion, because then the tamed ones could benefit from the sorts of instant reclours that other themes enjoy (even if offspring would still have to be physically fixed), as well as being able to use themed disruptors on them! I feel this would be especially important if the purebred tracking actually becomes a reality in the remake of the site. Yes, being pre-tagged makes these themes a little special, but they're sure difficult to keep track of in the offspring department.

As for whether it would be difficult to find the pre-tag tamed pets, I know there are several pre-tag themes that are 100% accounted for already, including released pets. For sure, there are the Springtime Zolnixis, the Rose Petal Qitaris, the Sunrise Sylvorpas, and the Clear Sky Luporas. If tagging the pre-tags is only being held back by not knowing which pets to give the tag, I know I wouldn't mind spending a little more time going through and picking out all the tamed for another one of the pre-tag themes. They're the earliest themes on the site, and I really wouldn't want them left behind, as Sav said.

Anyway, that's my sleepy two cents XD

This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.