Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Groups, Guilds, Clubs, and Services > Writer's gathering
Page 2 1, 2, 3 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Thegirlygroudon
Level 44
Threads: 55
Posted: 8/1/2017 at 9:55 AM Post #11
My name is Riri. I can't tell you my last name. It's too risky. I also can't tell you where I live. If I do, the Pokeerks might find me and my friends. I don't know what will happen if they do, but I don't want to think about it.
It all started one day when we were at the mall in Hau'oli City. Me and my best friend Kitty were eating at the food court. I reached down to pet my Pichu, Sparky. Suddenly, Sammie rushed into the food court. She was yelling something like, "Hey Riri! Hey Kitty!"
Sammie is just a girl who is like a bully magnet. Once I caught two boys trying to make her jump off the roof of the Pokmon School. I told them to stop, and they didn't, so I said, "If you don't stop picking on her, I'll punch you in the face!"
That certainly did it. They were running away scared. Sammie said I saved her life. Now she still most likely sees me as her hero, and she thinks we're friends. Anyway, back to the story.
So, the three of us walked out of the food court. Then we saw Xavier and Thomas. Xavier is handsome to me, with red hair, and he's pretty tall. Then there's Thomas. Girls say he's handsome, but I don't think of him like that because he's my cousin. "Hey Ri, hey Kat, hey Sam," said Xavier. "Want to walk home with us?"
"Yes," I said, trying to sound cool. Little did we know that our lives would change forever that very day.
Pokemorphs Chapter 1 Book 1
Edited By Thegirlygroudon on 8/1/2017 at 9:55 AM.
Thegirlygroudon
Level 44
Posted: 8/1/2017 at 9:58 AM Post #12
So, we were walking home from the mall. We could go the long way, the safe way, or we could cut through Hau'oli Cemetery. My mom swore to ground me till I was old enough to have my own home if she ever found out I cut through the Cemetery. However, it was raining hard, so we had to get home as soon as possible. So we took the shortcut through Hau'oli Cemetery. However, that's when Sammie said "Look," pointing at the sky.
"What?" I asked. "Just look," said Sammie. So I looked. In fact, we all looked, except for Kitty. It was something big, and it was coming our way! We all knew what it was, but Thomas just blurted it out. "It's a UFO!"
"What?" Kitty said. "That's ridiculous!" But then she looked, too, and shut up.
"It's coming," Sammie said. She smiled like she smiles when she sees something weird. Sparky just came out of her Pokeball, possibly because she heard us. "Pichu Pi?" She asked us what was going on, I think. The UFO landed, and we got a good look at it. It was green, with green Pikachu ears. It had a green Marill tail, and green Vulpix hair. Buried in the hair was a Turtwig's twig. It looked harmless at first, until you saw that it had arms with Groudon's claws. Then, the hatch opened. Out came an alien that looked a lot like its ship. <Hello,> we heard in our heads. Not with our ears, but our head.
<Do not be frightened,> we heard in our heads. "We will not be frightened," said Sammie. "Speak for yourself," I heard Xavier mumble. <Ok,> we heard in our heads.
The alien stepped forward, and then collapsed. "He's hurt!" Sammie said. The alien seemed to be the one who was talking in our heads, as he had no mouth to talk with. <Yes. I am hurt. But there will be no time to save me. No time! I will die...> "But you're the first alien to ever come to earth!" Sammie said.
<No. I am not. There are many, many others.> "Others? Like you?" I asked. <No. Not like me,> he said. I will always remember his answer.
<They have come to destroy you.>
Pokemorphs Chapter 2 Book 1
Edited By Thegirlygroudon on 8/1/2017 at 9:59 AM.
Thegirlygroudon
Level 44
Posted: 8/1/2017 at 10:05 AM Post #13
<They have come to destroy you.>
We all gasped. How could any alien try to destroy 7 billion or more people? That's what I asked the alien.
<They are not like us, the Pokeluts. They are called Pokeerks. They...> The Pokelut stopped talking. Then we saw a slimy, red slug with white swirls all over its body in our heads. I guess the Pokelut couldn't think of a word to describe them. <The Pokeerks are parasites. They enter the heads of their hosts through their ears, and get to the brain.>
"Wow, thanks a lot for telling us. We're probably gonna have nightmares for about a month," Kitty said.
"What can we do to stop them?" Xavier asked. <There is a green box in my ship. Very plain and small. Bring it out here. Hurry! We don't have much time,> the Pokelut said.
"Who will go get it?" Asked Xavier. However, he was staring right at me. So were the others. "Ugh, fine, I'll get it!" I said. When I got in the ship, I saw a picture of four other Pokeluts. I guessed it was a picture of the crashed Pokelut's family. At last, I found what I was looking for.
The small green box. Now all I needed to do was bring it out to the Pokelut.
Pokemorphs Chapter 3 Book 1
Edited By Thegirlygroudon on 8/1/2017 at 10:05 AM.
Thegirlygroudon
Level 44
Posted: 8/1/2017 at 10:17 AM Post #14
So, I brought the box outside, and the Pokelut gave us our next instruction.
<Hurry! All of you, put a hand on a side of the box! Not all on one side,> the Pokelut instructed. We did as we were told.
<Great! Now, send out a Pokemon and touch it for a few seconds. This will "acquire" it, allowing you to morph into it! However, the process is not pretty. You may want to return to Pokemon to its Pokeball when you want to morph it. You will keep the Pokemon's DNA inside you forever,> the Pokelut said.
So I sent out Sparky, hoping to morph into her. I started to pet her, and she went into some trance. "Wait," I said. "Do Pokemon DIE when you acquire them!?" I asked.
<No,> the Pokelut said. <They simply go into a peaceful state.>
I felt Sparky's DNA become part of me. Then, I returned her to her Pokeball. Then, I started to morph into her.
Pokemorphs Chapter 4 Book 1
Mccauley1
Level 67
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 90
Posted: 8/1/2017 at 10:18 AM Post #15
Chapter 1
The Rat
I never realized how easy it was to die. Throughout our lives we all believe we will live forever, though we know it is not true. Its not until you step next to your Death and say goodbye before taking its hand that you realize we cannot stay on this world forever.
I could sense my Death, a cold, dark, and somehow comforting figure beside me as I stepped forward in the swirling dark shadows. I knew the Soulless were following me. I wanted them to follow. But not until the gates closed. Was it a noble sacrifice? I didnt know. I couldnt return home, and I wasnt part of the Cloudlands. I didnt want to stay on this Earth, so I figured I might as well help those who had been kind to me when I died. I could have lived the rest of my days on the clouds, but somehow, I knew I wouldnt be the same.
As I stepped farther in the darkness I felt them, cold and harsh. I didnt see them yet, but I knew they could see me. So, I continued my walk through the shadows. With each step I fought Her, as she became more and more desperate.
Suddenly, white, soulless, dead eyes surrounded me. A raspy voice spoke. You were a fool to come here. Then the pain came. It started small, like cuts and bruises. Then it got worse. I fell to my knees, every muscle, every bone, every cell in my body crying out, wanting to run, wanting to hide, wanting my Death to take me into its merciful arms. But even as the world went dark, fading to nothing, I had one last thought. I had succeeded.
###

