Players 2,437 399
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,235,311 1,122
Generated 656,000 45
Captured 1,189,917 95
Bred 6,389,302 982
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Artwork Gallery > Can you give me pointers?
Page 1  
Author Thread Post
Galexiadraws
Level 60
Trickster
Threads: 31
Posted: 8/26/2017 at 8:29 PM Post #1

Okay, so this is my Fursona reference sheet of Tinsle, a new species called the Deeote. Deeote are half deer, half coyote. Any tips or pointers on the art?
Ley
Level 75
High Warlord
Threads: 26
Posted: 8/27/2017 at 2:50 AM Post #2
I don't have experience critiquing furry/fursona things, but I'll give it a shot.

Clarity of design: It's certainly an interesting concept; I assume the design is based off of tinsel? Beyond the typical Christmas colors, it's a little hard to see where the "tinsel" idea comes in. I assumed that's what was wrapped around the antlers? If that's what it's based on, maybe consider incorporating that idea into the body markings or something?

Technical things: Another thing that I'd suggest is to pay attention to volume control, particularly the head and the proportion of the cheeks to the mouth/nose, as well as the proportion of the legs. Based on the front view, there's a tapering of the thigh as it moves toward the knee, and that doesn't appear in the back view (on either leg). I think the knee joint is sitting too low on the right leg (back view), and that shin/ankle isn't defined as well as the front view. I wasn't sure if the finger where the thumb would be is supposed to act as a thumb or more like a claw/foot pad on canines, but if it is a thumb, perhaps move it down and inward towards the palm. The right leg (left one in front view) looks too far torqued from its natural position in relation to the hip and rest of the body. The angle looks to be a profile view from the camera position, and that's not how the hip socket works -- if you angle that leg towards the camera slightly it'll be fine. I'd also suggest indicating more fur along the body as a whole; right now it feels more like a smooth suit with a furred mask on top.

I hope that was helpful? I never intend to sound mean or hurt someone's feelings -- these are only suggestions, and you can take whatever you think is useful. Feel free to tell me to tone it down if you think I've been too harsh.
Edited By Ley on 8/27/2017 at 3:32 AM.
Galexiadraws
Level 60
Trickster
Threads: 31
Posted: 8/27/2017 at 6:44 AM Post #3
Thank you, and you're fine! I love when others can see where I messed up when I can't. Thank you again!

This Page loaded in 0.007 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.