I felt pain. Although it was nothing compared to what I had felt before, it was still pain. I felt both relieved and afraid. I had not died, because the dead cannot feel pain, but I didnt know how I had escaped the Soulless, for they had surely meant to kill. My next realization was much more painful than any physical pain. I had no memory. Apart from that one memory, my entire life was gone, as if I had been created at that moment. I knew my name, Silver McRoy, and I knew what the world was like, though I had no recollection of how I knew it. It is a strange thing, to remember ones thoughts, but think of them as though they were another persons. I remembered my thoughts, but I had no clue what they meant.
I opened my eyes, now fully conscious. There was no rush of memories, no sudden realizations. I was in a small circular room. I was lying on the floor, and as I looked around I saw a small bed, a dresser with a mirror, and an arched door. And from the arched door came a trail of blood. It led to my foot. My foot was bloody, with torn up skin.
I couldnt move. Staring at my mutilated foot, my brain just didnt seem to be able to comprehend it. My brain finally caught up, and I started to slowly pull myself to the bed. When I got to the bed, my hand instinctively moved to my boot, and pulled out a knife. I stared at it. Why would I have a knife in my boot? But, I decided to make the best out of it, and I started to cut the sheets, to make a bandage. As I wrapped up my foot, I thought, hard about the one memory I had, trying to figure out how in the world I had escaped. I thought about the dark figure, the Soulless, I had called them. I had wanted them to follow me. I had wanted to die. But why? Why had I wanted death to take me? And then there was death. I had called it my Death as though it were actual thing, not just an idea.
My foot now bandaged, I slowly pulled myself to a standing position, and limped to the mirror. I had long, tangled, black hair, pale blue eyes, and pale skin. I stared at my reflection, but it felt alien to me.It was as though I was seeing myself for the first time.
I limped painfully to the door, and pulled on it. Too my surprise it was unlocked. Behind the door there was a long hallway, with many doors. I walked to the first one on my right, and pulled on the handle. It opened onto a large kitchen, a wooden table piled with warm bread in the middle of the room. It had a pleasant smell, like butter and yeast.My stomach rumbled. I hadnt realized I was hungry until now. I decided it couldnt hurt so I sat down at the table and took a slice of bread. As I ate it, I felt something change inside of me, as though a key had been turned. I gasped. I had a memory.

I sat on the cool grass. At the time I was just four or five years old. I was looking up in the sky, looking at all the shapes the clouds made. Look Mommy, an elf shoe! I turned to my mother. My mother had caramel colored hair, and bright blue eyes. She, like me, had pale skin.
The elves mountain, she muttered. I didnt notice.
And a tower, and, and a horse! I cried.
My mother looked worried. The Tower, and the Horse. The clouds started to move in our direction. No! my mother cried. No, you cant have her!
I stared at her.. Why was she yelling at the clouds?
Silver! She turned to me, an urgency in her voice. Silver, run, run as fast as you can. Dont stop, no matter what you hear, no matter what you see. Whatever you do dont stop until you are far far away Silver!

And then, that was it. I didnt know what happened next. I was living a fairy tale. And I didnt know whether I was the one with a terrible fate, who was taught a lesson. I might be the one who profits from childhood and becomes a hero. Or I might be the one who becomes a villain. The one who betrays her friends. The one who dies, for everyone elses sake. Whatever else happened I knew, somehow, my mother was dead.
As I slowly stood up, I realized my foot no longer hurt. I sat back down and unwrapped it, and saw that there was no longer any injury, just a thin scar. I gaped at it. How? How had my foot healed? I couldnt believe what I was seeing. I looked at the bread. Had it healed me? Had it unleashed the barrier of memories?
I stood and walked back to the hallway, back to all the doors. I opened the door across from me, and saw a museum of stuffed animals. There was one, a creature the size of a large horse, that had two horse-like heads attached to a long skinny neck. Its body was slender, and its lower half was a lengthy fish tail. It had two front legs that appeared to be hooves, but they were more claw-like. Its eyes seemed to follow me as I moved through the room. There was a tiny creature on a podium, labeled Tarenat. The tarenats body was slim and slender. It had a small shrew-like face, with an elephant like trunk. It had a long tail, but no legs. The tarenat also had beautiful wings, that looked as if they were made of mother-of-pearl. Its body was covered in a fur that seemed to change color as I moved.
There was a bear-like creature, that was black, and had glowing red fungus on it. Its label read Ramenette, however someone had scrawled on it Butcher of the Nightfall. across from it was a wolf-like creature that was black with black scales on it's underside, and blue spots covering its body. The original words were not legible, but someone had scrawled Reaver of the Nightfall. I then saw a cage with a tiny almost rat like creature in it. It had a deep red color to it, and was covered it knife-like spikes. To my surprise it opened it's eyes. It looked out at me
"Kill mee! it wailed. Nightfall is coming! KiLL MEEEEEE! and it launched it's body into the bars. I jumped back. The creature looked at me miserably. What are you? I asked, breathless.
I am everything. I am nothing. I am alive. I am dead. I know this world like none other. I cannot bear this world! Kill me!! Please. The last word was a whisper.
What do you mean? I asked. The creature looked at me in despair.
You are human, you, of all creatures, should know exactly what it means. If you cannot kill me, leave me so I may kill myself. I noticed now that there was a fine black grain pouring off each of its spikes. And where the grain touched its body it turned darker, more dead.
What is it? I said, reaching a hand to it.
Stop! it yelled. It is Night Dust. It is killing me, slowly, until I become a Soulless. It said.
Soulless?
Those whom the soul has been taken from. They search out life, and suck it. But you know all this, it said.
No, I replied. I dont.
At that moment it moaned and its eyes rolled into the back of its head. The Night Dust fell on the last bit of living fur, and the creature let out a guttural scream. It lunged at the bars and passed through them. It knocked me down, standing on my chest. Its mouth opened, and from my pores a thin golden dust arose.
LIIIIIIIFE it growled, voice now raspy and sharp. I threw its light body off me. It screeched as it flew through the air. The creature landed on one of the fangs of the Ramennette. The fang pierced its body and it dissolved into the same black dust I had seen earlier. The gold dust that had been rising from my body fell back on me and was dissolving into my skin, like sand falling through an hourglass.
Thegirlygroudon
Level 44
Posted: 8/1/2017 at 10:18 AM Post #16
That's all I have so far. Hope y'all like it! :D
Mccauley1
Level 67
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 8/1/2017 at 10:19 AM Post #17
The sand fell through the hourglass, sitting on the table beside me. Each grain poured through, like the time slipping away. I was about ten, I think. I was sitting in an armchair in a library. I always went to the library to escape home. My father, besides giving me food, and a bed, did not take much care of me. I didnt mind though. My mothers death had been hard on him. I spent most of my time in the local library. I loved reading, all genres, but my favorite had always been fantasy. I set the book I had been working on on the stack beside me. I liked books with strong orphan heroines a lot. I didnt like ones with happy families as much. It seemed to simply taunt me with what I could never have. The loudspeaker crackled above me. The library will close in 15 minutes. I sighed. Time to go home, to an old bed, and probably a drunk father. It was enough to depress anyone. I picked up my books and stood up.

I thought about the memory. It was weird. I remembered what my past self had been remembering. I remembered an old bed, with white sheets, and a blue blanket. I also remembered my father. He was clearly drunk, staggering to the couch collapsing, sobbing, onto the couch. He was calling for Amber, I think that was my mothers name. I remember seeing what looked like shadows lean over him, but when I would look back, there was nothing. I didnt really remember much else.
I sat up. The dust was gone, but the Ramenette seemed to be smiling at me. I quickly made my way out of the room. As I left the room, I stopped. The hallway was different. Its huge stone walls had an almost red tint, and the doors appeared to have moved. To be certain I opened the door across from me and rather than opening to the kitchen again, it opened to a huge library. I sighed happily. The papery smell was comforting in this terrifying place. I looked at the books, and discovered they were in a weird sort of language. One read Jakolungktdier. And another didnt even seem to be in the english alphabet. After searching for a while I found two books in English, sitting side by side. One was called The Oracle Dreams and the other A Humans Guide to The Cloudlands. I took both of them. I found, in the center of the room, a small sitting area, with a large plush chair, and a small couch, with a long table. I sat down and opened the second book.

Once all creatures lived on the Clouds. Humans, Lyons and even Tarenats lived in harmony. But such beautiful peace was doomed to fail. The humans became jealous of the golden dust the other creatures constantly produced. A scientist and warlock, Sorgin Faen, developed a draught that would allow the humans to produce a dust of their own. Sorgin warned them that he had not tried it, and did not know what side effects it had. But the humans were desperate, and as they drank it a change came over them. Over time, their faces became gaunt, and pale, they no longer looked anyone in the eye. But the most shocking change was the black dust that poured from their pores. They were the first Soulless and as they decayed, they infected others. The whole human population fell, and those who had escaped, fled the Clouds to the Earth. However around 250 years later, a new colony would be established.
The human colony prospered for a while, their walls keeping out beasts, and the Soulless. But it was apparent to those outside that a change was occurring. The humans were becoming more violent, cruel, and reckless. The reason why became soon clear, though the humans refused to accept it. For most of the Cloud creatures they were constantly creating more Life Dust, the humans had only what they were born with. Though it was from a distance the Soulless were sucking the humans souls. It was said that it was a terrible thing for one to live with a fractured soul, but none of the Cloud creatures had ever seen it happen. The humans had become something different. Dead, but alive. Unable to pass to the realm of the dead, but unable to truly be in the land of the living.
Those that remained fled for help. A sorceress came to them. She was the embodiment of Summer, and her sisters were Autumn, Spring, and Winter. She told them that Sorgins soul had not been destroyed, but had rather scattered its pieces throughout time and space, into people. She promised, in return for four of these people every 100 years, she would protect them.

I was 16 years old. I was out under a tree in a park, reading a book. I looked up to the sky, and saw 3 clouds. A horse, a tower, and an elfs shoe. I stared at it. It was impossible, clouds didnt stay the same, but here were the clouds I looked at when my mother died. I stood, frozen, a shard of fear racing down my spine. The clouds came closer and closer, and the tower sent a tendril of fog towards me. I wanted to run, but it was like my feet were stuck in place. The fog wrapped around me, and started to lift me into the air. No, not in the air. Into the cloud.

I woke with a start. I had fallen asleep reading. I was no longer in the same room. The books sat on the floor beside me, but I was more interested in the room. It was covered in shelves of books, but the books were chained to the shelves. There were words scrawled on the floor, Knowledge is Power. I moved closer to the shelves, and reached out to touch one. The moment my fingertips brushed the spine of the book, the room disappeared.
My fingers touched a cold stone wall. This place was magic. I thought magic could only exist in fairy tales. But then, I doubt Cinderella knew her story was a fairytale when she slipped on the glass slipper. I felt lost, and hopeless. I wonder if Rapunzel ever thought she was done for? I slid down to the floor, my back resting against the cold stone. I wondered if the villains ever know they are doing the wrong thing? Perhaps we are all villains, and the only heroes are the ones who tell the story. The ones who put themselves in a better light, because they have sinned as much as the villain slain. I didnt believe in any sort of god, but I think if there was a god, he must be a vengeful god, for there is so much evil in the world. I was in a circular room with doors surrounding me, but somehow I knew that none of them led home. Still, I walked towards one and opened it, to find myself in small room, with writing scrawled all over the walls. With horror, I realized the writing was a form of a diary. It started neat, orderly. It started out sane. As I looked through the days the writing became more irregular, erratic. Whoever wrote it had gone insane. Some of the writings caught my eye.
Day 2: I think its day 2 at least. I read once that a human cant go longer than 3 days with no social interaction without going insane. The walls seem to change at every turn. I dont know if its this place or if Im going crazy. But these walls dont change. These walls are my friend. My name is Amilda Sariya. My name is Amilda Sariya. My name is Amilda Sariya. These last words were scrawled carelessly, desperately.
Day 53: I dont remember who I am anymore. I see Amilda Sariya written on the walls, but the words are meaningless. I dont know if she is me, or some other traveler stuck in this damn place. I no longer care if I live or die. I just want someone to remember me. I dont want to be just another dead corpse.
Day 78: Is this hell? I think it must be. I only wish for the devil to show his face.
Day 104: I thought these walls were my friend. But now I know they are my enemies. They are my Jailkeepers. They suck my memory and stick it on the wall, where I can see it but remember none of it. Let them go! Let my memories go!
As I stared at the writing, it blurred, and then I saw a woman, with long brown hair, unkempt, and dirty, with a wild look in her eyes. Let them go! LET THEM GO! she yelled at the wall. The chalk fell from her hands with an echoing clang on the floor. The woman began to beat the wall with her fists, pounding on it, sobbing.
I backed away from, the wall in horror, my hands fumbling to find the doorknob. I finally find it, and bolt out of the room. I dont want to become like Amilda. I dont want to become insane.
I was no longer in the circular room of doors. Instead I was in a long hallway with what seemed like no end. I turned back to the door I had come from, but it was gone. I remembered Amildas words The walls seem to change at every turn,. Maybe I was already going insane. The walls seem to somehow laugh at me as I ran blindly down the corridor.
I ran for what seemed like hours, until, exhausted, I collapsed to the floor. When I looked up I wasnt in the hallway anymore. What was this place? I was in a room filled with water, but I was within a bubble. White things were aimlessly floating around me. I realized they were bodies, preserved bodies, with scars covering them. I heard bodiless voices whisper, Go, flee, escape I sank to my knees, shaking uncontrollably. Was I just another victim of this timeless place? Would I too end up like these poor people? I shut my eyes, wishing I could shut out the memories the dead.

I awoke on an off-white stretcher in a stone corridor. I began to sit up only to find my legs and hands had been tied down with thick leather straps. I panicked, pulling as hard as I could against the bonds. A sharp shock went through my body, and I stopped struggling, breathing hard from the pain. The stretcher began to move down the hallway. I twisted my head but I could not see where I was going. I heard the scraping of wood against stone, which I assumed to be doors. I entered a large circular room. I could see a mans back, standing over a table cluttered with papers.
I see you have awoken. The man said, still not glancing over. I apologize for the bonds. The leather straps holding me down unraveled like snakes fleeing from light. I stood, wary of the man. Finally he turned to me. You look more like her than I would have thought. His voice was deep, and his tone was simply curious. When I first looked at him he seemed to be human, but now I saw the ring of scales around his eyes, and his high cheekbones and pointed ears gave him the appearance of something not quite human.
You were old enough to remember her I think? When I didnt reply he added, Your mother, I mean? He looked at me, and his glance seemed to see right through me. Yes, I replied Yes, I remember her. I also remember that you took her. I glared at him. He smiled brightly. So you do remember! She was such an interesting specimen too. Shame I had to get rid of her. He glanced at me, still smiling. But you! You will be an even more fascinating creature, with so many different bloods! And so few even know of your existence! We will have eternity! In horror, I backed away. The man was looking at me the way a collector looks at a prized item.

I was back in the library. I sat on a large circular tile. It read No one is truly innocent; true power is knowledge, I put my head in my hands and cried.
Mccauley1
Level 67
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 8/1/2017 at 10:22 AM Post #18
Chapter 2:

S957 is safely in the dreamscape.
Is there any sign of Her?
There are small traces of activity. I dont think She recognizes the dreamscape.
Make sure it stays that way.

It was several minutes before I stopped crying. I took a deep breath, and pushed myself to my feet. This library no longer felt familiar and comforting. It felt like a mask. A disguise for something dark and sinister. I found my way to the door in a daze. I still heard the whispers in my head Go, leave far away, I heard Amilda too. Is this Hell? Blood pounded in my ears. Was I insane? Perhaps. Either way, I had to focus. But focusing was hard. It was so much easier to focus on the blurring walls. To sleep, and never wake. No, no thats wrong, I couldnt sleep, I couldnt succumb to the darkness. But laying down and never again worrying sounded so tempting. Was I going crazy? Surely no sane person would think about suicide. But I couldnt stay awake forever. Amilda succumbed to the darkness, and all that was left of her was writing. But maybe I didnt have to let it in. I would drive the madness inside me by trying to avoid it. There was nothing I could do. I slumped against the wall. Why fight it? Why not just sleep? My eyes closed for a second, and in that second I felt a darkness engulf me.
No
The voice was not my own. It was malevolent, and commanding. Sharp.
Get up child. If you perish I perish, and I will not go out like this. Now - The voice was cut off suddenly, with piercing pain, high pitched screams filling my head. I groaned and stumbled to my feet. As I moved along the wall the pain intensified. But now I made out a single word
Run
So I ran. I kept running until I found an opening. I dashed in. There was a door, and behind the door I could see leaves. Outside!

Vines pulled me along the hallway. The man had told them to take me to the dreamscape.
No! I couldnt listen to the memory. I had to keep going!
I entered a room filled with glistening blue tinted bubbles. The bubbles were attached to the floor, and inside each bubble was a creature. I saw humans. I saw creatures with huge wings and tiny bodies.
The door was so close! Just an arms reach away!
I saw what looked like a tiny dragon. All the creatures were sleeping. The vines pulled me towards an empty bubble. They threw me towards it.
At that moment both memory and the room changed. A bright white light engulfed me.
The memory and the present had become one and the same.
I stood in a marble entryway. There were columns that rose above me. They were beautiful, with ornate carvings on them. The drawings showed pictures of stories. I remembered reading about Odyssey, and these pictures perfectly showed it. Ships and Sailors. There was another story too. Calypso. A girl trapped on an island, forever. Like me.
The memory ended, and my mind reeled back to the present. I had been so close to the door. I slammed my palm against the column. My emotions swirled inside of me, unable to discern one from the other. Rage, disappointment, frustration all pent up inside of me.
Child,
The voice was back.
Who are you! I cried out. The voice hesitated. I could feel uncertainty radiating off it.
You may call me Braelynn.
The voice was quiet, soft. I felt a sort of panic rising in my throat. It erupted out of me in panicked laughter.
Great! Ive got a voice named Braelynn in my head, and Im in a stupid magical place, but everything is okay, everything is fine! Hysteria rolled through me like a wave. What is this place! Where the hell am I?!
Calm yourself the harshness in Braelynns voice was back. You are in the Dreamscape, a prison for the mind. I should know. I made it. The last sentence was barely audible, and I could tell it pained her to say it. The Dreamscape is meant to confuse you, to break you, so when you emerge your grasp of reality is hazy.
I tried to mull that over. Braelynn continued, It has many different backdrops and scenarios meant to confuse you.
So, Amilda I started.
Amilda was an experiment. A failed one.
What do you mean? I asked.
There are people known as Dreamwalkers, who are able to walk into someone elses dream. They have the ability to change dreams, to interact with them as though they were reality. It was where the idea of the Dreamscape came from. We needed to test if the Dreamscape could hold a Dreamwalker.
And Amilda was that Dreamwalker, wasnt she? I said. Braelynn continued as though I hadnt said anything.
It worked, and it failed. Amilda was contained for some time inside the Dreamscape, but it drove her to madness. That was never the purpose of the Dreamscape. The purpose of the Dreamscape was to break you, its true, but not like that. Her mind was broken beyond repair. She emerged from the Dreamscape a vegetable. She had no memories left, and she had become a wild animal. But while she was in it Amilda was able to cause permanent changes to the Dreamscape.
I shuddered, seeing the crazy woman writing on the walls, beating them, wishing for her memories back. I understood that feeling.
Theres one more thing I must tell you about Amilda. That wasnt her real name. It was Alexa Ashhawk.
Another memory rolled over me, like a wave crashing into the shore.

I had been in this terrible place for what seemed like months. I wished for anything else, even the sweet release of death. There was nothing safe here. Nothing that was kept the same. I was in a large room that seemed to shift before my very eyes. I buried my face in my hands. I repeated what I said every time I thought it was too much. I am Silver McRoy. I will survive this. I am Silver McRoy.
Are you alright?
The voice seemed to come out of nowhere. It was young, and masculine. I looked up to see a young boy, with dark skin, black hair, and dark brown eyes.
Are you real? I asked, my voice raspy and thin. The boy looked amused. I certainly hope so. Would you like to get out of this place? It was then I realized the room had stopped shifting. You can do that? I asked. The boys face turned serious again. If you let me.
Please. Please take me away. Please.
Give me your hand.
It was like being sucked into a tornado. I felt myself being squeezed in unnatural ways. It felt like I couldnt breathe. Just when I thought it would never end, that this was just the next torture that horrible place had devised for me, it stopped. I found myself in a small room, with the strange boy looking at me with concern in his eyes. Are you alright? Dreamtravel is worse on Immunes.
Who are you? I asked.
My name is Thomas. He said.
Why is the room going white? I asked, my words slurring together. A look of alarm crossed Thomas face before the world went dark.
Mccauley1
Level 67
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 8/1/2017 at 10:22 AM Post #19
What was that? Braelynn asked, confusion in her voice.
Memories. I replied. I think they are at least.
You dont remember anything? There was a strange undercurrent to Braelynns voice. It sounded almost like hope, but that didnt make any sense.
Yes. I said warily. Why?
Ill explain later. When were out of here.
How do we get out of here?
Every prison has a crack in its walls. A glitch in its programming. A way in. And a way out.
So where is this prisons crack? I asked. How did I get out before?
You had someone to help you. A Dreamwalker. Because thats what the dreamscape is, a dream. But no one will come for us.
Why not? I asked, my spirits falling.
Because the Dreamwalker project was discontinued. All the pods were destroyed. No one knows were here!
But If all the pods were destroyed then how are we here?
I dont know. Braelynns voice was grim, and frustrated.
Why did you create the dreamscape? I asked. But Braelynns voice was gone, and I could feel her consciousness simmering beneath my own. I looked around me again, and despite the horrors of this place, I found myself marveling at the architecture. The rooms high ceilings and ornate carving fascinated me. But as I looked closer at the carvings I realized each person had my face. My smiling face looked down at me as I beheaded someone in one carving.
Palemoon
Level 38
Threads: 17
Posted: 8/1/2017 at 4:55 PM Post #20
Welcome and i like your story! What made you decide to write it?
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.